What you did today

Rosbjerg

I've been utterly uninterested in food for a while. Well, a bit of jerky, but even that I haven't eaten in my usual record time (still lots of it left after a week). I walk around the grocery store, looking at fresh food and convenience foods, etc and all I think is "meh" and buy nothing. I largely live on yogurt and fruit and the occasional cheap sandwich meat sandwich.

I've lost 8 pounds. This is not intentional and I don't really care, since it's not like I need to lose serious weight (I always tend to have that 12-15lb yo-yo surplus since my 30's). But it does show how few calories I'm eating. :p

....left turn sidenote: Woldan's dirty gym carpet kinda scares me. wink.png

Hey, its part of my workroom, it is supposed to be dirty! Only a lazy craftsmans workroom is clean.  tongue.png

I was thinking more along the lines that it looks like something one might've bought at a CSI:garage sale. Maybe it's the lighting, but there's the one giant, faint-reddish stain.... happy0203.gif
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been utterly uninterested in food for a while. Well, a bit of jerky, but even that I haven't eaten in my usual record time (still lots of it left after a week). I walk around the grocery store, looking at fresh food and convenience foods, etc and all I think is "meh" and buy nothing. I largely live on yogurt and fruit and the occasional cheap sandwich meat sandwich.

I've lost 8 pounds. This is not intentional and I don't really care, since it's not like I need to lose serious weight (I always tend to have that 12-15lb yo-yo surplus since my 30's). But it does show how few calories I'm eating. :p

....left turn sidenote: Woldan's dirty gym carpet kinda scares me. wink.png

Hey, its part of my workroom, it is supposed to be dirty! Only a lazy craftsmans workroom is clean.  tongue.png

I was thinking more along the lines that it looks like something one might've bought at a CSI:garage sale. Maybe it's the lighting, but there's the one giant, faint-reddish stain.... happy0203.gif

the discoloration, likely from sweat or water or whatever, were visible and... foul.  is another good reason to get a gym membership as there is people who clean up after Gromnir leaves a trail o' sweat that lady crimson's csi folks could no doubt use to track each piece o' equipment or weight Gromnir utilized on recent visits to the gym. we tend to sweat a great deal, and toweling equipment off is always striking us as insufficient... and we can't imagine how revolting such work areas would be if they were carpeted rather than the typical concrete covered with rubberized pads we sees in most gyms work areas.

we also were thinking that the thin carpet we saw in the picture were likely insufficient to protect the faux brick tile woldan had, but that is a different issue altogether.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Wrong, the reason for the discoloration of the carpet is there was furniture standing on there for over a decade, the carpet around it changed color from the sunlight, which can be clearly seen by the two perfectly round reddish circles. (I don't sweat crop circles into my carpet)

And if you knew anything about weightlifting you'd know that cardio is what makes you sweat an enormous amount, I cannot remember the last time I sweat a noticeable amount when lifting weights. Unless of course you're fat and old, you will drip like a raincloud after every move.

I only open the flood gates when riding my bicycle and my sweat is 100% degradable by mother nature, thankfully.

we also were thinking that the thin carpet we saw in the picture were likely insufficient to protect the faux brick tile woldan had, but that is a different issue altogether.

After many years of lifting there I never had problem with the carpet + floor combination, as usual the problems only exist in your head. Also if you knew anything about lifting you'd know thats its a really bad beginners habit to drop weights, a professional could lift heavy on the fragile tiled belly of the Space Shuttle without scratching the surface. If you throw the weights around that tiles crack you're doing something very wrong.

Thanks for your concern though.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Just found out I was not banned.  Just a warning.   Thought it was a temp ban.  Not gonna stop me from telling the TRUTH.

Well, I certainly would have banned you for that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wrong, the reason for the discoloration of the carpet is there was furniture standing on there for over a decade, the carpet around it changed color from the sunlight, which can be clearly seen by the two perfectly round reddish circles. (I don't sweat crop circles into my carpet)

And if you knew anything about weightlifting you'd know that cardio is what makes you sweat an enormous amount, I cannot remember the last time I sweat a noticeable amount when lifting weights. Unless of course you're fat and old, you will drip like a raincloud after every move.

I only open the flood gates when riding my bicycle and my sweat is 100% degradable by mother nature, thankfully.

After many years of lifting there I never had problem with the carpet + floor combination, as usual the problems only exist in your head. Also if you knew anything about lifting you'd know thats its a really bad beginners habit to drop weights, a professional could lift heavy on the fragile tiled belly of the Space Shuttle without scratching the surface. If you throw the weights around that tiles crack you're doing something very wrong.

Thanks for your concern though.

telling us about sweating during weight training? is rich. you is a pup compared to Gromnir, and as we noted, we played d-1 football. we has been working out longer than you have been alive, and we will note that we sweat a great deal during weight training, and not necessarily just during super-sets training.  if you don't noticeably sweat during weight training, we suggest going to the doctor... seems like you need do that frequent regardless. 

*chuckle*

is funny... woldan is funny.

as for dropping weights... is more funny. am not speaking of bouncing weights off the ground. a 45lb plate is heavy. no matter how careful you is, you is eventually gonna drop a plate, maybe only a 25lb plate. Olympic bar or curl bar drops? is gonna happen. f=ma is not your friend. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps any gym we has been to in the last +20 years requires us to bring a towel with us to wipe off equipment... and not just cardio equipment.  we even need(ed) a towel at Super Training Gym in sacramento, which is kinda famous 'mongst the serious weight training crowd. (edit: haven't actual been to ST for two years... which is likely a good thing.)

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I got it and I'm 26. Anyone who doesn't get it is probably lacking a few cornerstones of musical education.

I only know it because I watched Walk the Line. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Today I'm  flying down  to the coast to spend Xmas  with my family who live there 

I'm excited, we always have Xmas lunch at our beach cottage with our cousins who own the beach cottage next to ours. Plus there is the added advantage of the whole beach holiday experience so we can go hiking and snorkeling  :dancing:

I still have some Xmas shopping to do but I'll do that tomorrow, the malls will be extremely busy  but I'll get there early at 8 am so it should be fine 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

telling us about sweating during weight training? is rich. you is a pup compared to Gromnir, and as we noted, we played d-1 football.

A pup? Most people eventually grow old, so do many trees, thinking thats a feat and bragging with it like you constantly do is really sad. Having nothing better to do than nitpicking on someones carpet in the Internet is worse though. *chuckles*

we has been working out longer than you have been alive, and we will note that we sweat a great deal during weight training, and not necessarily just during super-sets training.  if you don't noticeably sweat during weight training, we suggest going to the doctor... seems like you need do that frequent regardless.

Well, then maybe you should work on your endurance, heavy sweating from weight lifting which burns relatively few calories compared to hours of endurance training is sadly oh so common amongst those lifters who don't do their cardio. In summer I do 3x 100 kilometers per week on my bicycle, in mountainous terrain without breaks. If you get used to that 1.5 hours of lifting doesn't make you sweat much anymore. 

is funny... woldan is funny.

I wish I could say the same to you, but your comments only make me raise my eyebrows.

as for dropping weights... is more funny. am not speaking of bouncing weights off the ground. a 45lb plate is heavy. no matter how careful you is, you is eventually gonna drop a plate, maybe only a 25lb plate. Olympic bar or curl bar drops? is gonna happen. f=ma is not your friend.

Strange, I've never cracked a tile in my life while moving a weight plate and never dropped one during lifting as my grip is reliable. If I had I would have simply relocated my exercise place or used more wooden plates to support the weights. Maybe you should not reflect your own clumsiness or bad grip strength onto other people? Or maybe you sweat so much that your grip suffers? *chuckles*

Also I think this discussion is as boring to all these people here as it is to me, so if you want to share more of your...invaluable wisdom with me I suggest shooting me a PM for the sake of keeping this thread on topic. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

"A pup? Most people eventually grow old, so do many trees, thinking thats a feat and bragging with it like you constantly do is really sad. Having nothing better to do than nitpicking on someones carpet in the Internet is worse though."

sorry, but your utter and clear oblivious hypocrisy is astounding. thanks though. and if you is thinking that we is bragging about being old, you is wackier than you seems... which is wacky indeed.

*shrug*

as you say, pm sounds like a better venue for discussing what we thought were the obvious merits o' avoiding tile and carpet for weight training.

HA! Good Fun!