Backer Beta Build 480 Portraits

Hum, for the beta testers, how does the portrait selection works? Because there are a lot of portraits with just slight variations in colors and clothing details. I don't know, it might be just a personal thing, but I think it would look better if there were side arrows to search between different portraits and up/down arrows to swap between color variations of the same portrait. Otherwise it all looks kind of mixed and thown there, i don't know. What do you guys think?

It isn't that big a deal really.  You gotta understand most players wont even use custom characters and every NPC has a unique portrait that you can't select for your character.  So there are literally like 72 options for what will be one character for most players right now.

That's more player specific non NPC portraits than BG2 and IWD combined.

• Like 3

Hum, for the beta testers, how does the portrait selection works? Because there are a lot of portraits with just slight variations in colors and clothing details. I don't know, it might be just a personal thing, but I think it would look better if there were side arrows to search between different portraits and up/down arrows to swap between color variations of the same portrait. Otherwise it all looks kind of mixed and thown there, i don't know. What do you guys think?

I would agree, but for that functionality to matter, there'd have to be multiple variations of each portrait, and there isn't.

With the number of present portraits, I'd really prefer it if I could look at all of them at once, though. Clicking left and right is pretty meh.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

It would be nice to have all the portraits on the screen at the same time, kinda like Neverwinter Nights 1 did.

28611-neverwinter-nights-windows-screens

Ahahaha! I've forgotten about those NWN portraits. Are these adventurers or Sword Coast celebrities posing for covers of the Sword Coast weekly gossip magazine? :D

Edited by Sedrefilos