Vote FOR KOTOR 2

I doubt the 1st level jedi would win everytime. Afterall, it would p;robably take the soldier one good hit to kill the Jedi since the Jedi is doubtful to have lots of hp...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'd put my money on the soldier.

The fight would start at range, and blaster deflection isn't a certainty.

So the Soldier would likely have 2 shots before the jedi got up to him.

And at first level... it only takes one to kill ya... well except for the weak blasters in KotOR.

d6? Ooo The soldier is reals cared about that hp total. Ooo... At low level it's about always about luck and timing.

If you were tlaking say much higher level then maybe I'd agree but 1st leevls no.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought, and this is from what I understood from KotOR, that the Jedi class is actually a sort of prestige class and that the Jedi would have several levels of another class before he became a Jedi. If that's true, then I see no reason why a first level soldier wouldn't be canon fodder for a first level Jedi.

Not only that, but Jedi are supposed to be the elite of the elite. It's one thing to say that a first level soldier should have a chance against a Jedi. It's another to suggest that the fight is fair. A first level fighter shouldn't win even half of the time.

Now, I don't give a crap about any munchkin argument. In fact, I doubt if the vast majority of consumers care about the folks who come around here and rail 'gainst "munchkins." The fact is, the Star Wars universe revolves around the special status and fighting prowess of the Jedi. If they decide to make Jedi fall to the first Tom, ****, or Harry that comes along, then they've made a mistake.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I thought, and this is from what I understood from KotOR, that the Jedi class is actually a sort of prestige class and that the Jedi would have several levels of another class before he became a Jedi. If that's true, then I see no reason why a first level soldier wouldn't be canon fodder for a first level Jedi.

Not only that, but Jedi are supposed to be the elite of the elite. It's one thing to say that a first level soldier should have a chance against a Jedi. It's another to suggest that the fight is fair. A first level fighter shouldn't win even half of the time.

Now, I don't give a crap about any munchkin argument. In fact, I doubt if the vast majority of consumers care about the folks who come around here and rail 'gainst "munchkins." The fact is, the Star Wars universe revolves around the special status and fighting prowess of the Jedi. If they decide to make Jedi fall to the first Tom, ****, or Harry that comes along, then they've made a mistake.

Amen :)