Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

Gamergate helps to achieve historic win for internet ethics.

It's official. You guys suck at harassing women.

Thanks. :) We needed a win.

Just kinda bothers me cause, as I've said before, I think any debate, conflict or issue between two sides works better when the sides don't treat each other like the devil and are capable of admitting to good points from the opposition.

Hell, even the Nazis are responsible for technological achievements. I guess GamerGate can't even be rated higher than them?

Lol at the implication that Gamasutra is responsible for blowing the whistle on Gawker media's racketeering because they nagged about YouTube videos.

The fact that gaming press opposed so vehemently such a common sense thing as stating who "paid" for their article just goes to show GamerGate was right all along.

The big developers and the press should be grateful. The systematic abuse of review scores would eventually lead to both undermining the press itself and the industry crashing when a string of poor quality but well advertised big budget titles simultaneously bombs. That theory isn't mine but Steven Spielberg's and George Lucas's regarding Hollywood focus on blockbusters. No reason not to apply it to games as well.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The difference is that Gamasutra wrote about youtube presenters (thier competition), and the complaints from GG were about it Gawker's shady marketing practices in their articles. But if the Gamasutra wants to pat themselves on the back, let them.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I find it hilarious how much of IGDA Founder Ernest W. Adams' anti-GamerGate posts comparing them to the NSDAP, promoting blacklisting and warning devs not to support GamerGate because it could harm their career are being passed around to give them renewed strength and vigor through outrage. I've met the man and his tophat in person and I know he's not a complete idiot, so he has to be aware that he's doing this. It's almost unthinkable that he's not a plant that supports GamerGate. Either way, I've used some of his statements to convince anti-GG people to change their side already. :lol: He is literally the biggest help GamerGate has had since Sam Biddle.

You're forgetting Tait

We need to broadcast that guy and signal boost him to he max.

Dude, almost every day the pro-corruption side gives us ammunition. Whether it's a blocklist that includes KFC and other unrelated entities or them actually doxxing people, or just saying something monumentally stupid, they consistently make themselves look like knucklehead fascists.

And LOL at Gamusutra trying to take credit. Ghazi are a bunch of trolls and mentally unstable white nights, best to take their statements with a mountain of salt.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The difference is that this guy is actually a somebody in the field of Game Development. Tait elicited mostly responses of "is this guy sick? he seems he needs help" but when Adams does it, it actually means something and the outrage is all the stronger.

Also, I'll just leave this here, from TechRaptor:

Twitter-statistics.jpg

Who are the harassers?

EDIT: Also, neat TechRaptor Article on harassment and how #GamerGate can affect the civil liberties of us al: http://techraptor.net/content/gamergate-can-affect-civil-liberties-us-expert-view-online-harassment.

EDIT EDIT: Also, Xbro Interview from NicheGamer that I missed while I was moving, I'm sure you guys posted it but I find several excerpts prominent:

A couple of colleagues and I have started a ‘mailing list’, so to say, between several developers across the AAA scene. We’ve so far discussed the gamergate issue and released a joint-statement a few weeks ago from our behalf; a screencap can be found here.

Everything said there still stands, and since then other devs from prominent companies such as EA, S2 Games and Blizzard have joined us. Most have remained anonymous on the public side, but some of them have released their statements in support of #gamergate on public platforms (I would like to keep their specific identities undisclosed for the time being as to not encourage targeted harassment against them).

...the witch-hunt for pro-gg devs is quite aggressive. This is the main reason why I’ve remained anonymous, as well as many other devs out there. In time, we hope, it will be possible for us to come out publicly with our opinions on GamerGate.

There have been people contacting various HR/PR outlets belonging to MS/Xbox in order to ‘man-hunt’ me...

Who was it that said most game devs are against GG?
Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 3

The difference is that this guy is actually a somebody in the field of Game Development. Tait elicited mostly responses of "is this guy sick? he seems he needs help" but when Adams does it, it actually means something and the outrage is all the stronger.

Twitter-statistics.jpg

Who are the harassers?

EDIT: Also, neat TechRaptor Article on harassment and how #GamerGate can affect the civil liberties of us al: http://techraptor.net/content/gamergate-can-affect-civil-liberties-us-expert-view-online-harassment.

EDIT EDIT: Also, Xbro Interview from NicheGamer that I missed while I was moving, I'm sure you guys posted it but I find several excerpts prominent:

A couple of colleagues and I have started a ‘mailing list’, so to say, between several developers across the AAA scene. We’ve so far discussed the gamergate issue and released a joint-statement a few weeks ago from our behalf; a screencap can be found here.

Everything said there still stands, and since then other devs from prominent companies such as EA, S2 Games and Blizzard have joined us. Most have remained anonymous on the public side, but some of them have released their statements in support of #gamergate on public platforms (I would like to keep their specific identities undisclosed for the time being as to not encourage targeted harassment against them).

...the witch-hunt for pro-gg devs is quite aggressive. This is the main reason why I’ve remained anonymous, as well as many other devs out there. In time, we hope, it will be possible for us to come out publicly with our opinions on GamerGate.

There have been people contacting various HR/PR outlets belonging to MS/Xbox in order to ‘man-hunt’ me...

What these anti-GG has accomplished has been pissing of almost everyone except themselves and general alienation. I can't wait until they manage to get into a situation in direct conflict of the 1st amendment in the US, because I really like to see them try to bully the US government.

Then, perhaps, the ride will end. Brutally and swiftfully.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They already denouncing every law and amendment that doesn't suit them.

I had anti's argue for "guility until proven innocent!" and "If a woman sez rape, string the man up immediately!".

The rest of the anti-brigade either ignored or agreed.

I have no doubt that if some of them knew they could get away with murder, they would start killing us.

• Like 1

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Gamergate helps to achieve historic win for internet ethics.

It's official. You guys suck at harassing women.

Thanks. :) We needed a win.

Just kinda bothers me cause, as I've said before, I think any debate, conflict or issue between two sides works better when the sides don't treat each other like the devil and are capable of admitting to good points from the opposition.

Hell, even the Nazis are responsible for technological achievements. I guess GamerGate can't even be rated higher than them?

Lol at the implication that Gamasutra is responsible for blowing the whistle on Gawker media's racketeering because they nagged about YouTube videos.

I don't much care who gets the pat on the back for this, I'm just happy at it getting done.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Twitter-statistics.jpg

Who are the harassers?

Read more at http://www.nichegamer.net/2014/11/xbro-interview-gamergate-numero-dos/#EWuEqVlQsVjgtDRz.99

What these anti-GG has accomplished has been pissing of almost everyone except themselves and general alienation. I can't wait until they manage to get into a situation in direct conflict of the 1st amendment in the US, because I really like to see them try to bully the US government.

Then, perhaps, the ride will end. Brutally and swiftfully.

Last night one of the links to Chu's twitter included a tweet from someone bemoaning the "cult-like devotion to free speech". Take that as a good indication of their mentality.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Raspberry Pi uses the block list too.I'm really disappointed. The whole "guilt by association" concept is stupid. It is borderline retarded.

But clearly KFC is one of the worst offenders of harassment ever, just look at how they parade around breasts and thighs.

• Like 3

• Like 3

Hoho, that i did. That i did.

I want Jenn Frank to debate RogueStar on game design. That would be soooooo delicious. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Hoho, that i did. That i did.

I want Jenn Frank to debate RogueStar on game design. That would be soooooo delicious.

He will probably end up oppressing her with 3d imagery.

• Like 2

But, but we were told that the industry hates us :(

• Like 2

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

• Like 1

I need to know. How is this developer 'scary stuff'?

I also love how the SJWs/feminists are bashing a woman because she dares disagree with their narrative.

But, hey, GG is about sexist racist rapist white male scumbags. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Why is the Untimely Gamer calling herself/himself a gamer? I thought the anti-GG side thought gamers were dead; they clearly established that anyone referring to themselves as a gamer is a white, male, misogynist. Seeing as the Untimely Gamer is anti-GG; doesn't that imply that by using the term "gamer" one is effectively admitting to being a white, male, misogynist?

Not to mention that anti-GG has clearly established that boycotting a product is harassment; so isn't the Untimely Gamer harassing female game developers?

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I do not like being right about these post-modernistic SJWs :(

When there is no truth, reason, empiricism or beauty, there is only power. It is the only thing that matters, and it is achieved through force, bullying and malice. The only way to rob them of their imaginary power is to **** them over by simple mockery. It shows that they have zero influence or power over you as an individual or as a group.

Example:

B3Vr--dIIAEu8hU.jpg

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

BTW who invented the term cis and why the hell was it neccesary??

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?