Journalism and bias in the gaming industry.

Rosbjerg

https://www.crowdrise.com/lovedatacharity/fundraiser/GameDiviner

Think some of you fellows would be interested in this.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Weaponizing charity, for shame.

All this GG stuff introduced me to an amazing amount of nonsense terminology, which was entertaining. Guess it comes from people that took a few humanities courses or something -have to emulate their STEM betters :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I didn't spout a word of sensationalism yet I was quoted when I called out how bull**** Sarkeesian's comments were and treated like I'm some massive anti-feminist or some crap.

You sound confused.

Because I am.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

...Doing something constructive with the amount of free time you people spend on hating Sarkeesian & co.? Pick up collecting train models as a hobby?

Hm don't think it takes up that much time. And it is already part of the 'entertainment' partition so no need.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Consumer, gamer, the walking dead, untermensch...interchangeable really. Vastly objectified and ridiculed diverse masses whom it is all too easy to villify, and talk down to, or to dismiss as sexist etcetera. In fact i'd say it goes beyond Gamergate, and extends to all media, one has seen a rise of mankind looking down upon mankind and the championing of derisory attitudes to others. A disturbing and uncomfortable trend in my opinion, and very widely propagated by those whom judge themselves to be betters and worthy of deciding what others do.

Interestingly enough, the only forum I know where "championing of derisory attitudes" is against the rules is a filthy SJW hideout, whereas gamergaters in general are pretty keen on looking down on their fellow human beings (not to mention a disturbing tendency to employ a horrifyingly bad understanding of statistics and science in general to justify doing so).

What a conundrum, really.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well, everyone in this whole affair does that though - though I suppose anti-GG stuff is just really weird attempts at being edgy and Internet hardmen (leaving aside types like Kuchera that want people disciplined at work for having the wrong opinion, mind you). Shame the sarcasm and wit is so poor though, even if the arguments you can provoke are amusing.

Really isn't much wrong with the derisory attitudes though online, but some people get upset and cry over it these days.

Sean Penn was pretty on it when he said people latch on to things to get liked on Twitter :)

Edited by Malcador

Consumer, gamer, the walking dead, untermensch...interchangeable really. Vastly objectified and ridiculed diverse masses whom it is all too easy to villify, and talk down to, or to dismiss as sexist etcetera. In fact i'd say it goes beyond Gamergate, and extends to all media, one has seen a rise of mankind looking down upon mankind and the championing of derisory attitudes to others. A disturbing and uncomfortable trend in my opinion, and very widely propagated by those whom judge themselves to be betters and worthy of deciding what others do.

Interestingly enough, the only forum I know where "championing of derisory attitudes" is against the rules is a filthy SJW hideout, whereas gamergaters in general are pretty keen on looking down on their fellow human beings (not to mention a disturbing tendency to employ a horrifyingly bad understanding of statistics and science in general to justify doing so).

Point proven, statistically and scientifically Gamergaters generally look down on their fellow human beings. Most amusing.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Point proven.

Ah, clarified since. Will reply in a moment.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Read your own post Sir, and reflect a little on derisory blanket attitudes and assumptions, it should be fairly obvious.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Point proven, statistically and scientifically Gamergaters generally look down on their fellow human beings. Most amusing.

Read your own post Sir, and reflect a little on derisory blanket attitudes and assumptions, it should be fairly obvious.

You're being intellectually dishonest here.

"There is a tendency within Gamergate to abuse science and statistics in order to arrive on factually wrong conclusions that support their dislike of feminism" is not really up to debate with Sargon of Akkad videos being posted here as explanations of how feminists are lying liars whose pants are, presumably, on fire. And you're the only one who seems to equate this statement with "gamergaters are statistically and scientifically looking down on their fellow human beings", because those words were never written down here by me. (Well, actually, they just were, but not in the quote you seem to attribute them to. [/pedant])

Ah so Sargon of Akkad speaks for all Gamergaters, none of whom have any free will and independent thought? This proves undisputably that their minds are unable to grasp scientific fact or statistics? So your statement that "gamergaters in general are pretty keen on looking down on their fellow human beings (not to mention a disturbing tendency to employ a horrifyingly bad understanding of statistics and science in general to justify doing so)." Is now scientifically proven.

Glad you've sorted that out for us poor untermensch, it's so logical and simple really.

Conversely Ian Miles Cheung and Geordie Tait speak for anti Gamergate, so presumably you're all Nazi monsters whom think that annihilating millions of untermensch is the only solution yes? Of course not that is a ridiculous argument unworthy of a childs reasoning, and just goes to prove my point with even more certainty.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

Ah so Sargon of Akkad speaks for all Gamergaters, none of whom have any free will and independent thought? This proves undisputably that their minds are unable to grasp scientific fact or statistics? So your statement that "gamergaters in general are pretty keen on looking down on their fellow human beings (not to mention a disturbing tendency to employ a horrifyingly bad understanding of statistics and science in general to justify doing so)." Is now scientifically proven.

Glad you've sorted that out for us poor untermensch, it's so logical and simple really.

Conversely Ian Miles Cheung and Geordie Tait speak for anti Gamergate, so presumably you're all Nazi monsters whom think that annihilating millions of untermensch is the only solution yes? Of course not that is a ridiculous argument unworthy of a childs reasoning, and just goes to prove my point with even more certainty.

Strawmanning doesn't befit you.

"In general" means exceptions exist. Still, one only has to read through this very thread to assess that gamergaters, in general, don't exactly have an immense amount of respect towards their fellow human beings as long as those fellow human beings identify as followers of certain flavors of feminism.

Didn't GG disown Sargon of Akkad? Or was that someone else? I don't pay attention to the e-celeb drama anymore. Sargon of Akkad is nothing more than someone who tried to use GG to forward his own agenda and failed.

It's always nice to see that the good country of Scotland has so many requirements of becoming a citizen.

Anyways, it wasn't even a few weeks ago when multiple people have recommended his videos in this thread, or the one before this, as an explanation of Gamergate. Or feminists lying. Or something like that. So, I assume, he is still very much "in" with a segment of the movement.

• Like 1

Ah so it is this thread (not now Sargon of Akkad) which indicates how all Gamergaters think scientifically and statistically, and that in general they all have a problem with their fellow man and feminists? Please carry on, and I apologise for such a blatant generalisation and strawmanning as to think that single unconnected facts do not encompass all individuals.

Point being proven sentence by sentence.

Anyway off to walk the dog, ta ta.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

Still, one only has to read through this very thread to assess that gamergaters, in general, don't exactly have an immense amount of respect towards their fellow human beings as long as those fellow human beings identify as followers of certain flavors of feminism.

This is precious.

Didn't GG disown Sargon of Akkad? Or was that someone else? I don't pay attention to the e-celeb drama anymore. Sargon of Akkad is nothing more than someone who tried to use GG to forward his own agenda and failed.

I never really watched his stuff. Mind you I was always more into digging or various charity drives than drama.

Do we have a definition of what the gamergate movement is all about yet?

Keeping women out of vidya and honoring the prophet Acid Rain.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Ah so it is this thread (not now Sargon of Akkad) which indicates how all Gamergaters think scientifically and statistically, and that in general they all have a problem with their fellow man and feminists? Please carry on, and I apologise for such a blatant generalisation and strawmanning as to think that single unconnected facts do not encompass all individuals.

Point being proven sentence by sentence.

Anyway off to walk the dog, ta ta.

Okay then, if this thread is not the nice face of gamergate (which people here have repeatedly asserted, and I foolishly thought I should listen to them, with them being more familiar with the movement and all that), then please do show me what magical unicorn gamergater fairy land has those open-minded and tolerant folks who are completely cool with all manners of feminists and not at all spend a huge amount of their time on mocking them?

Because, you know, otherwise we'll have to go by the charming and nice folks of 8chan, housing pretty much the biggest community of pedophiles well, that too, but that's orthogonal to the point gamergaters I know of?

I mean, you're pretty keen on wailing about "generalization! EBUL!!4!", but fail to engage with what my original argument actually was about, which is "SJW-leaning places with strong moderation policies, in my experience, are generally more successful in creating communities where genuine respect prevails than gamergate-adjacents with their more laissez-faire guidelines of etiquette".

• Like 1

Do we have a definition of what the gamergate movement is all about yet?

Do you care?

Have to love shirty's arguing style by the way. Interesting pattern how people lean too much on sarcasm in all this, even free from Twitter's 140 shackle. I am not sure why mockery is all that bad and really how 8chan's pedophilia is an alternative to it - I'm pretty sure you mock GG people all the time based on your, heh, work here.

Edited by Malcador

Nah, no one has been really disowned as there is no official charter of Gamergate to begin with as it is more a consumer revolt against people not leaving games and gamers alone. However, i do remember King of Pol spilling spaghetti about the Holocaust ("hay guise, i done sum calculations and they do not match 6 million!"). Sargon actually told him to stop being stupid IIRC.

Sargon is cool in my book.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Have to love shirty's arguing style by the way. Interesting pattern how people lean too much on sarcasm in all this, even free from Twitter's 140 shackle. I am not sure why mockery is all that bad and really how 8chan's pedophilia is an alternative to it - I'm pretty sure you mock GG people all the time based on your, heh, work here.

I never said mockery is bad.

I contested Nonek's assertion that those evil, evil SJWs are all looking down on their fellow men whereas the pure, uncorrupted gamergater folks are valiant fighters of diversity. Which is pretty much bullcrap in my personal experience with both sides.

Well, if mockery is "looking down on people" which is bad, from the post on this branch then there we are.

if (...) "looking down on people" (...) is bad

Well, that's Nonek's assertion.

Research says it's pretty much an unavoidable part of human nature, but I can't really be bothered to scour through all my folders for a link.

"I contested Nonek's assertion that those evil, evil SJWs are all looking down on their fellow men whereas the pure, uncorrupted gamergater folks are valiant fighters of diversity. Which is pretty much bullcrap in my personal experience with both sides."

SJWs aren't people and I don't have time to baby sit  monsters that hate women and minorities and white people as much as SJWs do. I am pro human. SJWs are not. Therefore, in conclusion, I conclude very reasonably, they are monsters and not people.

:) :) :)

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Speaking of Sargon: 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy