Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

Today's predictions (Lord knows my batting average hasn't been good lately):

Belgium over Argentina

Dutch over Costa Rica

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Somehow, i think that Argentina will win over Belgium 1-0, after a free kick by Messi/Di Maria/Higuain. The match itself will be boring.

The Netherlands  - Costa Rica might be something though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

GAME ON!

Really looking dorward to this Costa Rica - Netherlands match.

Can Navas and Costa Rica's offsides trap confound Robben, Van Persie and Sneijder?

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Goalkeeping coming up big in the 20th minute. NED threatening big with a couple quality looks in the box only to be stopped by the indomitable Navas.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Good game so far. The Oranje have been dominating the ball, but are being stymied by Costa Rica's fantastic defense and Mr. Keylor Navas. Scoreless at the half.

Yeah, it's an awful match.

Not from Costa Rica's perspective!

Costa Rica plays like I remember North Korea from the last WC. Five or six defenders behaving like if they would be shot if their opponents score a goal.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Someone please inform van Persie about the rules regarding off-side.

You can say what you want about Costa Rica' s defending but we have had our chances, and we butchered all of them so far.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I think the Argentinians will be feeling veeeeeery confident watching this travesty of a match.

I feel sorry for Robben, he's been great but he can't do everything alone.

Van Persie is just begging for a substitution. 

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.