Looking for an online gaming group!

PoisonWar

Here's our three most recent wushu characters. We love to make new and more crazy ones each time.

1hJsS4K.jpg

Steve is our GM.

J is "that guy" who we keep forgetting because he's into fighting with "Amnesia-fu"

The Gamemaster fights with the power of GMing.

Fruitpunch is a living man-tree thing that wears a ghillie suit and can grow fruit out of the branches on her head.

I just wrote a paragraph explaining who your characters were to someone, the answer i got was almost as golden as the crispy fries from the Sunrise Menu: "WTF :D".

Also, Just so we don't forget,

Glasses count: 4

Edited by PoisonWar
  • Like 1

Steve (GM): "What do you do now?"

Chimron: "I look around the town. I gather rumours."

Steve: "Well, roll a d20"

Chimron rolls a 20.

Steve: "You just rolled a 20, not a d20"

Chimron rolls, gets a real 20.

Edit: next roll after that was also a 20.

Edited by Marky

So, I've managed to get to tier 3! I'll pick up Mind Reading now and Skill With Attacks (light bladed) next time I have 4 xp so I can get more use out of my Sword of Stone. Speaking of which, what special ability do you guys think it shall possess? I'm not too fond of the "it can shoot people" angle, because that's what I have my dagger/lightning whip for. How about "it can break apart into really small shards that can get under regular armor and shear apart the soft flesh beneath"? (Mechanically, it could ignore worn armor, but not forcefields or naturally thick skin.)

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

How about the sword functioning as a reusable shrapnel grenade? If you want to be extra evil, you could activate it when it is sheathed in your enemies.

I was thinking about the next session, we should get around to building Boregal's body. Maybe while we're on the train? I was also thinking whoever gives the most xp for Boregal, should maybe keep him as a familiar of sorts.

Oh and we gotta remember to give Victor those shoes.

HMm I was wondering,

is it still going? Is there a chance to join a group? How active you are?

Hi Darkpriest.

We're playing 21:00 CET on every saturday. we're currently switching between our numenera campaign, and random one-off wushu sessions when we feel like it.

I can't speak for the others, but I'm sure you're welcome to join in.

HMm I was wondering,

is it still going? Is there a chance to join a group? How active you are?

Hi Darkpriest.

We're playing 21:00 CET on every saturday. we're currently switching between our numenera campaign, and random one-off wushu sessions when we feel like it.

I can't speak for the others, but I'm sure you're welcome to join in.

hmm thanks for info, I have little to no idea about those settings, so would need some more stuff on it. I just used to play DnD sessions several years ago and long time ago Warhammer RPG sessions. Would appreciate some introduction to the systems and settings, could you provide links that you think have the best comprehensive information package?

hmm thanks for info, I have little to no idea about those settings, so would need some more stuff on it. I just used to play DnD sessions several years ago and long time ago Warhammer RPG sessions. Would appreciate some introduction to the systems and settings, could you provide links that you think have the best comprehensive information package?

Numenera is a fairly new pen and paper rpg that got kickstarted in 2012. Numenera takes place a billion years in the future, on earth. Several civilizations (I think 8 ) have come and gone in that time; leaving behind amazing technology called "numenera". No one really understands this old technology, because the the current understanding of technology is only equivalent to medieval times.

It's an rpg system that emphasises storytelling, but it has some really neat and elegant mechanics. Players start creating their characters with a simple sentence like this: I am a Perceptive Glaive who Hunts Mutants.

You can try out making a character here: http://darkliquid.co.uk/playground/numenera/

Or read about numenera here: http://www.numenera.com/

Wushu is not a setting, only a lightweight rules system. I think we've been playing the free version "Wushu open", This describes it well:

"Action movies have always been at odds with realism. Fortunately for us, their conflict is easily resolved with a series of savage kicks to realism's face! Impossible leaps, insane acrobatics, and victory against overwhelming odds are all staples of the genre... and the essential elements of action role-playing games.

Sadly, traditional RPGs have long been in league with realism. They penalize players who want to, say, kick seven mooks with one spin kick by piling negative modifiers onto their roll, which makes them less likely to succeed. The inevitable result is that smart players stick to simple, boring actions and take a tactical approach to combat. Wushu breaks up this insidious alliance with a core mechanic that rewards players for vivid descriptions and over-the-top stunts by making them more likely to succeed, each and every time.

Traditional role-playing games also alienate themselves from action movies by segmenting time into rounds of only a few seconds. In the movies, you get to see characters trade a whole series of attacks, defenses, and counter-attacks before the camera cuts away. In role-playing games, players are usually limited to one action per round, and they only get enough time for one swing, punch, or pull of the trigger before the next player's turn. This takes the back-and-forth pacing that's essential for exciting fight scenes and stabs it straight through the heart!

In Wushu, players are encouraged to make as many attacks, leaps, dives, parries, and ripostes as they like before any dice are rolled. Each "round” is divided into two parts, which everyone completes at the same time. First, the group Describes the scene; this is the important part because their narration determines what actually happens in the game world. Then, they Resolve their dice rolls to see how well it all worked."

It's all been crazy fun so far. On a Saints Row scale of crazy, I'd say our Numenera campaign has been like Saints Row 2, and our Wushu sessions like Saints Row 4.

Edited by Marky

There's built in voice chat.

Aaaand unfortunately, I won't be able to attend today. Got sick. On the bright side, that means you can play more Wushu. Or Viktor is just standing around in the column, waiting to be attended.

There's built in voice chat.

Aaaand unfortunately, I won't be able to attend today. Got sick. On the bright side, that means you can play more Wushu. Or Viktor is just standing around in the column, waiting to be attended.

Nah, since Numenera is somewhat of our main thing i'm not going to continue until we have everyone.

Got sick. On the bright side, that means you can play more Wushu Mage 

Fix'd.

I don't know about that, actually, I'm kinda tempted in just skipping todays session, just rest up a bit more..\

So Here's an update: We're having a break this week, im gonna go and be a lazy bastard for a bit...

Edited by PoisonWar

So, when are we planning to try Edge of the Empire, btw?

Funnily enough I was reading through that last night really wanna run that thing..

For Roll20 though i'd need to have a "Mentor Subscription", and i'm considering it... maybe when i get paid in a couple of days..

As for this week, unless something random and unpredictable pops out of the realm of time, we should be on track with Numenera tomorrow.

@Darkpriest you're more than welcome to join our group.

Edited by PoisonWar

Funnily enough I was reading through that last night really wanna run that thing..

For Roll20 though i'd need to have a "Mentor Subscription", and i'm considering it... maybe when i get paid in a couple of days..

As for this week, unless something random and unpredictable pops out of the realm of time, we should be on track with Numenera tomorrow.

Watching Star Wars Rebels really made me want to play EotE.

As for the mentor subscription thingy, there's a less flashy free version too, if I remember correctly. Dice are a pain, but I've heard nothing about expanded diceroller in the mentor subscription either. Guess we could translate manually from the table in the corebook, or use this. (I'm perfectly happy with not rolling for myself, if accountability is seen as an issue.)

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

@Darkpriest you're more than welcome to join our group.

I'll check it out. so it's 9PM CET?

Really sorry guys, but I'm going to have to miss today, some classmates are leaving the country and they're really good people, so its drinking for me today, next week its either Numenera or edge of the empire, depending on demand. Once again sorry guys.

• Like 1