Ukraine discussion

Tale

I wonder how long that bit of misdirection iis going to fly. Kiev fascist goverment bla bla bla.  Are the Russian people that stupid ?

From their point of view it's probably, "are the American people that stupid".

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I wonder how long that bit of misdirection iis going to fly. Kiev fascist goverment bla bla bla.  Are the Russian people that stupid ?

Don't remember if I said this or not but, if I may....

I have a very love-hate relationship with Russians. I tutor English for money and where I live, every Russian female studies economics of some kind and needs business English. So yeah, I know quite a few and feel pretty familiar with the culture.

I find it very telling that I have YET to encounter a Russian who knew jack-all about politics. I mean sometimes I'll get a German asking me what's wrong with US politics and I'm happy to voice my opinion on the matter. Likewise I ask the Russians and.......aaaaand they always answer something akin to "I don't really pay attention to politics, it's all rigged anyways." They don't believe their elections are genuine and thus don't bother. Despite this, Putin is very popular and - this may sound incredibly dumb - when I incline as to why he's popular, the most common answer is "he's so sexy." I also can tell you that oby's rant about how the Ukrainians are animals and liars or the like is nothing new to me. I once had a Russian try to explain that culturally, they joke about the Ukrainians and liken them to leeches and thieves.

In short you've got a country where they've left a fox to guard the hen house. No one seems to be paying attention and what little there is kinda plays in nicely to the images they know. Ukraine is seen as deserving of this, Putin is seen as a strong leadership figure, etc etc. I also fear this might be why Putin is afraid to compromise or back down period (potentially) because it could be perceived as a sign of weakness and shatter his public approval.

Another interesting little snippet: google for "From Russia with Hate." It's an interesting little documentary about the Neo-Nazi movements within Russia, and merely highlights that there is a strong nationalist subculture within Russia. That documentary is a little dated now, but I can guarantee the sentiments are alive and well; I have a friend from Krasnodar who became quite familiar with racism in Russia when she started dating her Nigerian boyfriend and had to deal with all sorts of crap because of it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Yes yes, we understand. This is The Azov Battalion on video  -  unit of the National Guard, operated by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine. Yep they wear swastikas and SS runes, but because Junta is Western subslaves "friends" this is normal, they are not Nazi. I sure US National Guards wear similar sighns, in land of absolute freedom this is must be ok.  Also when after Maidan Ukrainians shouts "Kill Russians" and beat Non-Ukrainian looked people - it's because they so freeminded democratic people, by this they just show how they ready to fight agains terrible totalitarian regime of bloody dictator Putin...

My god, how we exhausted from this moronic Humanity. Probably we must  just exterminate every idiot who try mess with us. At last we are not your nanny's and if someone constantly try make pain to yourself - better decision is give to thems oceans of pain. It's work much better, same Ukrainians who cry about killings of Russians and dreamed about invasion into Russia (for returning "Ukrainian" lands) now whinning about friendship with Russia, we are brothers and make other attempts to lick our boots.

To Longknife.

It's funny butthurt, but we not asking from foreighners what we must do, it's just not their f**g business.  Your post is pointless.

Also about Africans. They are ok in Russia. Nobody don't fawn to them (we newer participiate in black slavery, in Russia they alwais have same status as whites), actually is Russia who fight almost two centuries  for their freedom, they are our debtors now and if they forgot this and begin act arrogant in Russia (whithes must bow because of slavery)... it's best way to be beaten. But if they don't mess with us - nobody interfere them (much more then any Russian man), except probably small marginal groups of Neo-Nazi financed from West.

Putin is an autocrat in midset just like Erdogan and their huge popularity is due to impressive PR campaigns and the fact that they can sell law&order, bread& circuses and stability. They can play sports and be "sexy".

The same tactics are also used in the west however, from Merklel's popularity skyrocketing after Germany's world cup win and her participating there, to (much more seriously) Bush and co's use of western media to start 2 wars and defy international law until this day.

Yes, there is a dangerous nationalist/czarist atmosphere in Russia and the seperatists which seems to only get worse, but completely ignoring the fact that fascists are indeed acting without control in Ukraike and there are attempts to outlaw certain parties only points to hypocricy. Not to mention that the will of eastern Ukraine citizens is deemed irrelevant.

To Longknife.

It's funny butthurt, but we not asking from foreighners what we must do, it's just not their f**g business.  Your post is pointless.

Also about Africans. They are ok in Russia. Nobody don't fawn to them (we newer participiate in black slavery, in Russia they alwais have same status as whites), actually is Russia who fight almost two centuries  for their freedom, they are our debtors now and if they forgot this and begin act arrogant in Russia (whithes must bow because of slavery)... it's best way to be beaten. But if they don't mess with us - nobody interfere them (much more then any Russian man), except probably small marginal groups of Neo-Nazi financed from West.

That's as paranoid and as nonsensical as if I were to say "Russia is sabotaging the USA by funding the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church."

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

To Longknife.

That's as paranoid and as nonsensical as if I were to say "Russia is sabotaging the USA by funding the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church."

Actually, not too far off the mark as it is.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

To Longknife.

Our Empire has been very polyethnic - it's our power and its our weakness. West always try use nationalist right wingers against us, they support all these movements during cold war and this nationalism it's one of major reasons what cause USSR collapse.

https://www.princeton.edu/~mbeissin/beissinger.ceh.article.pdf

http://www.workers.org/marcy/cd/sam90/1990html/s900208.htm

Same story repeated now, all these modern Russian movements very tied with Western intelligence services and all they play against Russia (Russian Nazi demand separation of Caucasus from Russia for example, Siberian and other demand separation of own regions - all they try cause new dissolving - all they play against Russia, all they play against Putin). It's obvious who backed these movements. Happily Russians understand who really do this and don't support these movements - all these Neo-Nazi in Russia has no power, they are just bunch of non-influential marginals.

Also my personal experience. I had meetings with one leader of small Neo-Nazi group in the past. He completely financed from Norway, he constantly visit this country for money and orders. I known what i talking about. "Russian" Nazi's is purely Western non-natural creature.

As i say before - your post is pointless, you know nothing about this problem.

West surrender without fight. Paper tiger so paper.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/a-bad-week-for-free-europe-1409957149

A Bad Week for Free Europe Putin wins in Ukraine, and NATO doesn't rise to the challenge.

On photo Western politicians dig symbolic graves for yourself.

bdXvcRpBMi0.jpg

Who next? Poland, Baltic states or someone else? Maybe UK? Scottish referendum you known. Or maybe Russians just must help to Japans kick US arises from their territories? Or they decide push out mighty Canadians from Arctic? Who known....

Oby why has Russia agreed to this ceasefire? I thought Putin  didn't care what the West wanted or thought and he just did what he wanted?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

He's going to play along until attention shifts, then there is going to be another rebel offensive. Besides, those ceasefires rarely last more than a few days.

Could be, I think this is more about the fact that this conflict is really spiralling out of control and sanctions are increasing and Russia realizes that a military solution will in the long term harm them more than a diplomatic one.

But we can never say for sure what motivates Putin so this just may be a way for Russia to rest and consolidate its military strategy

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oby why has Russia agreed to this ceasefire? I thought Putin  didn't care what the West wanted or thought and he just did what he wanted?

Because he is not side in this conflict. :p  East Ukrainian oligarchs reach everything what they want during this civil war and now with Russian help they try pacify region... but Kievan and Donetsk capitalists lost control upon situation and war continue anyway... and this is good.

This Chechen guy IRL stay behind this conflict.

936238_600.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinat_Akhmetov

In Moskow very influental Chechen politican support him.

surkov_jpg_1323957036_jpg_1339700406.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladislav_Surkov

Though game is not ended, other Kremlin clans do want prticipiate in this also.

Edited by obyknven

So we are still pretending the Russian soldiers aren't there ?

Yes there are no Russian soldiers in Ukraine and no Russian military support of the separatists :skeptical:

John Milton 

So we are still pretending the Russian soldiers aren't there ?

Officially they are not here. Surkov's people can participate in this, but this is their private business. People of other Kremlin clans (who have different vision of Ukrainian future) as i known mostly leave East Ukraine yet in Jule and not interfere in current events. But situation can be changed in any moment - many rebels don't like Akhmetov, war continue anyway, and internal struggle of Kremlin clans continue non stop too - nobody known who win here in next time and what changes in this cause.

Yep, probably Russian real politics is too difficult for foreigners, were real political life ended long ago, and because of this believing in tsar dictator Putin in better for them.

Anyway in current time Russian government trying pacify region (new Transnistria project), while nor rebels, nor Ukrainian nationalists don't want this.

I see what you did there. Going from an unashamed 'yes man' to some kind of Russian political analyst. Careful you don't start thinking for yourself, it's addictive you know.

You wrong. Personally i support continue of war (but not support neither side in this war) and don't like such politics of Russian government (and don't like Russian government also). Such events as  wars is very good for progressive society changes (WW1 - give birth for USSR, WW2 crush colonialism), isolation of Russia is very good too... Just reminder about World Revolution 2.0. :devil:

http://scepsis.net/eng/articles/id_10.php

This is not a question of right/false ideologies, of correct/false tactics. As always in cases like this, this turn of events is rooted in economic causes. In this case, the transformation of the metropolis (the First World) into the collective exploiter of the periphery (the Third World), a collective parasite, is the cause. Exploiters and parasites don't make revolutions. And if they do, those turn out to be "conservative revolutions".

And the situation will not change as long as the ruling classes of the First World will afford to corrupt, more or less generously, the general population with a share of the excess profits they derive from exploiting the Third World. It is only when this source of profit is minimised, if not liquidated altogether, the ruling classes of the First World will be forced to take such a measures against the workers of the metropolis that will inevitably blow up the class peace, i.e. to refuse to limit the working day, to terminate the dole system, to actually eliminate the social infrastructure, to crack down on protests (for there will be no more money to buy effective compromises).

If we recall, Che declared the U.S. to be the enemy of mankind, and called for establishment of "two, three, many Vietnams" in the countries of the Third World. He did so in order to 1) undercut the basis of imperialism by wrestling the commodities, energy sources and economies of the Third World away from the imperialist countries, and to 2) engage imperialism in a number of local military conflicts in the capitalist periphery so as to cause it to economically stretch itself to the limit.

Obviously Russian capitalists don't want this and try prevent escalation of conflict, but happily Western elites too non competent and by own acts make world revolution a bit closer. As Lenin say about such capitalists: "Useful idiots so useful anyway".

I see what you did there. Going from an unashamed 'yes man' to some kind of Russian political analyst. Careful you don't start thinking for yourself, it's addictive you know.

You wrong. Personally i support continue of war (but not support neither side in this war) and don't like such politics of Russian government (and don't like Russian government also). Such events as  wars is very good for progressive society changes (WW1 - give birth for USSR, WW2 crush colonialism), isolation of Russia is very good too... Just reminder about World Revolution 2.0. :devil:

http://scepsis.net/eng/articles/id_10.

I'm confused by your perspective  now? Do you not  support Putin and political aspirations?

John Milton 

I'm confused by your perspective  now? Do you not  support Putin and political aspirations?

Who is Mr Putin and why i must support him? Western people too overvalue Russian president, it's obvious. I even giggling imagine stupor of Western media, when he leave this post soon.

My Political aspirations? Support any progressive force. Post-marxists is better than national capitalists (aka classic liberals in G. Washington style), national capitalists is better than international capitalists (aka neo-liberals or neo-faschists (Chile show there is no difference), who IRL are conservative retrogrades, antipodes of liberals).

Post-marxists is better than national capitalists (aka classic liberals in G. Washington style).

Ah yes, George Washington. The famous economist and pioneer of capitalism.

Ukrainian army stronk!

http://vimeo.com/105547118

Really stronk!

http://youtu.be/AcZgPzwFcgA

By latest news Ukrainians can't produce tanks now and their "industry" make this instead.

BxFWGE9IAAAbf9f.jpg

It's soo cool. Western Politicans per 23 years of neo-liberal reforms transform such hi-tech country with 4-th by power army in world into this current "African" banana republic. I'm impressed.

Good news, I  can see it appears that Russian troops have started to withdraw from Ukraine

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-withdrawal-ukraine-tiny-first-step-us-214931730.html;_ylt=AwrBT8k5YRFUWPoArWdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExcTdidDdsBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1VJQzFfMQ

Not sure how that's possible considering the fact there were no  Russian troops in Ukraine to begin with :biggrin:

• Like 3

John Milton 

Typical Russian lack of stomach for a proper scrap. What else can be expected from a nation that got taken apart by a bunch of yurt-dwelling nomads? They're lucky old John Bull didn't have to roll up his sleeves. They didn't come out of the last British intervention in the Crimea too well at all.

Dirty deeds done cheap.