Pro Hoops 2K14-2K15

Leferd

I think he's like top 15 or so in effective FG % and true shooting % but don't quote me on that

Bah, I ended up googling it and according to http://www.basketball-reference.com/

PER
1. Michael Jordan 27.91
2. LeBron James 27.66
3. Shaquille O'Neal 26.43
eFG%
1. Artis Gilmore .5990
2. Tyson Chandler .5913
3. Shaquille O'Neal .5823
FG%
1. Artis Gilmore .5990
2. Tyson Chandler .5912

3. Shaquille O'Neal .5823

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGpY9HCBYlY

EDIT: Clearly Shaq is the greatest player of all time

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

His 3 point shooting percentage is in the top 3, and considering he throws up more of those than anyone in league history, that's the more telling stat.

But honestly, he's the best shooter in the game right now, but he needs to do it for another 5-10 years to reach hall of fame numbers.   He actually only needs 6 years at his current pace to eclipse Ray Allen, and he's shooting at a 44% clip compared to Allen's 40% one.  

This is all cool stuff, but it isn't why he is MVP.  He's MVP because he's learned to be a top assist man and play solid defense along with his great scoring.  He has gotten better every year he has been in the league, and now he is a dominant force on the best team.     

Also if you want to talk about bias, James Harden has a much better argument on being overlooked.  He's put up a huge season in a tough conference, and his team is not that strong.

Edited by Hurlshot

His 3 point shooting percentage is in the top 3, and considering he throws up more of those than anyone in league history, that's the more telling stat.

But honestly, he's the best shooter in the game right now, but he needs to do it for another 5-10 years to reach hall of fame numbers.   He actually only needs 6 years at his current pace to eclipse Ray Allen, and he's shooting at a 44% clip compared to Allen's 40% one.  

This is all cool stuff, but it isn't why he is MVP.  He's MVP because he's learned to be a top assist man and play solid defense along with his great scoring.  He has gotten better every year he has been in the league, and now he is a dominant force on the best team.     

Also if you want to talk about bias, James Harden has a much better argument on being overlooked.  He's put up a huge season in a tough conference, and his team is not that strong.

By your own evidence, that doesn't correlate to "greatest shooter in history".  He's not the best 3-pt shooter in history and certainly not the best overall shooter in history.  There are several guards (all of them in the Hall of Fame iirc) who shot much better than Curry.  And depending on the metric you want to choose he's might not even be the best shooter at guard right now.  

Curry had a phenomenal year but the hyperbole is a bit thick.  :biggrin:

BTW, I agree about Harden.  What's interesting is that GS is 8-1 when Curry is held under 15 points, while Houston is 3-5 (iirc) when Harden is held under 15 points.  So which team relies on their star more?   GS has Klay and the likely DPOY and Houston had squat. 

Meh, if Curry wins good for him but MVPs are simply a trophy to throw in the case.  Rings are what matter.  :biggrin:

Tough break for Atlanta losing Sefolosha - tough perimeter defender. 

Edited by kgambit

GS is gonna have COTY (unless ATL guy gets it), DPOY (maybe), and MVP. I call BULL****. If your coach and defensive teammate are that good you are no MVP.\

\

Lebron is MVP. PERIOD.

But,  you can't have one player hogging the awards. That's just not fair. :( Got to let the also rans have their turn. ME TOO MA I WON MVP! EVEN IF I AM NOT THE MVP FOR REAL CAUSE LEBRON IS THE BESTEST!

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I said he was an unreal shooter, not the greatest in history (me and Leferd aren't the same person, although Leferd is mostly using hyperbole to counter Volo's silliness :p).  

But strictly in terms of 3 pointers, he is well on his way to being the best all time.  His 44% is tied for 2nd all-time, but all the guys around him made considerably less 3's.  He has made over 1100, Steve Kerr and the other guy near him are both around 700.  So if he continues, heck even if he drops a couple percentage points, he's going to have way more than Ray Allen at one of the best percentages in league history.    

I agree with you on the championship thing though.  The Warriors need to win it all.  Anything else will be a let down.  

We should have a bet with Volo if the Cavs and the Warriors go head to head.   :biggrin:

• Like 1

........   Leferd is mostly using hyperbole to counter Volo's silliness :p).  

well that's an entirely different situation .....    :biggrin:    

It's likely Cleveland vs Atlanta in the Eastern Finals

The West is too tough to call but for the hell of it - GS versus the Spurs (The Clippers have NO bench)

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

My Ballot.

MVP: Stephen Curry

ROY: Ender Wiggin

DPOY: Kawhi Leonard

COY: Steve Kerr. But it's going to be Coach Bud. 

MIP: Jimmy Butler

6Man: Lou Williams

All NBA First Team: Curry, Beard, Bron, Brow, M. Gasol

Second Team: CP3, Westbrook, Kawhi, Griffin, Boogie

Third Team: Wall, Kyrie, Aldridge, Pau G., DeAndre 

Defense First Team: Tony Allen, Danny Green, Kawhi, Draymond, Bogut

Second Team: P. Beverley, Wall, Iguodala, Ibaka, R. Gobert

I'm deliberately omitting DeAndre Jordan, Brow, and Marc Gasol because despite their gaudy shotblocking numbers and reputations, they allow 48%-49% Field Goal percentage at the rim. Pretty mundane for "elite" rim protectors. Ibaka, Gobert, and Bogut are at 40%-41%. #DeepStats

All Rookie First Team: Ender, Mirotic, E. Payton....zzzzzzzz

Just kidding about Kawhi for DPOY. It's really Draymond Green. Because I'm a homer.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

As much as I love LeBron, it would be insane not to give the MVP to Curry.

Or Russel Westbrook... what a monster of a man.

Future MVP: Blake Griffin. Not just a highlight reel anymore. Can shoot 3's, can pass, has become masterfull at the pick and roll and I'll bet he can play Point Forward in the future. And he can still dunk like a monster.

Edited by Psychevore

Playoffs start tomorrow. My picks.

The West

Warriors(1) vs. Pelicans(8] - Golden State in 5

Rockets (2) vs. Mavericks (7) - Dallas in 6

Clippers (3) vs. Spurs (6) - San Antonio in 7

Trail Blazers (4) vs. Grizzlies (5) - Memphis in 7

The East

Hawks(1) vs. Nets(8]- Atlanta in 4

Cavaliers(2) vs. Celtics(7) - Cleveland in 5

Bulls(3) vs. Bucks(6) - Chicago in 7

Raptors(4) vs. Wiz Bullets(5) - Toronto in 6

WC Semis

Warriors over Memphis in 5

Spurs over Mavericks in 5

EC Semis

Hawks over Raptors in 5

Cavs over Bulls in 5

WC Finals

Warriors over Spurs in 7

EC Finals

Cavs over Hawks in 7

NBA Finals

Warriors over Cavs in 5

Golden State is a historical juggernaut. They are by far the best defensive team - league best in Defensive Efficiency and FG% Defense, while also being tops in PPG, Pace, and FG%. Their point differential is 10.1.  They average 27.4 assists per game, the most by any team since the SHOWTIME! Lakers. They have the league's best road record, and oh yeah...they were also 39-2 at home. Also, STEPHEN CURRY IS THE GREATEST SHOOTER IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL AND IS RIGHT NOW THE MOST SKILLED PLAYER WITH A BASKETBALL IN HIS HANDS for both purpose and showmanship.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Warriors(1) vs. Pelicans(8] - Golden State in 4

Rockets (2) vs. Mavericks (7) - Houston in 7

Clippers (3) vs. Spurs (6) - Los Angeles in 7

Trail Blazers (4) vs. Grizzlies (5) - Portland in 7

The East

Hawks(1) vs. Nets(8]- Atlanta in 5

Cavaliers(2) vs. Celtics(7) - Cleveland in 4

Bulls(3) vs. Bucks(6) - Chicago in 5

Raptors(4) vs. Wiz Bullets(5) - Toronto in 7

Much to my own amazement, I saw the first in depth analysis of the NBA playoffs on a local sports website.

It makes sense we don't spend much time on this stuff, we have zero NBA players. The last one we had was Fransisco Elson... who did win a ring. In all NBA history, there have been a grand total of 5 NBA players from the Netherlands. All centers, which makes sense I suppose, since we're tallest people on earth.

• Like 1

Much to my own amazement, I saw the first in depth analysis of the NBA playoffs on a local sports website.It makes sense we don't spend much time on this stuff, we have zero NBA players. The last one we had was Fransisco Elson... who did win a ring. In all NBA history, there have been a grand total of 5 NBA players from the Netherlands. All centers, which makes sense I suppose, since we're tallest people on earth.

The only other Dutchmen I can recall offhand for sure are Rik Smits and Dan Gadzuric. I want to also name Christian Welp, but he might be German...not sure.

Much to my own amazement, I saw the first in depth analysis of the NBA playoffs on a local sports website.It makes sense we don't spend much time on this stuff, we have zero NBA players. The last one we had was Fransisco Elson... who did win a ring. In all NBA history, there have been a grand total of 5 NBA players from the Netherlands. All centers, which makes sense I suppose, since we're tallest people on earth.

The only other Dutchmen I can recall offhand for sure are Rik Smits and Dan Gadzuric. I want to also name Christian Welp, but he might be German...not sure.

Yes, he's German.

Francisco Elson

Dan Gadzuric

Geert Hammink (only 3 seasons, mid 90s)

Sven Nater (really old, from the 70s-80s)

Rik Smits

Is the full list.

Edited by Psychevore
  • Like 1

It seems Blake Griffin (future MVP, I'm telling ya'll) destroyed the Spurs...

Ugh. Horrible. My favourite team and favourite player (Tim Duncan, Mr. Fundamentals) losing to my second favourite player.

It's like watching Ajax vs Real Madrid and not knowing when to cheer or cry :p

Blake Griffin is to flopping as Arjen Robben is to diving.

Exactly, both are world class players that constantly take the heat for one minor negative aspect of their game. That they are superior in almost every other aspect of their game on their respective positions doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Some people just love to hate I suppose. Just like people keep looking at Ronaldo as that 17 year old teenager crying at the European Championship, and still call him a crybaby. 11 years later, while Lionel Messi was the one doing the crying after losing a CL match about a year or 2 ago. Never hear anyone about that.

I'll give this to Blake Griffin: He's worked hard to improve on his deficiencies. Most notably, he's an improved defender; he's no longer a liability on the free throw line; and he's now serviceable enough from midrange that defenses have to be mindful about giving him an open 18 footer. Combine that with his freak athleticism, strength, passing skills, and uncanny shotmaking ability --he's a top 10 player.

That said, he still plays like a bull in a china shop. Unlike Anthony Davis and especially Tim Duncan, he has absolutely dreadful footwork. Hell, I learned better post footwork after one week of basketball camp in 7th grade --and I played guard. Blake Griffin is the anti-Big Fundamental.

Lets be honest. Absolutely no way Blake Griffin will ever win an MVP. Not enough players, coaches, fans, and especially media people respect his game. His reputation is shot from all the constant flopping, whining, and fake tough guy act that he puts on. More saliently, there are just plenty of better players than him from really good teams that'll block his candidacy while in his prime years.  

...Oh and this is awesome. SPURS.

Bonner, Kawhi, Baynes, Mills, and the Coyote!

• Like 1

Yeah, saw that Spurs vid. I laughed really hard while my girlfriend looked at me like she was reconsidering our relationship :p

But Blake Griffin is not a post up forward, he's a point forward.. or will be.

http://hoopshype.com/columns/david-nurse/why-is-blake-griffin-so-much-better-now

Includes vids and everything. Also includes his improved post game in absence of Chris Paul ;). Article is more recent than your vid

When Clipper team leader Chris Paul went down for 19 games, most thought it would expose Griffin’s perceived ‘lack of a post game.’ Instead, just the opposite happened. Instead of averaging his normal 3.9 post-up shot attempts per game, Griffin averaged slightly under 6 per game. Griffin shot 48 percent from the block during that stretch ranking him in the top 82 percent of the NBA. That puts him ahead of low-post aficionados Al Jefferson and Kevin Love.

Even more impressive was the 1.03 points per possession the Clippers averaged when Blake touched the ball in the low post. And 26 percent of Griffin’s post-up situations resulted in him drawing a foul, which is the highest rate in the league. This signals that defenders realize they are at a disadvantage once Griffin gets position and would rather put him on the line than let him do damage in the post.

But hey, I suppose I'm a little biased. I love (nearly) 7 foot guys who run like guards and can pass like guards.

Anthony Davis is also unbelievable.

• Like 1

Down 20 points in the fourth.

CDVOjCFUgAAov4k.jpg

CDVOtU6UgAA1_dn.png

CDVXyyCVIAIAcmq.jpg

Eyes were closed.

Yeah. Impressive for sure. Last I sww the game they were down like 17ish points with about 7 minutes to go... went to do something else,... then checked all my sports stuff. BANG! Warriors won. L0L

Good job.

Geez.. This first round is going to have a lot of sweeps and 5 game series. <>

• Like 1