Pallegina's voice acting

Hormalakh

You mean it sounds almost like it's...placeholder? Sigh. Guys, seriously, could you at least just limit yourself to slagging off content that's actually in-game.

Maybe I need to start going at this forum like I did about the Destiny Alpha.

Here let's link a nice video so everyone understands what non final voices sound like.  I am sure we will recognize this one.

http://youtu.be/STlRBD3spIo?t=3m47s

What's your point Karkarov?  My point is simple.  Stop trying to hack the game and base your judgements on what is actually presented in the beta.  When we get Pallegina as a companion in game we will here her final real voice.  If it sucks then feel free to unload.  Right now there is no evidence to indicate any voice in the game isn't just placeholder.  In fact this voice isn't even in the game so why did it even get a thread?

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 10

I am not sure how a mauretanian italian inspired female aasimar knight can sound, but there was at least one holy character in Obsi games who had a... special voice

so I was expecting something of a quality

Edited by Shadenuat
  • Like 2

I am not sure how a mauretanian italian inspired female aasimar knight can sound, but there was at least one holy character in Obsi games who had a... special voice

Kaeylyn the Dove, one of my all time favourite VOs in a CRPG! Now we're talking!! :yes:

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

What about our Cadegund find? Would she really not make it into final game?

Doesn't look like it

Seriously? I really liked her concept art. This is getting ridiculous.

from the wiki

If they cut Cadegund I can sort of understand because wasn't she supposed to be a paladin?  With only eight companions I am sure they don't want to double up.  That said how many of the original concept art characters ARE in game?  We know Adair/Eder/whatever his name is now is in but he is vastly different.... so much so that other than having a beard and the same name pronunciation he is not the same character anymore.  They even changed his hair color and skin tone :p.

So what you are saying is that they are not party members.  In other words, they "might" be in game but are not going to be joining up.  Forton is no loss, hated his concept art from the get go and hate martial arts based monk characters in European fantasy settings for more reasons than I care to recount.

Edited by Karkarov

That said how many of the original concept art characters ARE in game?

Three, although one of they may or may not have undergone a sex change (unsure at this point)

What's your point Karkarov?  My point is simple.  Stop trying to hack the game and base your judgements on what is actually presented in the beta.  When we get Pallegina as a companion in game we will here her final real voice.  If it sucks then feel free to unload.  Right now there is no evidence to indicate any voice in the game isn't just placeholder.  In fact this voice isn't even in the game so why did it even get a thread?

dat passive aggressive

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

I've listened too all the files and their voice acting quality is semi-atrocious .

Track 14 is abysmal in particular.

If this sh!t gets into the final game, I will be a sad panda...

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

dat passive aggressive

You guys are way off base.  There is nothing passive aggressive about what I say or how I say it.  I say exactly what I mean and not one word more.  If it sounds aggressive it is because it is intended to.  Passive is not a word I would ever use to describe myself.

Judging the quality of content you have to hack the game to see is meaningless because that content is not being presented to you.  Like I said, if they present something as "final" and it sucks, feel free to get the torches and pitchforks.  They have not even presented Pallegina's voice at this point however so lets be a little less Minority Report about it.

I didn't post the thread and even over at the Codex where I posted the files I said that I thought it was temp :)

I thought it was passive aggressive because it was an indirect aggression, but fair enough.

I've also been digging through the files to get a feel for "how the sausage is made". I've discovered that modding items should be fairly easy to do as long as there's a program that can re-pack data into the Unity files (which I *think* there is, but not 100%).

ADDING items will be more difficult though.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

I remember when Diablo 3 got hacked and rumors of idiotic storyline and itemization problems surfaced.

Yeah! Just be good little robots and try not to dig so deep!

The things that you're not supposed to see are bitching season free after release only!

God forbid.

• Like 2

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

I remember when Diablo 3 got hacked and rumors of idiotic storyline and itemization problems surfaced.

Yeah! Just be good little robots and try not to dig so deep!

The things that you're not supposed to see are bitching season free after release only!

God forbid.

It is Diablo, you didn't need to hack anything to know the storyline would suck and the itemization would be bad.  In fact scratch that.... it's a Blizzard game.  Same rules apply.  The real offender with that game was the Real Money Auction house and I don't recall anyone raising a storm about it until after release.

• Like 2

This VO work sounds fine to me.

Not really much worse than the IE stuff, some of which wasn't exactly awesome, and a lot of which was OTT or cheesy.

This also doesn't sound much worse than Dinklage...

They threw a modifier on his voice just like with Glados, it sounds fine :p.

Not really much worse than the IE stuff, some of which wasn't exactly awesome, and a lot of which was OTT or cheesy.

Well the IE games were a bit cheesy in general. I think the VO direction reflects the overall tone of the game.

This also doesn't sound much worse than Dinklage...

That is some high level trolling. Good job.

Listening to raw sound sets from IE games isn't a joy ride either in most cases. But in game it's awesome. So I have to disagree on that one.

sorry i'm calling bull**** on that. look up viconia or any of the other npcs from bg2 on youtbue. they sound fantastic.

• Like 2

My blog is where I'm keeping a record of all of my suggestions and bug mentions.

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/  UPDATED 9/26/2014

My DXdiag:

http://hormalakh.blogspot.com/2014/08/beta-begins-v257.html