Drama in indy gaming and games journalism part 2

Tale

Alexander is just working through childhood issues. Funny that she is bragging about that to an Asian Neo Nazi there

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Alexander is just working through childhood issues. Funny that she is bragging about that to an Asian Neo Nazi there

The dude who tried to SJW after saying some ****ed up stuff on the RPGCodex?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Yes, Sommers is likely doing it to further an agenda but she does make good points when Sarkeesian, with one or two exceptions, really did not.

Don't get me wrong, I seriously condemn the people who have threatened, attacked and harassed Sarkeesian over her videos. One of the things that I agree with Jim Sterling on (still not sure why I'm supposed to hate him) is that I disagree with what she says but I will defend her right to say it.

And for me, this is the crux of the matter. Are her videos ill-researched, pointing out the obvious, and ultimately well-meaning but stupid? Yes. But they represent something more: she is treating video gaming as an art form that has responsibility, that's worthy of analysis, worthy of criticizing, however inane that criticism may be. She doesn't want to censor games, she's trying to open an academic discourse about them. Any of you wishing if your favorite pastime was treated like real art - this is it. This is how it looks like.

Her work's a sign of times changing, of video gaming being taken seriously, a promise of the label "gamer" not being  associated with "hormonal teen" anymore. But how do we react to this, to her saying "hey, games are, in some respects, stuck pandering to people mentally and emotionally stunted on the level of adolescents, and we can do so much better"? Exactly like a teen would react to pointing out that his/her favored [insert whatever "cool and adult" stuff here] is actually fairly immature. We're acting like insecure kids who either react with aggression (the harrassment guys), or launch into elaborate tirades desperately trying to prove that she's wrong, she must be (the Thunderfoot brigade), or sulk like a sullen teen, dismissing her outright (most of you, actually). Gamers at large are doing everything but the grownup thing (either owning up to the fact that it is childish while pointing out that intensely trying to leave all childish things behind is the opposite of adult behavior, or owning up to the fact that it's childish and working towards creating something better in addition to, not instead of the current selection).

The truth is, journalists at Kotaku and RPS and whatever ****ty sites they were putting their stuff up on were wrong. Gamers aren't dead; they're exactly at the same place they were 15 years ago. And that's a lot more depressing than any bull**** they've made up. Because it's true.

Edit:

TLDR: she's an idiot, but an idiot who was treating gamers like adults and video games like "a grownup thing". She was wrong to do so.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I'm sorry but i've seen far better criticism of games as an art form than what Ms Sarkeesian does, and I expect better than her inane cherry picking and taking out of context, that does not mean that I am mentally and emotionally stunted, merely that I expect a little quality content and will dismiss it if it is not up to par. Ms Sarkeesian's content is not up to par, in fact i've no idea why it gained such popularity, it is poorly made, badly researched, poorly presented and not worthy of all this fuss and drama.

The modern game industry is not purely mentally and emotionally stunted either, it is slowly growing after twenty plus years of degeneration, Obsidian's work is what I would call some of the finest in the business, as it is feature rich, reactive and most importantly interactive, the true strength of the medium. Look at the depth, nuance, breadth and themes of New Vegas and its various dlc for instance. Fantastic stuff, groundbreaking and rich in atmosphere and narrative. There are far worse genres and games in the AAA market, but even here we see slow and steady improvement over time, with surprising amounts of depth and detail. And most importantly of all we get to interact and take advantage of the mediums strength, rather than just watching and being preached at, we decide and take the lead, only a slave wouldn't want that.

The truth is millions of gamers, those whom play games recreationally, are all different. They like different things and the market can and does cater to them, from the hardcore tactical challenges of Blackguards, to the latest brainless Bioware power fantasy, and everything in between. Kickstarter is growing, the indy scene is booming and AAA's do what they do. It's all a matter of taste, all subjective, and gamers are not bad people for liking what they like or seeking more of it instead of what is currently fashionable and held dear by the fickle press.

Edit: On any random day I can listen to far better criticism from a half dozen people on Youtube, with far better produced and fact checked content, as well as gather a dozen different opinions from the residents of this very board. From Volourn's passion to Bruce's rhetoric, Zoraptor's insightfulness, and even the pirate lingo of Mr Gromnir, and they are all as valid and worthwhile as Ms Sarkeesian. And at least these worthy gentlemen do not feel the need to preach at and chastise like they are addressing children, they discuss like adults.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm sorry but i've seen far better criticism of games as an art form than what Ms Sarkeesian does, and I expect better than her inane cherry picking and taking out of context, that does not mean that I am mentally and emotionally stunted, merely that I expect a little quality content and will dismiss it if it is not up to par. Ms Sarkeesian's content is not up to par, in fact i've no idea why it gained such popularity, it is poorly made, badly researched, poorly presented and not worthy of all this fuss and drama.

The modern game industry is not purely mentally and emotionally stunted either, it is slowly growing after twenty plus years of degeneration, Obsidian's work is what I would call some of the finest in the business, as it is feature rich, reactive and most importantly interactive, the true strength of the medium. Look at the depth, nuance, breadth and themes of New Vegas and its various dlc for instance. Fantastic stuff, groundbreaking and rich in atmosphere and narrative. There are far worse genres and games in the AAA market, but even here we see slow and steady improvement over time, with surprising amounts of depth and detail. And most importantly of all we get to interact and take advantage of the mediums strength, rather than just watching and being preached at, we decide and take the lead, only a slave wouldn't want that.

The truth is millions of gamers, those whom play games recreationally, are all different. They like different things and the market can and does cater to them, from the hardcore tactical challenges of Blackguards, to the latest brainless Bioware power fantasy, and everything in between. Kickstarter is growing, the indy scene is booming and AAA's do what they do. It's all a matter of taste, all subjective, and gamers are not bad people for liking what they like or seeking more of it instead of what is currently fashionable and held dear by the fickle press.

Yes, yes, whatever. Mainstream gaming is still incredibly dull and dumb (for the record, I don't consider Obsidian to be a part of the mainstream), and I believe you would be among the firsts to agree with me on this statement, had I made it in a different context.

As for Sarkeesian's popularity... for all the screaming and flailing and dismissiveness of her detractors, she does have a point. A point she often doesn't manage to get across, but there are limits to what you can expect from liberal arts majors, after all.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid
  • Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Yep, and the dude who was trying to take money for posts on Reddit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And for me, this is the crux of the matter. Are her videos ill-researched, pointing out the obvious, and ultimately well-meaning but stupid? Yes. But they represent something more: she is treating video gaming as an art form that has responsibility, that's worthy of analysis, worthy of criticizing, however inane that criticism may be. She doesn't want to censor games, she's trying to open an academic discourse about them. Any of you wishing if your favorite pastime was treated like real art - this is it. This is how it looks like.

Somehow I don't see her as a fanatic, specially since she can't seem to come up with an example of good female characters. Her discourse is starting at the conclusion that games are sexist and researching proof of it. Is not what I would call a supportive view, I think is a downright hostile approach to the medium.

Her work's a sign of times changing, of video gaming being taken seriously, a promise of the label "gamer" not being  associated with "hormonal teen" anymore. But how do we react to this, to her saying "hey, games are, in some respects, stuck pandering to people mentally and emotionally stunted on the level of adolescents, and we can do so much better"? Exactly like a teen would react to pointing out that his/her favored [insert whatever "cool and adult" stuff here] is actually fairly immature. We're acting like insecure kids who either react with aggression (the harrassment guys), or launch into elaborate tirades desperately trying to prove that she's wrong, she must be (the Thunderfoot brigade), or sulk like a sullen teen, dismissing her outright (most of you, actually). Gamers at large are doing everything but the grownup thing (either owning up to the fact that it is childish while pointing out that intensely trying to leave all childish things behind is the opposite of adult behavior, or owning up to the fact that it's childish and working towards creating something better in addition to, not instead of the current selection).

Her work is the politics of a different group of manchildren that want the other manchildren to be polite and share. She hasn't done anything that's worthy of praise or to be lauded. She just made a bunch of videos demonizing games and when she got angry responses because of it she used it for publicity.

The fact is that she has never opened a line of discourse and she seems incapable of accepting an industry that's inclusive of what she considers to be misogyny. How is a one sided promotion of a political stance supposed to be considered as discourse? Also, I get from your post that it seems like you don't want people to play games as they are childish. I guess I will just go watch my manly action movies, they are certainly more mature than Gears of War.

The truth is, journalists at Kotaku and RPS and whatever ****ty sites they were putting their stuff up on were wrong. Gamers aren't dead; they're exactly at the same place they were 15 years ago. And that's a lot more depressing than any bull**** they've made up. Because it's true.

Edit:

TLDR: she's an idiot, but an idiot who was treating gamers like adults and video games like "a grownup thing". She was wrong to do so.

I agree with the sentiment that games have stagnated, it is what really has happened but distorting the facts and politicizing games is not productive. She is not treating gamers as adults, no adult would stand for the patronizing view that if I like sexualized characters I must be either hate women or be completely ignorant of how fiction affects real women. I actually give women more credit than that and don't seem them as fragile things that have to be shielded from the harmful stereotypes in media. If I can be adult enough to know the difference between reality and fiction so can women.

I want games made for adult audience with mature themes and engaging levels of interaction. I don't want House on the Prairie with a multicultural cast of diverse bodytypes. If that's what they want they are free to fund it and buy it and leave everyone else alone. But don't try to sell me her shtick when her actions and her supporters' dictate otherwise

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If i'm getting this straight, Cheong who was notorious on the SA forums was also within the Codex?
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Yes, yes, whatever. Mainstream gaming is still incredibly dull and dumb (for the record, I don't consider Obsidian to be a part of the mainstream), and I believe you would be among the firsts to agree with me on this statement, had I made it in a different context.

As for Sarkeesian's popularity... for all the screaming and flailing and dismissiveness of her detractors, she does have a point. A point she often doesn't manage to get across, but there are limits to what you can expect from liberal arts majors, after all.

Fallout: New Vegas was mainstream, in fact most of Obsidians work has been, one cannot get much more mainstream than Star Wars and D&D. Obsidians brilliance is that they find depth and nuance in the midst of the most generically dull IP's such as Star Wars, and fly with it. In general yes the AAA studios are sometimes creatively bankrupt, but there are always exceptions and features that stand out, in even the most generic of popular games. Shadow Warrior recently springs to mind, on the surface a brainless shoot and slice em up that has depths that literally shocked me, but of course it was brutally ignored by the gaming press. The co-op madness mechanic of Dead Space 3 was brilliant, the choice and consequence of Black Ops 2 was surprisingly reactive and game shaping etcetera.

I want better games and a better industry, but developers are out there busting their arses, working hard and producing gold still. And they are not sexist, racist, homophobic or anything but dedicated. Buying into the hate train is pointless.

Ms Sarkeesian does have a point: The point is, say the right lies loud enough, and hate the right demographic of people and you'll go far.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

If i'm getting this straight, Cheong who was notorious on the SA forums was also within the Codex?

I remember him from the BIS days.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Ms Sarkeesian's content is not up to par, in fact i've no idea why it gained such popularity, it is poorly made, badly researched, poorly presented and not worthy of all this fuss and drama.

Sarkeesian used exact same format that she uses in Tropes vs. Women in video games video series in her previous Tropes vs. Women in Movies series, meaning that she picks trope and then picks movies/games/whatever that in her opinion uses that trope and but sometimes in middle quotes from social studies and finishes with jokes how Hollywood writers/game developers should stop using such tropes and treat women as human begins and that is all that she does (although in her newer videos about games she has started to put disclaimer in that criticizing thing that you like don't mean that you hate it or something like that). Her tropes vs. women in movies wasn't popular series before her Kickstarter for tropes vs. women in games series, which got her popularity not because people suddenly understood her brilliance, but because she and her campaign got attacked for some reason by group of people that did it in very public and toxic way that she become headline not only in gaming news but also in many major regular news sites, which caused people to support her regardless what she was representing. And after getting that initial popularity she has succeed to keep hold on it, which gives her much greater value as critic that I would give her.

So in end of the day she has loud voice in gaming critic because of her loudest opposition and their behavior not because of quality of her arguments or her supporters. And I am not any more sure that she could lose her place in spotlight anytime soon even if her opposition stops using idiotic tactics.

• Like 1

I remember him from the BIS days.

I guess the past isn't so glorious as is made out to be.

village_idiot.gif

Ms Sarkeesian's content is not up to par, in fact i've no idea why it gained such popularity, it is poorly made, badly researched, poorly presented and not worthy of all this fuss and drama.

Sarkeesian used exact same format that she uses in Tropes vs. Women in video games video series in her previous Tropes vs. Women in Movies series, meaning that she picks trope and then picks movies/games/whatever that in her opinion uses that trope and but sometimes in middle quotes from social studies and finishes with jokes how Hollywood writers/game developers should stop using such tropes and treat women as human begins and that is all that she does (although in her newer videos about games she has started to put disclaimer in that criticizing thing that you like don't mean that you hate it or something like that). Her tropes vs. women in movies wasn't popular series before her Kickstarter for tropes vs. women in games series, which got her popularity not because people suddenly understood her brilliance, but because she and her campaign got attacked for some reason by group of people that did it in very public and toxic way that she become headline not only in gaming news but also in many major regular news sites, which caused people to support her regardless what she was representing. And after getting that initial popularity she has succeed to keep hold on it, which gives her much greater value as critic that I would give her.

So in end of the day she has loud voice in gaming critic because of her loudest opposition and their behavior not because of quality of her arguments or her supporters. And I am not any more sure that she could lose her place in spotlight anytime soon even if her opposition stops using idiotic tactics.

I doubt that at this juncture she would lose publicity, specially if the whole conspiracy thing proves to be right. I mean she's with Silverstring Media who have ties to different gaming websites. As long as there are people to promote her she will still be held up as an example.

village_idiot.gif

Her discourse is starting at the conclusion that games are sexist and researching proof of it. Is not what I would call a supportive view, I think is a downright hostile approach to the medium.

Guess what, all of the mainstream media is sexist, because the society we're living in is sexist, and the society they live in impacts creators.

Somehow, there is this notion that "when feminists say XY is sexist, they imply you're a horrible human being if you enjoy it". It's the root of a lot of hostility that could be avoided by making it clear that liking problematic things doesn't say anything about the consumer's character.

Her work is the politics of a different group of manchildren that want the other manchildren to be polite and share. 

:lol:

That's surprisingly accurate, actually. But isn't the group of manchildren endorsing sharing and politeness an all-around nicer company than the other group holed up in their treehouse?

I get from your post that it seems like you don't want people to play games as they are childish. 

You are patently wrong! Allow me to quote myself.

the grownup thing [would be] either owning up to the fact that it is childish while pointing out that intensely trying to leave all childish things behind is the opposite of adult behavior, or owning up to the fact that it's childish and working towards creating something better in addition to, not instead of the current selection.

I want games made for adult audience with mature themes and engaging levels of interaction. I don't want House on the Prairie with a multicultural cast of diverse bodytypes.

I'm not seeing why those two goals would be inherently opposed to each other. Why can't we have both? This has actually left me perplexed for quite some time: basically what all of us want is more mature games, with a stronger emphasis on story, NPCs who feel more real, more player freedom where "freedom" doesn't mean "more options to do random ****", but a more thorough and realistic examination of the consequences of actions you can take - none of these stand in any inherent opposition with... a desire for stories free of the established (often sexist) tropes, a more diverse cast of NPCs, and a distaste for violent solutions being the optimal ones. These two subsets of goals actually enhance each other, for chrissakes!

Ms Sarkeesian does have a point: The point is, say the right lies loud enough, and hate the right demographic of people and you'll go far.

she has loud voice in gaming critic because of her loudest opposition and their behavior not because of quality of her arguments or her supporters. 

What I was getting at is that there is obviously a market for what she does, a subset of gamers who feel that sexism is a problem currently in the industry who will support her because however bad she is at calling attention to this problem, nobody else is doing it.

Here's a radical idea: wanna have her completely humiliated, crushed, and silenced forever? Do what she has set out to do, but actually do it right! She is bad at it! The only reason for her popularity is the lack of valid alternatives. Start churning out actually valid feminist critique of games, and everybody wins: you don't have to listen to her badly argued points, while those who like having gaming examined from a feminist viewpoint will also be overjoyed for being able to consume well-argued feminist critique :p

Warning, this is probably the dumbest thing to be posted in this thread.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-gamers-still-suck-at-dealing-with-women/?wa_user1=4&wa_user2=Video+Games&wa_user3=blog&wa_user4=feature_module

What a crock of ****.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

What I was getting at is that there is obviously a market for what she does, a subset of gamers who feel that sexism is a problem currently in the industry who will support her because however bad she is at calling attention to this problem, nobody else is doing it.

Here's a radical idea: wanna have her completely humiliated, crushed, and silenced forever? Do what she has set out to do, but actually do it right! She is bad at it! The only reason for her popularity is the lack of valid alternatives. Start churning out actually valid feminist critique of games, and everybody wins: you don't have to listen to her badly argued points, while those who like having gaming examined from a feminist viewpoint will also be overjoyed for being able to consume well-argued feminist critique :p

Why would I wish to see Ms Sarkeesian completely humiliated, crushed and silenced forever, I am not a radical who hates her or a seeks to censor any dissenting opinion, I am a moderate who believes that she is wrong but is perfectly entitled to say what she wishes. I will of course discard it if it is rubbish, as most of her content is, and as any discerning critic should.

But why would I argue for games being sexist, the vast majority aren't, and even if they are they usually portray and demean men in a far worse light as inhuman cannon fodder. There is room for accurate portrayals of the real world however, with all its problems and areas of conflict, and I would not wish to prevent anybody tackling any topic no matter how controversial. There is nothing holding women back from playing games, indeed they seem to have a certain niche of their own, I see no problem with this.

As for what developers create, that is up to them. I hope for more interesting, nuanced content, with interesting situations and npc's, but I certainly cannot and do not want to force my creative views upon them, as i'm no game developer and my taste is unique. The market has room for every type of product, from weird Japanese dating sims to Grunt McMurderman slays the ten thousand, I will choose what suits me and let others do the same. Sometimes I like stupid fantastic silliness like Saints Row, sometimes a wander through Torment.

Edit: Anyway good night gentlemen, fine argumentation, much appreciated.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

Producing quality critique is quite difficult and time consuming job, especially when you want articulate things clearly but not too simplistic way. I know that I am don't have needed talents currently and my point of view towards games is probably too close to produce wide social commentary about them. Which is why I revere people that can do such critique.

I also would point that I don't want to silence Sarkeesian or any other critic/person, but I think that she probably gets more attention for her arguments than what their merit is, although I admit that Sarkeesian is quite lone flag bearer when it comes to feminist/gender based critique towards video games, which I feel is problem and one of the reasons for current situation, as it rises one point of the view to be too dominant.

I'd rather she not be silenced because I get to laugh at her and ehr supporters' idiocy as well as point at the lunatics  who oppose her threatening to rape her for the insane pieces of crap all three groups are.

That way I win as I really no matter how over the top I am I'm superior to ALL of them. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guess what, all of the mainstream media is sexist, because the society we're living in is sexist, and the society they live in impacts creators.

Somehow, there is this notion that "when feminists say XY is sexist, they imply you're a horrible human being if you enjoy it". It's the root of a lot of hostility that could be avoided by making it clear that liking problematic things doesn't say anything about the consumer's character.

So I guess all those "Gamers are dead" articles describing us as neckbeards and the horrors that come out of Leigh Alexander's mouth were about Parcheesi enthusiasts. They all share the same politics and the same views, just look at some of Anita's tweets regarding gamers and what she thinks of them. I mean look at what they did to poor Nonek's signature.

:lol:

That's surprisingly accurate, actually. But isn't the group of manchildren endorsing sharing and politeness an all-around nicer company than the other group holed up in their treehouse?

If only they are righteous harassers that are one course of Latin from declaring their goal a crusade, cause Deus Vult. Or was their hostility not a clear indication of their character. I guess you also trust strangers with vans in clown costumes, I mean they seem legit and they say they'll give you candy.(Fact:Molestation is the leading cause of childhood obesity)

You are patently wrong! Allow me to quote myself.

the grownup thing [would be] either owning up to the fact that it is childish while pointing out that intensely trying to leave all childish things behind is the opposite of adult behavior, or owning up to the fact that it's childish and working towards creating something better in addition to, not instead of the current selection.

Is been like 3 ****ing years and they haven't done **** but whine and complain. I mean ****, they can organize a media conspiracy but the can't get a gamejam or a fundraiser together to make a ****ing game. I guess they're busy doing other stuff.

I'm not seeing why those two goals would be inherently opposed to each other. Why can't we have both? This has actually left me perplexed for quite some time: basically what all of us want is more mature games, with a stronger emphasis on story, NPCs who feel more real, more player freedom where "freedom" doesn't mean "more options to do random ****", but a more thorough and realistic examination of the consequences of actions you can take - none of these stand in any inherent opposition with... a desire for stories free of the established (often sexist) tropes, a more diverse cast of NPCs, and a distaste for violent solutions being the optimal ones. These two subsets of goals actually enhance each other, for chrissakes!

As someone who just finished a freaking game development degree I'm all for more games. I would love to work on a feminist approved game and as soon as you get them to stop complaining about my soggy knees and get them working towards making games they will have my full support. But there is something about the destructive criticism, the snide remarks, the mockery of their audience that just tells me that they are doing exactly what they want.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif