Trouble with noonfrost

I have gotten carried away and went and killed everyone in noonfrost before it became a mission. I now can't use the frozen portal. I was wondering if I needed these people in order to get the "portal mission" or can I get it another way. I have a backup save point which is about an hour back so was hoping to avoid having to do it all over again.

Thanks

I have gotten carried away and went and killed everyone in noonfrost before it became a mission. I now can't use the frozen portal. I was wondering if I needed these people in order to get the "portal mission" or can I get it another way. I have a backup save point which is about an hour back so was hoping to avoid having to do it all over again.

Thanks

By mission, are you referring to the person you have to "find" in Noonfrost (trying to avoid using a spoiler)?  Or is there some other mission?

No, he means Rymrgand's quest. You can simply do as Ormag?den (what character is that? :p) said. If you killed them already, there is no one stopping you from sealing the portal. You won't get the option to actually let them through tho, since you killed them already. This saves you from a possible quest failure because you need to convince Rymrgand that those peeps did it for his honor or something like that.

No, he means Rymrgand's quest. You can simply do as Ormag?den (what character is that? :p) said. If you killed them already, there is no one stopping you from sealing the portal. You won't get the option to actually let them through tho, since you killed them already. This saves you from a possible quest failure because you need to convince Rymrgand that those peeps did it for his honor or something like that.

I was doing the Gywain (?) quest, and learned after completing it that some girl was supposedly last seen there and perhaps kidnapped.  I didn't know anything about an portal that needed closing, and IIRC didn't do anything to close it.  Guess it's still chilly in Twin Elms, since I already completed that run thru.  ;)

That's the Fangs girl. Killing everyone and releasing her will also solve that quest. You can do both quests peacefully tho.

(Wish there was a spoiler tag here....)

I didn't see how it was possible to avoid violence.  The pale elves get violent the instant you go where they don't want you to go.  Did I miss someone who was willing to be reasonable?  (I suppose I did.)

That's the Fangs girl. Killing everyone and releasing her will also solve that quest. You can do both quests peacefully tho.

(Wish there was a spoiler tag here....)

I didn't see how it was possible to avoid violence.  The pale elves get violent the instant you go where they don't want you to go.  Did I miss someone who was willing to be reasonable?  (I suppose I did.)

It's in the spoilers section :p

If you want to avoid further spoilers, don't read this!

You can sneak in (or you can slaughter everyone for a less peaceful solution). You need to talk with the guy at the portal for both quests. They won't turn hostile until you try to stop them. You need to find the girl first, otherwise there is no dialogue option to free her. You get to choose from a bunch of stat checks or a race check if you are a pale elf, and he will agree to release the girl. As for the portal, you can use the thing you got from Rymrgand to open the portal for them (not sure if there's an option to dissuade them), but if you let them through you'll have some explaining to do. Rymrgand won't be pleased, but you can persuade him that those guys did it for his honor.