Vote FOR KOTOR 2

Wow, I'm surprised that Halo 2 is leading - and by a considerable margin.

I'm not sure which to vote for. I'll have to think about it...  :p

Indeed. The original Halo was pretty good, but nothing to brag about, guess lot's of Xboxers log on Gamespot.

Personally, i was going to vote for KOTOR2, but since i hate Star Wars (and the limitations it will impose to Obsidian), i voted for Half Life 2 instead, propably the only FPS out there that seems to be focused on GAMEPLAY...

Very few people are going to care about that. At least with prestige classes you can be more Jedi than you could before.

Translation:

You can be more a munchkin you could before.

It's a single player game. People can munchkin all they want. What business is it of yours? If you feel overpowered don't take a prestige class.

It's a single player game. People can munchkin all they want. What business is it of yours? If you feel overpowered don't take a prestige class.

So what?

I said The Munchkin Lords have less options, you slap me with the Munchkin classes as if they are more options, they are not.

You really cannot show what more meaningful options do The Munchkin Lords have over Knights of the Old Republic since there are none, ... same old Jedi Simulator, same boring storyline (dont give that crap about being dark, most RPGs stories are "dark", SW:KotOR was dark), same s***ty engine, same stupid force power except its now more munchkin ...

drakron.png

So what?

I said The Munchkin Lords have less options, you slap me with the Munchkin classes as if they are more options, they are not.

You really cannot show what more meaningful options do The Munchkin Lords have over Knights of the Old Republic since there are none, ... same old Jedi Simulator, same boring storyline (dont give that crap about being dark, most RPGs stories are "dark", SW:KotOR was dark), same s***ty engine, same stupid force power except its now more munchkin ...

1) KOTOR was NOT dark...

2) KOTOR basic characteristics were AVERAGE at best, it was the story and characters that made it rather enjoyable.

3) Avellone says that KOTOR2 will retain the same basic traits, but will concentrate on what made KOTOR great, that is, story and characters.

4) Without actually playing the game, you can't tell a story nor it's characters.

5) KOTOR2 will be darker. If the game concentrates on story, is being developed by the lead designers behind Torment, and is darker then your average Star Wars game (indluding disney KOTOR I), i can't only forsee GOOD things for this game.

Hey, maybe it will even be to Star Wars games what Empires Strike Back was to Star Wars itself...

Uh they are MORE options. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the definition of more changes. Sounds like you didn't like anything about KOTOR and KOTOR2 isn't going to be that different. Why are you here?

1) KOTOR was NOT dark...

Of course not ... despite we starting the game under a Attack, having a planet fallen under enemy weapons and having it destroyed.

How can it possible be dark?

-irony-

2) KOTOR basic characteristics were AVERAGE at best, it was the story and characters that made it rather enjoyable.

The Munchkin Lords looks like that ...

3) Avellone says that KOTOR2 will retain the same basic traits, but will concentrate on what made KOTOR great, that is, story and characters.

Lighting rarely strikes twice, BioWare neglected many aspects to concentrate on others and it paid off (sort off, in the greater view of things it was a trade off).

4) Without actually playing the game, you can't tell a story nor it's characters.

I just love this excuse ...

5) KOTOR2 will be darker. If the game concentrates on story, is being developed by the lead designers behind Torment, and is darker then your average Star Wars game (indluding disney KOTOR I), i can't only forsee GOOD things for this game.

:rolleyes:

Can I borrow your crystal Ball?

I want to win the Lottery.

drakron.png

Of course not ... despite we starting the game under a Attack, having a planet fallen under enemy weapons and having it destroyed.

How can it possible be dark?

That's dark to you ?!?

The Munchkin Lords looks like that ...

It looks like what, a basic RPG with great story and characters ?!?

And that is bad how, again ?!?

Lighting rarely strikes twice, BioWare neglected many aspects to concentrate on others and it paid off (sort off, in the greater view of things it was a trade off).

Any reason not to assume it won't happen again ?!?

I just love this excuse ...

What excuse ?!? It's a factual vericity. You can't possibly appraise and judge a story unless you actually read it, there no other way, none, nada...

Notice how i'm keeping my tone on a conditional tense ?!? Notice how i opened my sentence with 'if' ?!?

You on the other hand seem to have a rather adamant opinion about the game, as you had already played it yourself.

May i borrow your time machine ?!? Pretty please ?!? :rolleyes:

;)

The irony of Drakron using this argument makes me laugh.

No offense, but that rhetoric coming from someone who assumed the worst about the story in kotor 2, seemingly immediatly after reading the small amount of information in the EGM article, and then treats this assumption as if it where fact, is pretty rich.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers

Hey, maybe it will even be to Star Wars games what Empires Strike Back was to Star Wars itself...

That would require KotOR II to have an even better plot-twist, dialogue, voiceacting than its predecessor. It more simple to expect the worst, than expecting another 'The Empire Strikes Back' IMHO.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They CANNOT do a "The Empire Strikes Back" because that movie was left in a cliff hanger for The Return of the Jedi, problem in doing Star Wars games (and making games set on other people extablished IP in general) is that you are not allowed to re-write history.

SWKotOR was the OT (as Grommir likes to point out) and it simply cannot be done again, if tried the changes they will failed are rather large and even if they do managed its simply more of the same.

What I expect was a SW RPG using the prequels theme, even if Lucas screws up in many aspects his original ideas hold merit, I am not seeing that ... what I am seeing is in fact SW:KotOR II in the full sense of the word, exactly the same as SW:KotOR, except we dont even get the chance to try diferent classes.

Only thing that SW:TSL on its own appeals is for munchkins, they are not imaking the required changes to stand on its own ... if I wanted another Star Wars story I would read a damn novel.

drakron.png

Why vote for a Bioware Hand me down that has less options than the original.  KotOR2 sounds really disappointing.

Are you drunk? Less options then the original? There is more. Have you even read anything about the game?

Okay, I want to play a scoundrel. Oh wait, I can't. How about a Scout or Soldier. Oh wait, I can't.

Far more limitations on creating non-Force users, still limited to be only human, and forcing the player to play the developers' characters. Yep, that really opened up the diversity there. :)

O M G O M G O M G

My eyes, my eys! the Empire of Internet Geek Message Boards have assaulted my eyes!

I'd like to say both sides are right, and both sides are wrong. Drak, and Hades are right in some of their points. Afterall, forcing the player to *only* be a Jedi is even more limiting than KOTOR where you started in a base class and became a Jedi later. Far more limiting. the PrC are all just more Jedi classes. I'm sure theya re cool; but I'd rather they do this: Let you choose a basic class, then pick a Jedi class, then choose a PrC 9either Jedi or non Jedi). Now, THAT would incrase options.

Also, they aren't even adding skills. At all. Even the NWN expansions added skills. WOWSERS!

Now... it seems theya re adding Force powers. OWWSERS! jedi, jedi, jedi. It's all about the Jedi.

Are they adding more feats. They better.

And, Drak is right, KOTOR1 was dark. I mean anyone who thinks otherwise doesnt even know the definition of the word dark (in the context of stories).

All that said, this threa does show how hypocritical Drak is. He makes fun of people prejduging KOTOR2's story when they say it'll be dakrer than the original yet all his posts are about how sucky the KOTOR2 story will be. the REAL question is does he have a crystal ball?

Anyways, have fun you all. I know I am. :)

P.S. Scary, most of my post was in agreement with Hades and Drakjron. WOWSERS AND DOUBLE WOWSERS! :):)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't want to play a Jedi. The major fault in the Star Wars RPG is the damn Force powers and the Jedi classes which are way too over powered. I like to play my character, Volourn, not have the power play my character.

I don't want to play a Jedi. The major fault in the Star Wars RPG is the damn Force powers and the Jedi classes which are way too over powered. I like to play my character, Volourn, not have the power play my character.

That really doesn't make sense.

If your character is a jedi and the jedi are baseline (which seems to be the case for KotOR:TSL) how exactly is that overpowered? :)

That really doesn't make sense.

If your character is a jedi and the jedi are baseline (which seems to be the case for KotOR:TSL) how exactly is that overpowered? :)

Simple common sense. Not everyone in the galaxy have the abilities to hold their own against a Jedi/Force User. The average grunt will get his arse handed to him every single time.

1st level soldier against a 1st level Jedi (any class) will get owned by the Jedi.