Pro Hoops 2K14-2K15

Leferd

I'll say one thing about Lebron, I may have not enjoyed his time in Miami, as much as I should have, but I respect the fact that he is so far and ahead of everyone in terms of having a basketball mind and HIGH IQ. I now understand, or at least I think I do, why he left Miami for Cleveland.

I would say this Cleveland team is better than all the Miami teams. They may not have a better bench but they have two things Miami never had - a reliable big in the paint, and a point guard. Wade struggled to stay healthy and Bosh became so finesse, he hardly gave them much. Lebron literally did everything in Miami - Best defender, best rebounder, best scorer, best distributor... etc. He doesn't want to be the best rebounder. He wants someone else banging on the boards (Tristan Thompson, Kevin Love, Mozgov) while he basically runs up and down the court like his second year in Miami. Remember how dominate that team was in transition?

Oh one more thing - remember that letter he wrote. Yeah, he didn't want to play with Wiggins. Why? He's not going to be an elite rebounder in this league. But do you know who is? Kevin Love, Thompson. They have three guys that just bangs the glass... I think Thompson had like 5 off boards by himself. And Lebron doesn't have to be the best scorer - you have Love, Irving, and Smith that can give you 20+ a night if you wanted them to.

Just take a look at his rebounding numbers this year. Averaged around 6.0. Now compare that to last year... 6.9. That will be lower next year. He doesn't want to be anywhere near the glass.

• Like 1

Interesting theory and the numbers seem to back it up. 

Lebron's rebounding percentage has definitely taken a bit of a nose dive this year (from 13.1% in 12-13 to 11.5% last year, to 9.5% this year)...but can also be attributed that he's playing as more of a traditional 3, rather than the 4 position as he was in Miami. He'll be more effective operating out of the high post rather than the perimeter, just like his last couple years with the Heat.

I actually see Lebron moving back to the 4 spot next season after Love bails for the Lakers or Celtics, and I think that's the "position" he's going to play for the rest of his career. Because you know...the Larry Bird trajectory.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I've had little joy from the Grizz the last few weeks of the season but one more win and they are on to face Leferd's boys. The we'll see what's what.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Heh. Didn't realize they were just my team. Hurlie's been a pretty vocal supporter too!

Man, I was really impressed with Anthony Davis. I knew he was a beast, but having watched him over this series, the dude is a smooth operator. I alluded to this earlier, but he is the anti-Blake Griffin. Excellent footwork and a feel for the game. Everything looks so natural and fluid.

Once he gets some additional seasoning, his game is going to really explode. When he learns not to bite so hard on pump fakes and learn optimal positioning, he'll be an absolute terror on defense. On talent alone, he could surpass Duncan and Garnett as the best power forward of this century.

I don't see Portland coming back down 0-3 against the Grizz. Out West, my concern for the Warriors matchup wise is facing San Antonio and Memphis.

But it'll be an interesting paradox for Memphis. They'll try to dictate the pace and slow down the game and try to brutalize the Warriors with physicality. The problem is, the Warriors are 43-0 when their opponents score less than 100 points this year.They'll be screwed if they play at Golden State's preferred pace, yet they'll go against the tide if they are successful in completely shutting down the running game. 

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Round 2

Warriors vs Grizzlies. Golden State in 5. Vegas put the line for the Warriors at -1160(!!) to win the series. Yikes.

Rockets vs Clippers. LA in 6.

Hawks vs Bullets. Atlanta in 6.

Cavaliers vs Bulls. Cleveland in 7.

Clippers vs Spurs was a classic first round series. Good entertaining basketball. Clutch plays from both sides and the requisite whining and flopping from Doc, Griffin, and CP3 --solidifying their place as the least likable team in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Warriors vs Grizzlies. Golden State in 5.

Rockets vs Clippers. Houston in 7.

Hawks vs Bullets. Atlanta in 7.

Cavaliers vs Bulls. Cleveland in 5.

"Clutch plays from both sides and the requisite whining and flopping from Doc, Griffin, and CP3 --solidifying their place as the least likable team in the playoffs."

Oh, please. SA does this all the time.  In fact, every team does. LA is not special in this regard.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Clippers vs Spurs was a classic first round series. Good entertaining basketball. Clutch plays from both sides and the requisite whining and flopping from Doc, Griffin, and CP3 --solidifying their place as the least likable team in the playoffs.

Clipper versus Spurs game 7 was one of the best playoff games I've seen.  Game tied with 9 secs to go in a game 7 with 40 something lead changes and ties?  What an awesome game. 

It will be interesting to see if the Cavs can beat the Bulls without Love.  Yeah yeah Volo they still have LeBron but he can't win without some help and his supporting cast just got a lot weaker. 

Almsot every time a Lebron led team faces the Bulls, a lot of 'experts' claim that Lebron aside that the Bulls are a better team and will win... then they proceed to lose. Chicago needs to prove themselves. The fact you think the Bulls are the favorites and will win is laughable.  There is only one team that should be favorites against the Cavs. Only one.

Almsot every time a Lebron led team faces the Bulls, a lot of 'experts' claim that Lebron aside that the Bulls are a better team and will win... then they proceed to lose. Chicago needs to prove themselves. The fact you think the Bulls are the favorites and will win is laughable.  There is only one team that should be favorites against the Cavs. Only one.

You mean the grand total of 3 times they've met?  Twice when Lebron played for Miami and once when Lebron was in Cleveland.   The Heat / Cavaliers were always  the consensus favorite in those series.  Not once were the Bulls favored. 

"Lebron aside"?  Seriously?  That's akin to saying Cleveland is a better team than GS without Seth Curry except Seth Curry is still healthy,  Do I really need to point out what an absurdly silly comparison that is?     

Remember that I predicted that the Eastern conference finals would be Cleveland vs Atlanta.   Wondering whether Cleveland can still beat Chicago without Kevin Love (out for the playoffs ) OR without JR Smirth (Suspended for a flagrant for the frist two games) is hardly the same as saying that Chicago is now the favorite.   So just to soothe your raging butthurt, I think Cleveland is still the favorite - but their margin for error got a LOT smaller.  

Edit:  Fwiw, the talking head "experts" still favor the Cavs in a 7 game series (if you exclude the predictions made before Kevin Love was lost for the playoffs) by about a 2-1 margin.      And Vegas still has the Cavs as favorites. 

Edited by kgambit

They may be the 'defacto favoriotes' but reading between the lines its clear that people think Chicago will win. Youa re one of those. You are just hedging your 'bet' so either way you 'win'. If CHI wins you can say," See, I was right.I know CHI had the edge." If CLE wins you can *shrug* and claim"Meh. They were the favorites all along." L0L Talk about cowardice. Pick a damn side and stop trying to have feet on each side of the line. :)

They may be the 'defacto favoriotes' but reading between the lines its clear that people think Chicago will win. Youa re one of those. You are just hedging your 'bet' so either way you 'win'. If CHI wins you can say," See, I was right.I know CHI had the edge." If CLE wins you can *shrug* and claim"Meh. They were the favorites all along." L0L Talk about cowardice. Pick a damn side and stop trying to have feet on each side of the line. :)

I'm sure some people do think Chicago is now the favorite.  I've said twice now that I've picked Cleveland to be in the finals - both before and after Love's injury. This makes it three times.  The Cadavers job is tougher without Love.   FACT.  

Taking a cue from Shady, whether I think  Cleveland will win is a totally different question than if I want  them to win.   

Cool. The one true MVP this season was correctly awarded the MVP. And his name ain't James.

• Like 2

Huh.

Memphis took one at Oracle. Gotta give some dap to Mike Conley and Tony Allen. They balled tonight.

Lols. His headband mojo is approaching Cliff Robinson levels.

• Like 2

Eh. This game proves why Cavs will not win  against a top team. Lebron has to take 30 shots for them to have a shot. L0L That's not his natural way of playing but he has to carry this crap team to victory. Didn't work against SA. It won't work against GS.

I'm going to say again that Blake Griffin is future MVP, and probably already the best point forward in the league.

Yeah yeah, Anthony Davis. Monster of a power forward. But I don't see Davis dishing out 13 assists in a game ;)