What you having for dinner tonight?

Tale

In honor of the Dallas Cowboys first round pick, I'm making tacos!  :w00t:

Any excuse to eat tacos is a good excuse, amirite?  ;)

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Behold! The Taco Charlton Taco:

10FJAwn.jpg

I need to start a tradition where I have taco fixins always on hand when the Cowboys play and if Taco Charlton ever records a sack in a game (a full sack, none of that half sack crap) I make tacos for everyone at my place.

Legend tells of a time when a God walked among men.  A God named Taco Charlton. Taco Charlton was a righteous God, a just God.  For it is written that Taco Charlton would dispense his justice by sacking the reviled blasphemers that were opposing quarterbacks.  And the people rejoiced, for the sacks were good.  And after the just and joyous sacks the righteous believers that never strayed from the true path of cocaine and strippers that The Lord, Jerry Jones, had ordained, would feast on tacos.  And the people rejoiced, for the tacos were good.  And after the tacos the true believers would partake in the ceremonial lines of cocaine off strippers asses'.  And the people rejoiced, for the lines of cocaine off strippers' asses were good.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I had my lady friend from the strip club come over yesterday and we chilled, drank, smoked weed and just watched DSTV. Her name is Candice so that is how I will refer to her from now on :)

She wasn't working so we both agreed this weekend would be a good time to just get to know each after the last raucous party.We had a good time and both got to know each other much better

So I am looking forward to seeing her when she doesnt have to work :) I made a Cheese fondue for us, I made a different variety from the Fondue Neuchatel ...the recipe  below is how they made typically in Switzerland 

http://www.food.com/recipe/neuchatel-style-cheese-fondue-108101

So I made a Rose Fondue, different because of the red wine 

http://ifood.tv/cheese/255722-rose-fondue

It was nice but I prefer dry white wine as the main liquid base 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

My latest obsession is black garlic so for the past two weeks or I've been trying it on everything

Right now I'm eating it on some ramen

Oh my hat I love garlic, I fry it with everything...well most things

What is black garlic ? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's delicious

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJ3AAAAJDQwOTBjYjVkLTFjMGYt

Apparently it's made by aging the garlic in humidity and heat for at least two weeks. I found a bunch of videos showing how to make it a rice cooker but I'm not sure I could handle the smell or better yet handle my wife handling the smell.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

It's delicious

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJ3AAAAJDQwOTBjYjVkLTFjMGYt

Apparently it's made by aging the garlic in humidity and heat for at least two weeks. I found a bunch of videos showing how to make it a rice cooker but I'm not sure I could handle the smell or better yet handle my wife handling the smell.

Geez, that sounds great  :geek:

Im sure what I am about to tell you is old news but sometimes I love to roast garlic 

• Take 2 bulbs and separate the cloves with skin on   into  a tinfoil  packet. Put some olive oil and personal spices, experiment with what you like 
  • Put the oven on  350 degrees F, 180 celcius. Let the packet roast for 20 minutes or so
  • The bulbs should pop out and be crushed easily into  a paste 4
  • I then mix it directly into butter and I have delicious garlic butter but it can be used directly on steak or toast for a delectable toast and cheese for example 
  • Like 1

John Milton 

am personal taking a goodfellas approach to garlic

mince as fine or cut as thin as possible to get most kick outta our garlic.  

mellow garlic is nice, but am pretty sure pauly would have us wacked if he found out we were indulging.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Candice and her friend came over today for a barbeque, I really like her but its not sustainable due to her working hours. She works Mon-Thursday 2 pm-3 am, Saturday sometimes

Its strange but I cannot ever visit the club any women works if Im seeing her.....I am not sure why because its not like we dating and Im not judgemental or weird about what she does obviously. It happened the last time.,.....anyway its like I feel guilty but I dont mention any uncertainty and Candice just assumed I wouldn't want to do. Which is much better as I dont want to try to self-analyze my own inconsistency for fear of what I may find   :sweat:  later I find I can back after a month or so and everything is good 

So realistically I would see her one day as I assume we both have other things and  to do. I am not going to say anything now because she has asked for no commitment and .....yes I have to say its been great seeing two 25 year old women in hot pants drinking and dancing at the barbeque and as I mentioned last time they just want to have  a good day and not be pressured and she never asks any personal questions about me. 

I made some awesome potato bake and a bought salad and we are just having the meat ...very chilled but fun  :thumbsup:

John Milton 

Just picked up some live oysters from the Asian market and gonna throw them on the grill and catch the Spurs - Warriors on ESPN.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

steak and eggs and home fries.

rib eye steak, pan seared in a cast iron skillet with canola oil, then cooked in oven quick at high heat.  medium-rare.  let reabsorb juices for a few minutes.  

at same time, prepare home fries.  russet potato, bacon, yellow onion and jalapeno.  bacon first.  Thick bacon.  real bacon. dry cured bacon. borderline blackened for Gromnir, but is a preference thing. remove and crumble. reserve a bit o' bacon grease. cook onion in bacon grease and add jalapeno after onions has caramelized a fair bit. remove onions and jalapeno from pan.  add potato to the pan with bacon grease. am actual finding 2-3 minutes in the microwave for a single cubed potato works better than par boiling as as a first step in cooking the tater. we were cooking for self, so only used 1/2 potato. add a little garlic powder and paprika... or cayenne or whatever.  do not cook onions and peppers and potato together.  never gonna get nice and crispy potatoes cooking in the same pan as the onions and peppers. once the potatoes is golden brown and crispy, throw the onions and peppers and bacon back in the pan a minute or two before you are ready to serve.

in a separate pan, with reserved bacon grease, cook egg.  fried.  doesn't matter. 

add bleu cheese & shallot compound butter to steak.  we always got at least a couple o' varieties o' compound butter in the freezer.  is one o' the few things which freeze well.  good steak don't need butter, but figured wth.  other choice were anchovy-garlic compound butter.  

nothing particular fancy.  

am now feeling full.  past full.  not uncomfortable full, but nevertheless am aware we exceeded satisfied and achieved gluttony.

if we were gd, we would probable go out on the back porch, and shoot something small and furry... or feathered. as an alternative, we will perhaps read for a bit.  annoy the neighbors for an hour or so by allowing the dogs to bark at deer on the golf course. digest contented.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am highly recommending frying up potatoes in duck fat.  am current out o' duck fat, which is inexcusable but it happens far too frequent.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

with the unofficial arrival o' summer, am reminded how much the grilling season functional kills our culinary ambition.  summer in northern california is hot.  is our uneducated opinion that one o' the easiest jobs is a weatherman anywhere in the california valley(s) region(s) from may 'til october. sunny and hot.  for + 5 months is gonna be same-- sunny and hot.  when Gromnir arrives home and the temps at 6:30pm is still 'bove 100F, chances are we is gonna forgo any sort o' serious kitchen work. don't need to expend much effort. few places on earth produce as much quality fruits and vegetables as does our functional backyard, and takes only little more effort to acquire good meat.   cooking becomes reduced to the following:

add fire to some kinda meat which may or may not be marinated and/or brined.

clean some kinda fresh vegetable and perhaps add minimal heat and/or seasonings.

rinse/clean/slice some kinda fruit.

barbecued meat + steamed snow peas + a big serving of watermelon?  is tough to screw up dinner.  is tough to improve with culinary sleight o' hand.  sure, once a week am gonna do something different if only to prevent our limited kitchen skills from diminishing, but feels almost forced.

summer is here again. huzzah.

*sigh*

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

We made pizza

And young grasshopper what ingredients ...details remember, I like to know exactly what people used :)

I also wanted to ask you another question which  you dont have to answer, I know you are between jobs and that really can be vexing on the finances, How are you surviving, I assume your wife is helping out?

I don't think I could survive 2 months if I wasn't working, all my debts would empty my meager savings 

John Milton 

Nothing fancy. I topped mine with pepperoni and mushroom while my wife made hers with mushrooms and red onion.... and then ate all my pepperoni

Money isn't really an issue. I have no real debt and still have a decent income even without working

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

This isn't dinner, it's a snack. But it's so remarkable that I have to talk about it.

I like Pocky, because what self disrespecting weaboo doesn't. And so I saw these Pocky Matcha Green Tea Cream flavor ones. I thought I'd give them a try. And what's so remarkable about them is they just might be the worst thing I've ever eaten in my entire life. Truly horrid. Who the heck likes these things? I want to know so I may shun them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 2 weeks later...

http://honestcooking.com/south-african-street-food-boerewors-rolls/

Im making gourmet Boerewors rolls today, I put on the standard roll

• Avo mash
  • Blue cheese
  • Fried onions cooked Balsamic vinegar

They going to be delicious   :dancing:  

John Milton 

Went to dinner at the Cherry Hills Sushi Company for my cousin's birthday. I had real, fresh wasabi for the first time ever and the taste difference was amazing.

I love sushi, I love those sushi conveyor belt restaurants where you can sit  and  munch on different sushi designs as they go past you on that moving "table " at the bar 

John Milton 

Well I'm turning the leftover roast lamb from yesterday into a lamb balti for tonight...  Unfortunately, no peshwari naan bread, but I'll make do with some lime and coriander rice.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For lunch I had grocery store sushi. Smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado, and just a little soy sauce.

And for some reason it was the best sushi I'd ever had.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."