Are graphics features set?

For a 4 million dollars budget I was expecting equal graphics to that of IWD2 with larger resolution support. So yeah I'm pretty satisfied with what they showed.

The game was pledged for 1M if not mistaken but they funded for 4M. Divinity Original Sins looks far more beautiful to me which they were funded only 1M.

Just to also chime in on this Larian had other funding than Kickstarter.  In fact the game was 50% done before they even put the Kickstarter up at all and the original video for it showed many of the in game assets and systems were already at a finalized state.  For example they showed off how telekinesis worked in the very pitch video for the kickstarter and the environment graphics from that video were already basically identical to the full game.

So did Divinity Originl Sin get funded 1 mil on kickstarter?  Yes.  Was that the games actual budget, highly unlikely.  I would not be surprised if it actually ran something like 10+ mil.

The game was pledged for 1M if not mistaken but they funded for 4M. Divinity Original Sins looks far more beautiful to me which they were funded only 1M.

I'm fairly certain the Kickstarter campaign for Original Sin was supplementary to funds and work they'd already put into the game. I think overall, the budget for that game surpasses 4 mil.

They haven't released hard numbers, at least, not that I know of. But this is right on. They had near-final game art assets from the start of the kickstarter because they had other sources of funding. It's a meaningless comparison.

From http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-03-divinity-original-sin-larian-studios-fastest-selling-game-ever

And it's already approaching profitability, Larian boss Swen Vincke told Eurogamer. Divinity: Original Sin cost around €4m to make, following a successful Kickstarter that raised just under $1m

Because of the euro-to-dollar conversion, the €4m budget was a $5.35m budget in US Dollars.  The $1m raised on Kickstarter was about €750,000 in their €4m budget (or about 19%). 

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Larian had their own in-house engine to work with, not sure how much easier this makes things though.

I do wonder if a company has to pay to use a certain engine, does anyone know how this works? I've never really cared to find out about these things..

That being said, graphically i don't think Divinity looks all that good compared to POE. It does look clean and the spell effects and such are also quite nice. Combat animations are no better than POE seems to be..

Divinity was awesome though, just like POE will be, looks to be a good year for me.

• Like 1

Visuals are waaaay better than what I expected too. But what I like the most are the hand-drawn 2D maps. Add to that the excellent music score (based on what we've shown so far) and Obsidian's top-of-the-art narrative and you've got a masterpiece, a real piece of art.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.