Looking for an online gaming group!

PoisonWar

Who needs a gambling skills when you got slight of hand? :p

Fighting pits, betting, blood sport, throw in some natives into the mix, a curse that causes storms(possibly artifact related), and of course factions, lots and lots of factions!

Every pirate faction across all the seas should be represented there, and play a part in the gambliocracy. Joxnir's former tribe could have been one of the factions.

Voodoo magic.

The Pirate King could have a fancy building built out of the bones from various sea monsters: leviathans, krakens and all that good stuff.

Every pirate faction across all the seas should be represented there, and play a part in the gambliocracy

Heh, play a part.

Now I'm thinking every self-respecting pirate ship should have a gambling champion. Also, gambling duels of honor and gambling duels to the death. Grizzled men staring at each other for an overly long time while Ennio Morricone plays in the background, followed by a lightning-swift blur of motion as they throw dice on the table. That kind of stuff.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

How about:

Gam Island

Kraken's Den

Skull Isle

Yar Island

Yar's Revenge

Ray Island

Ray Isle

Blood Isle

Roger's Home (my favourite)

Leviathan Reach

Knuttin Atoll

Pirate Peninsula

Monkey Island

King's isle

Some of those might be joke names. :p

Edited by Marky

Can we have a Beruma Triangle style area called the Blüd Tide? :p

That's what the Sea of Echoes is for.

Well, that and because undying halfway-existent melnibonean sorcerer-kings waging memetic warfare against each other is always fun.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

So I mulled over the question of the wereshark-enhancing feat, and came up with a lot of disconnected little pieces you can choose from.

These are the core:

- Whenever your shapeshifting would end, you can choose to remain in wereshark form. You still lose all related combat bonuses, but retain the advantage on Strength checks (not saves!) and your capability to breathe underwater.

- While in wereshark form, whenever you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier.

And you can choose one of the following:

a/ Gain advantage on swimming checks; swimming no longer halves your speed.

b/ Gain advantage on any rolls to track, or detect the presence of, any bleeding targets or targets whose blood you ever tasted. A successful Perception check also reveals basic information about targets whose blood you can smell or taste, like race and general health.

c/ The minimum HP regain also applies on Hit Dice rolled while in human form.

Note that you gain a class feature called Aspect of the Beast at level 6; since none of the corebook options are especially shark-y, you can choose a/ or b/ as your pick for that. So if you like both, don't worry, there's a way for you to get them both.

So I mulled over the question of the wereshark-enhancing feat, and came up with a lot of disconnected little pieces you can choose from.

These are the core:

- Whenever your shapeshifting would end, you can choose to remain in wereshark form. You still lose all related combat bonuses, but retain the advantage on Strength checks (not saves!) and your capability to breathe underwater.

- While in wereshark form, whenever you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier.

And you can choose one of the following:

a/ Gain advantage on swimming checks; swimming no longer halves your speed.

b/ Gain advantage on any rolls to track, or detect the presence of, any bleeding targets or targets whose blood you ever tasted. A successful Perception check also reveals basic information about targets whose blood you can smell or taste, like race and general health.

c/ The minimum HP regain also applies on Hit Dice rolled while in human form.

Note that you gain a class feature called Aspect of the Beast at level 6; since none of the corebook options are especially shark-y, you can choose a/ or b/ as your pick for that. So if you like both, don't worry, there's a way for you to get them both.

Other options upon further thinking on the issue: whenever you're in wereshark form, you can make bite attacks as a bonus action for... say... 1d8+Strength bonus damage, but the taste of blood drives you into a frenzy that leaves you tired and spent after it passes, so you gain 1 level of exhaustion (replaces the Hit Die enhancement); your Speak with Animals and Beast Sense rituals can now be used on all predatory aquatic animals (optional pick instead of a/, b/ or c/).

So, basically:

Tireless Werebeast

Your mastery over your shapeshifting abilities increases; you gain the following benefits:

Pick one:

- Improved Regeneration: while in wereshark form, whenever you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier, OR

- Ferocious Bite: while in wereshark form, you can make bite attacks as a bonus action for 1d8+Strength bonus damage, but the taste of blood drives you into a frenzy that leaves you totally spent when it passes. Gain a level of exhaustion at the end of the encounter.*

*This is the vanilla option based on the Frenzied Berserker primal path in the core. If you wanna be really hardcore, I'll let you use the following instead:

- Ferocious Bite: while in wereshark form, you can make bite attacks as a bonus action for 1d8+Strength bonus damage, but the taste of blood drives you into a frenzy that makes telling friend from foe all but impossible. You always have to attack the nearest eligible target until you change back to human form or the encounter ends.

Pick one:

- Gain advantage on swimming checks; swimming no longer halves your speed, OR

- Gain advantage on any rolls to track, or detect the presence of, any bleeding targets or targets whose blood you ever tasted. A successful Perception check also reveals basic information about targets whose blood you can smell or taste, like race and general health, OR

- Your Spirit Seeker class feature can now be used on all predatory aquatic animals, OR

- If you chose Improved Regeneration, the minimum HP regain also applies to Hit Dice rolled while in human form.

Tireless Werebeast

Your mastery over your shapeshifting abilities increases; you gain the following benefits:

Pick one:

- Improved Regeneration: while in wereshark form, whenever you roll a Hit Die to regain hit points, the minimum number of hit points you regain from the roll equals twice your Constitution modifier, OR

- Ferocious Bite: while in wereshark form, you can make bite attacks as a bonus action for 1d8+Strength bonus damage, but the taste of blood drives you into a frenzy that leaves you totally spent when it passes. Gain a level of exhaustion at the end of the encounter.*

*This is the vanilla option based on the Frenzied Berserker primal path in the core. If you wanna be really hardcore, I'll let you use the following instead:

- Ferocious Bite: while in wereshark form, you can make bite attacks as a bonus action for 1d8+Strength bonus damage, but the taste of blood drives you into a frenzy that makes telling friend from foe all but impossible. You always have to attack the nearest eligible target until you change back to human form or the encounter ends.

Pick one:

- Gain advantage on swimming checks; swimming no longer halves your speed, OR

- Gain advantage on any rolls to track, or detect the presence of, any bleeding targets or targets whose blood you ever tasted. A successful Perception check also reveals basic information about targets whose blood you can smell or taste, like race and general health, OR

- Your Spirit Seeker class feature can now be used on all predatory aquatic animals, OR

- If you chose Improved Regeneration, the minimum HP regain also applies to Hit Dice rolled while in human form.

You designed those well; they are all very tempting. I think I'm going to pick:

So, at level 6 I could pick another. Do I get any other chances to pick more later?

You designed those well; they are all very tempting. I think I'm going to pick:

So, at level 6 I could pick another. Do I get any other chances to pick more later?

That's... not really how it works. Feats are rather chunky in 5E, offering multiple benefits at once. Hence, for the investment of a single feat, you get this:

and now this:

In addition to those above, you can also choose one of these:

- Gain advantage on swimming checks; swimming no longer halves your speed, OR

- Gain advantage on any rolls to track, or detect the presence of, any bleeding targets or targets whose blood you ever tasted. A successful Perception check also reveals basic information about targets whose blood you can smell or taste, like race and general health, OR

- Your Spirit Seeker class feature can now be used on all predatory aquatic animals.

As for Aspect of the Beast, when you hit level 6, you get a noncombat benefit related to your connection to sharks. I'd let you have any of the latter three as your Aspect, although I think the first two (swimming and blood-smelling upgrade) are thematically more appropriate than the last. Re: picking more up later, I'd say it's possible, but not necessarily beneficial. We can hammer out another feat (at level 8 ), but you'll probably be better off with an ability score improvement at that level (unless you come up with an amazing feat idea). Alternatively, you can switch out your level 10 Spirit Walker class feature for a noncombat benefit of your choice, which... might not actually be that bad. Of course, you'd need to reach level 10 first.

OK, I'm going to add this feat to my character sheet then:

Tireless Werebeast

- Ferocious Bite: while in wereshark form, you can make bite attacks as a bonus action for 1d8+Strength bonus damage, but the taste of blood drives you into a frenzy that makes telling friend from foe all but impossible. You always have to attack the nearest eligible target until you change back to human form or the encounter ends.

- Gain advantage on swimming checks; swimming no longer halves your speed.

I'll also add bite as a weapon. Is it a pierce weapon that does double damage on a critical hit?

Edited by Marky