2 rings, an amulet and a cloak!

Marceror

I've gotta say, I just think "... walk into a bar..." when I read the subject. :)

(EDIT) Now I HAVE to make up a joke for it...

Bartender says, "Hey... don't I know you guys from somewhere?"

The Cloak says, "Maybe? We used to belong to that guy who went a bit crazy and killed a bunch of townsfolk."

Bartender says, "That's it! I'm calling the authorities!"

The rings say, "What?! Why?! WE didn't do anything!"

Bartender responds, "That may be true, but you're all accessories to murder!!"

Commence the facepalming. Also, on-topic, accessory variety is pleasant.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I've gotta say, I just think "... walk into a bar..." when I read the subject. :)

The cloak says to the amulet, "this bar ain't big enough for the two of us."

"Oh yeah," questions the amulet, glaring from it's one eye. "Well my neck loving brilliance will be staying. You can piss off, you dirty piece of cloth."

The rings plead, "hey guys, there's room enough for both of yas! No need to argue."

"Hmm... maybe you're right," says the cloak hesitantly.

"I suppose so," agrees the amulet.

And just then a bunch of kill-joy posters enter the bar and start spouting something about balance this and balance that. And from there things really got ugly.

That was the last time anyone ever heard from old cloaky. Was a real sad day.

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

No, no. 2 rings, a amulet and a cloak is too D&D like. We cannot have that here. Why? Because we don't want to seem like PoE is a spiritual successor to bunch of D&D games. D&D is so last decade, we must follow MMORPGs for this.. yea I lost it.. because of this AWESOME TRAILER

dang, that game went into development like 6 months after this and already their characters, animation, cloaks, etc looks twice as nice as this game. Even the running animation trumps the bb so far. Obsidian better get cooken man cause pillars is one of my most anticipated games.

To be fair TToN is using the engine Obsidian modified (base is Unity) and tools Obsidian developed. Obsidian did have to spend time modifying Unity and developing tools and technology. Also in that trailer there is 0 combat, it is easer to only show part of the game and make that part look good.

Edited by archangel979
  • Like 2

Just because of some perceived history is the reason why there should be an additional item slot?  PoE IS a cRPG, whether or not you want to say it is, by the definition of a cRPG, it is one.  If they didn't want to have cloaks and amulets to have their own slots, that is a power issue.  It really isn't that important and doesn't really make the game more/less immersive.

Item slots are good - not sure why some folks seem to think the world as we know it will end if they give us one more - personally I think it's a reasonable suggestion made in a reasonable manner (unlike many "suggestions" made on this board)

It has a good beat and you can dance to it - I give it an 8!  :thumbsup:

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

Being "different" at this point would be more on the level of adding completely different new kinds of slots, your scrunchie, monocle, underarm hair braid, prosthetic nose, pinky ring, or decorative leg-band kinds of slots.

It would be interesting to add more accessory slots in general, as combining/crunching long lists of effects if amusing to some degree.  You could have slots unlocked as a level-up perk (like the weaponry sets), or perhaps class-specific things like a cipher's soul hat or a chanter's bongo-set.