Do not go the "all endings happened" route plz.

Please let's hope the developers pick one ending and stick with it. Finalize Revan as a particular sex (male or female) and choose Revan's look from one available from the original KOTOR. Better yet don't even have Revan in the game! However stick with one ending (Bad or Good) from the original game, include all plot events that would have transpired from that ending and begin the new story. That's all I ask - plot wise.

Please let's hope the developers pick one ending and stick with it. Finalize Revan as a particular sex (male or female) and choose Revan's look from one available from the original KOTOR. Better yet don't even have Revan in the game! However stick with one ending (Bad or Good) from the original game, include all plot events that would have transpired from that ending and begin the new story. That's all I ask - plot wise.

It sounds like, rather than doing this or going the 'all endings happened' route, they're letting you choose at the beginning of the game how things played out. So, for example, you get to decide whether Revan was a man or a woman, and whether he/she became a Sith or stayed a Jedi.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

It sounds like, rather than doing this or going the 'all endings happened' route, they're letting you choose at the beginning of the game how things played out. So, for example, you get to decide whether Revan was a man or a woman, and whether he/she became a Sith or stayed a Jedi.

If this is true then that would be awesome! I hope Obsidian can confirm this.

Advice for using forums. Before asking a question, check if its already been answered first.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wouldn't that really complicate the progress of the plot? Two (2) Endings and Two (2) Sexes.... that would create a possibility of 4 different opening senarios. That would make a lot of "He/She" dialog changes and what about the Male-Revan/Bastilla Romance VS Not & the Female-Revan/Carth Romance VS Not.... How would that affect the plot/characters? Errr whatever, Obsidian probably has it covered some how.

Advice for using forums. Before asking a question, check if its already been answered first.

I didn't ask for your advice - thanks.

You'll get some unsolicited advice then (spam).

Read the FAQ. B)

Might keep some unnecessary threads off the boards.

No hostile intent. Take it or leave it (the advice) :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I didn't ask for your advice - thanks.

didn't mean to be rude, you were just like the 8th person I had seen ask something that had been answered like a week ago in the magazine scans, so I wanted to say something.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

What we have not been told is the extent that what you tell the game affects the plot. Personally i would like big differences, yes I know this would be difficult but it would make you feel that what you did in the first game is not lost.

As a further point, i think it maight have been better to set the story further into the future in order to avoid the above problem! :)

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I suspect that what you "tell" the game regarding the first KOTOR will change how things got to be the way they are in KOTOR 2, but it won't change the way things are. What I mean is that the Jedi will be on the verge of extinction and the Republic will be in shambles no matter what, but how it happened will be up to you. With the light side ending, maybe the Republic, thinking the Sith were mortally wounded, declared the war to be over. The Sith rebuilt and attacked the Republic again, etc etc. Revan became disenchanted with the Republic and left for unknown space. For the dark side, maybe Revan lost a critical battle against the Republic (he/she is only human after all) and his/her followers turned against him/her. Revan escaped and started hiding in unknown space.

Revan described as one of the greatest tactical geniuses in SW history with Battle Meditation and a massive ever expanding fleet on his side would have to have made some HUGE mistakes in a really important battle. B)

Revan described as one of the greatest tactical geniuses in SW history \

That was the old Revan.

Judging from the dialog options offered in the original game, MY Revan was as thick as an armored battle cruiser, and i don't remember you regaining any of your old memories either so...

I suspect that what you "tell" the game regarding the first KOTOR will change how things got to be the way they are in KOTOR 2, but it won't change the way things are. What I mean is that the Jedi will be on the verge of extinction and the Republic will be in shambles no matter what, but how it happened will be up to you. With the light side ending, maybe the Republic, thinking the Sith were mortally wounded, declared the war to be over. The Sith rebuilt and attacked the Republic again, etc etc. Revan became disenchanted with the Republic and left for unknown space. For the dark side, maybe Revan lost a critical battle against the Republic (he/she is only human after all) and his/her followers turned against him/her. Revan escaped and started hiding in unknown space.

I suspect it'll be like this:

Light Side ending: Even with the Sith defeated at the Star Forge, the Jedi were still devastated by the war, with only a handful of survivors. The Star Forge may have fallen out of their hands, and the Sith have been put on the defensive, but the survivors are still a force to be reckoned with, still have plenty of ships and men, and continue their war against the Republic under new leadership (the titular 'Sith Lords', whoever they may be.) Revan, exhausted from the war and the constant fighting, goes into voluntary exile.

Maybe something or other will allow the Sith to gain the upper hand again. Hopefully not another 'mega-battle station', but we'll have to see.

Dark Side ending: With the Republic fleet nearly annihilated and the Star Forge in his hands, Revan begins to lead the massive Sith armada against the Republic....only to find he isn't the only one to have taken advantage of the chaos following Malek's death. Within the ranks of Dark Jedi, a coup is launched against him, and Revan is driven into exile while these 'Sith Lords' take power. Since the Obsidian folks probably need to get rid of the Star Forge, they could say that Sith ships loyal to these Dark Jedi destroyed the Star Forge, thinking they had plenty of ships and men as it was and hoping to catch Revan on it, but Revan escapes just in time.

The Jedi, meanwhile, have been devastated by the war and Revan's defection to the Sith. The Republic is on the defensive, and is on the verge of collapse, but the fighting amongst the Sith lets them catch their breath. Meanwhile, in exile, Revan plots and schemes for his return.....

I'm having a slight problem with the Sith lords story, and that's how *supposibly* those Sith lords collaborate with each other? How's that even possible? considering their self-destructing nature.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In history, and thus as a pattern of human behavior, people often collaborate with eachother to benefit themselves, and then turn on eachother. WWII: Communism in the east and capitalism in the west united against the Axis powers, but Stalin was pretty comparably horrible for the things he did to russia under his (totalitarian) "guidance".

I think, when you say the Sith have a self-destructing nature, it's describing a trend, rather than describing who they are unilaterally. In other words, Sith tend to think what's best for them (the Sith) is to be selfish and find the best leader by killing eachother, which is how they are self-destructive. Given that that's their motivation, (their motivation can't obviously be to self destruct, haha) it's reasonable to assume that they would kick Revan out if they thought, say, he had lost the right to his title by turning back to the light and killing Malak after Malak had taken Revan's throne rightfully. Even that is arguable, and that's one way to explain the multiple factions. The two could split into more and more even as they had less collective guidance from an overall lord, because individual differences would start to come out more as they thought of themselves less and less as a group fighting the Republic. After all, they had all this power amassed, the Republic was already fallen, right? Then one group has control of the star forge, and won't give it up. The other's are jealous, maybe they go in on the ground but can't take it. Then one faction decides to take it out, and boom, there goes one of the factions (or most of it) along with the star forge. Maybe bastila dies that way? Maybe Revan escapes, or both of them escape, foreseeing what would happen and letting them go at it by themselves until sufficiently united for Bastila/Revan to come back?

Lightside: The Jedi, slaughtered by the events of the star forge, the sith, and mandalorian wars, Dantooine destroyed, (and all these collective events, if you think about it, would especially give a hard hit to those who were especially high up in the chain of command among the jedi, giving THEM little to no collective guidance, thus scattering the Jedi order, but not killing the jedi officially) are nearly gone, and not a sufficient force in the galaxy anymore to face outside threats. The Sith forces wouldn't logically all be around the star forge. I'm sure some portion of the fleet would be out weakening the Republic, limiting the Republic's maneurability in the general scheme. In other words, some sith would remain, but they would be scattered. Maybe squabbles similar to the darkside ending would keep them seperated from then on. All of these groups would be pecking at eachother and the republic, as they would be above. Maybe Bastila/Revan have troubles with the council, maybe Bastila exiles herself when Revan runs away, seeing as how dependent she was on him/her, and how fragile she is right after falling to the dark side. Perhaps Revan goes to the outer rim to find himself again, tracing his steps on the outskirts of the galaxy while stuff starts happening. Maybe he does so he can bring back the tactician he so desperately needs for the Republic, or maybe he just takes the scattered Sith clans as a joke.

In any case, they'll find a story (through a lot more work, obviously, than we can do just thinking about it in our own little heads without the resources), probably, that fits as many as possible without correcting anything that was said in the former game.

I'm having a slight problem with the Sith lords story, and that's how *supposibly* those Sith lords collaborate with each other? How's that even possible? considering their self-destructing nature.

Maybe they could simply do us a favor and scrap the whole characterization of the sith in the first place ?!? Star Wars doesn't always have to suck you know...

Maybe they could simply do us a favor and scrap the whole characterization of the sith in the first place ?!? Star Wars doesn't always have to suck you know...

Seconded. Enough with the 'Sith being so evil it borders on stupidity' idea; the Sith can be bad guys without backstabbing each other so often they become a joke.

Perhaps a Star Wars universe FAQ would be nice. If for no other reason, then just to get rid of the Sith misconceptions... B)

Sith are not self-destructive, they are just evolution personified. They have rules for who you are allowed to challenge, to kill, order of succession etc.

They are not even evil, they just use passion as their driving force (bad pun), their goal is improving the Sith, not the individual. Promoting strong and ruthless leaders is just a way to make the Sith as a whole stronger.

Somebody with the background material help me out here please ? :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You know, I hate this. I say one thing, someone repeats what *I* said, and everyone concurs.

*sigh*

I agree. But I don't remember any time them actually giving that characterization, but I'm not the star wars geek some are.

What I was saying is that people aren't very careful about how they perceive things. I think it's more the fault of the perceiver than the disseminator of information, because it really couldn't be made more clear without totally changing the meaning.

Seconded. Enough with the 'Sith being so evil it borders on stupidity' idea; the Sith can be bad guys without backstabbing each other so often they become a joke.

You gave me a nice mental image there :rolleyes:

*A big hall and round table in middle of it there are 7 Sith *lords* sitting and discussing on how to deal with the republic*

Sith #1:

- "I suggest that we eradicate the republic once and for all, especially now since the republic is severly weakened after the war against Malak."

Everone else:

- AYE!

Sith #2:

- "But how do we deal with ourselves? We know that only one of us can inherit title 'Dark Lord of the Sith', wouldn't this stress our allegiance?"

Everyone:

*Some muttering*

Sith #3:

- "I know, let's fight BOTH the republic and ourselves the same time, proving that the sole survivor is the true Dark Lord mmmm'kay?"

Everyone else:

- "Brilliant idea, i second that!"

Sith #4:

- "Well then, i here by declare this meeting adjured"

*Everyone leaves, thinking about their own little masterplan*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Sith are comepletely self destructive because they value taking any opportunity to betray and kill higher ranked Sith to take their place. Take Malak for example. Their in the middle of a battle and he orders his ship to fire on Revan's flagship. Revan didn't show any weakness, killing him didn't make the Sith stronger. What rules are there? I've never seen these rules in any SW book, game or movie. It'd be one thing if you had to challenge them one on one in fair duels but there seems to be no difference between that and posioning their drink or stabbing them in the back while their in the middle of a battle.

No matter how strong/careful/etc. you are anyone near you gets opportunities like this eventually. Think of when you stand in a train terminal and the train is coming. If someone pushes you right in front of the train, you didn't die because you're a weak and incompetent leader. Someone just got lucky. In the EU aren't all the Sith but Darth Bane wiped out in a major battle because of this betrayal and dissension? That's serious proof of their self destructive behavior right there. Not only that but masters hold things back from their students to keep them weak nd less likely to betray them thus weakening the Sith as a whole.

I see some people saying the Sith should be rewritten so they aren't so treacherous. Sorry but this is really stupid. This is supposed to be the Sith's greatest weakness. They don't have many you know. Unlike LS Jedi. And it comepletely goes against everything they are. The DS is based on passion and power. Look at their creed. By their very beliefs they cannot temper their passion or pass up opportunities to gain greater power. This is why the rule of two was implemented.

You know, I hate this. I say one thing, someone repeats what *I* said, and everyone concurs.

Yeah, you said it first, but he said it quicker. :rolleyes:

Perhaps a Star Wars universe FAQ would be nice. If for no other reason, then just to get rid of the Sith misconceptions... B)

Sith are not self-destructive, they are just evolution personified. They have rules for who you are allowed to challenge, to kill, order of succession etc.

They are not even evil, they just use passion as their driving force (bad pun), their goal is improving the Sith, not the individual. Promoting strong and ruthless leaders is just a way to make the Sith as a whole stronger.

Somebody with the background material help me out here please ? :rolleyes:

Yeah. They are basically nazis in space with force powers. Only thing missing is the racial ideology.

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

-John Rogers