Looking for an online gaming group!

PoisonWar

Hey guys,

So.. My gaming group no longer wishes to commit time to pnp gaming...

Being unable to find  any other people who are interested in Pen and Paper tabletop gaming I decided to take it online!

So as a result i'm looking for people interested in having a weekly session (negotiable) at sometime:

Monday - Friday -> after 22:00 CET
             Saturday & Sunday -> anytime

The books I own are the following:

• Numenera
  • Vampire the Masquerade 2e
  • Changeling: The lost
  • World of Darkness
  • Mage: The Ascension
  • Monsters and Other Childish Things

So i'd be willing to DM any of those. Or if there's a group of you out there playing, im interested in most systems.

Thank you for your attention, let me know if there's anyone interested.

A session could last anywhere between 2-4 hours.
And no, you won't be needing the books since I already own them, there's character generators online and i can walk you through character creation.

If we're going to play Numenera, you're in luck since I actually have some experience running the thing, and some complimentary books.

Changeling, i've only ever read it, but am very interested in running a game!

Unfortunately i'm not very familiar with the software used for playing PnP games online, Is there anything that can run the Storyteller system or Numenera?
or maybe something where I can costumize the rules?

I'll have a look around.

As for players, do you guys happen to know if there's anyone else that's interested?

Unfortunately i'm not very familiar with the software used for playing PnP games online, Is there anything that can run the Storyteller system or Numenera?

or maybe something where I can costumize the rules?

As for players, do you guys happen to know if there's anyone else that's interested?

Our group uses Skype text chat with a dice roller plugin. It works pretty well.

When I was recruiting (here), multiple people have expressed interest; I believe they'd still be up for a game.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Well, looks like we have a party of three so far, that's great!

In terms of software, I've looked into Roll20, and it has everything I'd need for running it. It also has Numenera-Specific character sheets which would be nice for both you(the players), and help me keep track of things. I think i'll be using that, but you guys will need to create an account (assuming you don't have one already)

So, when would you guys be available for a session?

Since the first Session will mainly involve character generation i'd like you guys to start thinking about what you want to play.

It is important to note that in Numenera you do not need a balanced party, you can easily play a party of Glaives(Warriors), Nanos(Magicians) or Jacks(rouges).

To help you think of what kind of a character you want to play, use this tool. Mind you this only contains the core character options, and I have a book that greatly expands on that, we can discuss that in the character generation session.

The character creation is essentially describing your character by who he or she is, and what they do: I'm a <Adjective> <Noun> who <Does X>
Descriptor, Class and Focus respectively.

To help you with the setting a bit: Numenera is about a world where 8 civilizations have risen, fallen, disappeared or ascended leaving everything behind. The origins of many races and creatures are unknown. It's about a medieval society in a very bizarre world populated by, simply put, alien monstrosities, artifacts and mysterious devices and bioes that a scattered around  the globe. Welcome to the Ninth World!

Edited by PoisonWar

Also just to throw out there, they have a program called fantasy grounds which u can get off steam or their website. It has alot of toolsets and i do believe numeria as well. Its the program i gming with until i had to quit hopefully temporally because of changes at my home.

would love to join but itd have to be in the future so post again if u run something in tbe future.

Ah Mloxians are pretty awesome, that sounds good to me. Can't wait to hear from the others.

The idea is to have an on-going campaign where characters go from adventure to adventure, no doubt the party will change along the way, so whenever you'd like to we can always write another player in. This is mainly to be sustained by not only the personality and back stories that the characters have, but also the future adventures that may shape them in different ways.

Unfortunately Fanstasy Grounds isn't free, so I don't think we'll be using that. I think i'll stick with Roll20.

I would be down for Numenera.  22:00 CET translates to 16:00 where I live, which wouldn't work for me on a weekday, I get home around 17:30, thus 23:30 CET at the earliest on a weekday for me.  Weekend I'm generally good to go whenever.  If my available times don't work, I understand.  I'll think about a character concept when I get home and have my book to flip through .  Sorry I missed this thread until now.  :blush:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Alright then, let's try and aim for this Saturday(18th) at 22:00 CET and we'll do character creation, so that I can walk you through the character options, address any concerns and explain the rules and the setting a bit better.

Is that okay with everybody?

Alright then, let's try and aim for this Saturday(18th) at 22:00 CET and we'll do character creation, so that I can walk you through the character options, address any concerns and explain the rules and the setting a bit better.

Is that okay with everybody?

22:00 is a bit late, dontchathink? In my experience, even short sessions take 3-4 hours, and Numenera's system requires players to assign different connections to each other, which can take quite a lot of time.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Sounds good to me.

I would have preferred 22:00 CET, but, I think I can do 20:00 CET.

For my character, I was thinking about going with a nano who is obsessed with the past. So, would that be a Learned Nano that Explores Dark Places?

Sounds good to me.

I would have preferred 22:00 CET, but, I think I can do 20:00 CET.

For my character, I was thinking about going with a nano who is obsessed with the past. So, would that be a Learned Nano that Explores Dark Places?

Explores Dark Places is a Focus that, essentially, means "you're sneaky and accustomed to the dark" - so it's not really about exploration. "Obsessed with the past" would match Sees Beyond (on higher Tiers, they get an ability to view events that happened in the past), Consorts With the Dead (essentially necromancy, but you get an ability to communicate with dead beings, and later you can ascertain what happened some time ago in a given place), or Travels In Time (exactly what it says on the tin).