Another Storyline Theory

You would only have an aditional enemy if you side with no-one, otherwise you have the same amount of enimies.

Your theory suggest that there are 4 factions. The republic and 3 sith lord, if you choose to side with any of these factions then u will have 1 ally and 3 enimies. If you side with none of them then u have 4 enimies!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

You would only have an aditional enemy if you side with no-one, otherwise you have the same amount of enimies.

Your theory suggest that there are 4 factions. The republic and 3 sith lord, if you choose to side with any of these factions then u will have 1 ally and 3 enimies. If you side with none of them then u have 4 enimies!

Agreed, but you're overlooking the fact that if you're LS, then the republic and the remaining Jedi are your allies by default.

That's what was meant in saying that the non-ally DS option is 'more difficult', compared to the LS

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Agreed, but you're overlooking the fact that if you're LS, then the republic and the remaining Jedi are your allies by default.

That's what was meant in saying that the non-ally DS option is 'more difficult', compared to the LS

I have taken that into consideration. When i said u side with none of them that means you could be light or dark. Just because ur light (or grey) doesn't mean that the republic will side with you. They might want to side with you but if you dont side with them they may still see u as threat.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Thats part of what i said, if you side with no-one then u r against every1.

But i get the feeling that u will have to choose a side as it is the way of the SW universe.

It would be interesting if you could side with a Sith lord from the beginning of the game. The game could take on a DX: IW type situation where you chose one faction, I guess either Scion or the Jedi, or you work for yourself. I don't know if anyone here has seen Stargat SG-1 but a galaxy ruled by the Sith is starting to sound like the Go'uld lords. I do think the idea of playing one lord off the other would be fun. Sun Tzu in this case I likened the Sith to the Scythians(and their descendants), enemies swooping from the east and fighting with speed and brutality.

I don't think the republic will subscribe to the Bush-Mussolini doctrine, namely that which prescribes: "You're either with us; or you're our enemies"

They could, though :)

I feel they will but who knows. We will know when the game comes out!

Quite a good theory, that! :(. Some of that could indeed prove to be true, even if we won't know for.. *checks calendar*... err, at the very least between three and a half month to four months :).

But I hope that Sion isn't our only choice of a Sith Lord to join if we can indeed do this. I'd like us to be able to join forces with one of the Sith Lords as Darksiders, but I'd also like us to have a choice of whom of them to join in that matter. But if there is only one, then based on what we've heard so far, Sion seems to be the most likely one we could get to join.

Hmm, if we can join a Sith Lord, I'd really like to see some "Sith versus sith"-battles in KOTOR 2.. =D~~~~~~~.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

It would be nice to become Dark Lord Scion's apprentice, but that will set loose too many variables. I'm under the impression that either you're LS in TSL, or you're dark jedi who chooses no one and work in secret by making the Sith Lords fight each other (and the republic) as you conspire in order to gain power. Too bad this DS-solution would surely require a moment of redemption a la "the temple summit".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It would be nice to become Dark Lord Scion's apprentice, but that will set loose too many variables. I'm under the impression that either you're LS in TSL, or you're dark jedi who chooses no one and work in secret by making the Sith Lords fight each other (and the republic) as you conspire in order to gain power. Too bad this DS-solution would surely require a moment of redemption a la "the temple summit".

Plotting like Sidious to take out everyone would be cool. It would also be cool to send off your own apprentice to take care of little things.

Well, the "Choose no-one" thingy has always been present in Lucasarts star wars games, (JK, KOTOR 1, JA...), bit I hope - or rather wish - that they'll do things differently just once or at least leave the choice open to do so.. :/. But to be a conspirating Sith Lord like Darth Sidious, playing out both your enemies and allies against each others would also be cool :D.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Plotting like Sidious to take out everyone would be cool. It would also be cool to send off your own apprentice to take care of little things.

Main Character: "Queen, this is my apparentice, Darth Mira. She'll take care of the problems you're facing on Onderon until I have time to come myself" ;).

Well, the "Choose no-one" thingy has always been present in Lucasarts star wars games, (JK, KOTOR 1, JA...), bit I hope - or rather wish - that they'll do things differently just once or at least leave the choice open to do so.. :/. But to be a conspirating Sith Lord like Darth Sidious, playing out both your enemies and allies against each others would also be cool :D.

It would certainly please those who want the dark side to be more sinister in TSL ;)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Main Character: "Queen, this is my apparentice, Darth Mira. She'll take care of the problems you're facing on Onderon until I have time to come myself" ;).

Exactly, something sort of like that. Your apprentice doesn't have to fight, just inform you of what the situation in an area on that planet. Hmmm.... *mind wanders off*

Sending off an apprentice to investigate something sure sounds great; but a party member can do it just as efficiently (if not better; since he'd be at a higher level, than the apprentice) -and there have been hints so far, as to sub-groups of the whole crew, doing things simultaneously.

One interesting option that being an apprentice could present, is that it seems more probably that way, to instigate a war among the Sith: Just as an example; we could be the apprentice to a Sith Lord, yet playing two-sided, or just plain betraying our master, we could contact other Sith Lords, and have them attack one another.

There are problems with all these apprentice fantasies, though! The foremost being that, ahem, we're making them up, and we don't know much (?!) about the story

It would be nice to become Dark Lord Scion's apprentice, but that will set loose too many variables.

yes that is a problem. It could be that the plot 'forces' you to become either the apprentice of Sion, or a jedi master (my favorite: WHC) That would do away with the problem of inflated variables -but then, some gamers wouldn't like being compelled to join a Sith Lord, or Jedi Master, over and over on each replay. (Though no one got fed up last time, with the plot twisting over and over)

This assumes of course that we're 'becoming' the apprentice -based again on what the devs. said earlier, that the master-apprentice theme is somehow worked in this game; I can't imagine how 'having' one could work. You start a level 1 char. yourself. At what level do you take on the apprentice? To what level *can* you train him? How well can you attend to him, and what sort of a teacher-pupil relation can it be, while the game is heating up and you have little time to give lectures. Why would you want to have a level 6 character in your team when you're level 18, etc.

Now it could be the case that the game explores the master-apprentice relationship without us becoming masters or apprentices: It could involve the rescue of a master; the redemption of the master or apprentice; the elimination of a master (DS), etc. Countless variations can be thought, over these motives, and in connection to the characters.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Sending off an apprentice to investigate something sure sounds great; but a party member can do it just as efficiently (if not better; since he'd be at a higher level, than the apprentice) -and there have been hints so far, as to sub-groups of the whole crew, doing things simultaneously.

One interesting option that being an apprentice could present, is that it seems more probably that way, to instigate a war among the Sith: Just as an example; we could be the apprentice to a Sith Lord, yet playing two-sided, or just plain betraying our master, we could contact other Sith Lords, and have them attack one another.

There are problems with all these apprentice fantasies, though! The foremost being that, ahem, we're making them up, and we don't know much (?!) about the story

It would be nice to become Dark Lord Scion's apprentice, but that will set loose too many variables.

yes that is a problem. It could be that the plot 'forces' you to become either the apprentice of Sion, or a jedi master (my favorite: WHC) That would do away with the problem of inflated variables -but then, some gamers wouldn't like being compelled to join a Sith Lord, or Jedi Master, over and over on each replay. (Though no one got fed up last time, with the plot twisting over and over)

This assumes of course that we're 'becoming' the apprentice -based again on what the devs. said earlier, that the master-apprentice theme is somehow worked in this game; I can't imagine how 'having' one could work. You start a level 1 char. yourself. At what level do you take on the apprentice? To what level *can* you train him? How well can you attend to him, and what sort of a teacher-pupil relation can it be, while the game is heating up and you have little time to give lectures. Why would you want to have a level 6 character in your team when you're level 18, etc.

Now it could be the case that the game explores the master-apprentice relationship without us becoming masters or apprentices: It could involve the rescue of a master; the redemption of the master or apprentice; the elimination of a master (DS), etc. Countless variations can be thought, over these motives, and in connection to the characters.

Simple, you just can start to train someone as your apprentice when your alignment is fully light/dark, thus fully understandment of the force :p

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Exactly, something sort of like that. Your apprentice doesn't have to fight, just inform you of what the situation in an area on that planet. Hmmm.... *mind wanders off*

Yep :p.

Since having contact with other Sith Lords are mentioned (as a speculation, I mean), it'd be cool if we could do like this: first we take an apparentice of our own. Then we accept Darth Sion's invitation as an apparentice to him. After that, we send our apparentice to another Sith Lord whereas he/she offers to become his/her apparentice. Then through false reports and the like, we manipulate the two Sith Lords into confronting each others before they're ready, then we sit back and watch as the two fractions slaughter each others and afterwards we and our apparentice take care of any survivors of the battle, thus we now have only one Sith Lord left (and the Republic, eventually) :D.

Yep :p.

Since having contact with other Sith Lords are mentioned (as a speculation, I mean), it'd be cool if we could do like this: first we take an apparentice of our own. Then we accept Darth Sion's invitation as an apparentice to him. After that, we send our apparentice to another Sith Lord whereas he/she offers to become his/her apparentice. Then through false reports and the like, we manipulate the two Sith Lords into confronting each others before they're ready, then we sit back and watch as the two fractions slaughter each others and afterwards we and our apparentice take care of any survivors of the battle, thus we now have only one Sith Lord left (and the Republic, eventually) :D.

Great idea. The reoccuring theme right now is turning people against each other in TSL, hopefully it can happen. There are so many possibilities of having an apprentice, hopefully we can get an apprentice.

Simple, you just can start to train someone as your apprentice when your alignment is fully light/dark, thus fully understandment of the force :)

Still that would take place more than halfway into the game. Anyway, *if* we 'have' apprentices; then I'm sure Avellone found a way to make it work seamlessly.

Now what could Akari have meant below? Anyone have an idea? Why the ' B) '? Does it mean:

B) = Sure, it's obvious, so it's no speculation

or

B) = Keep dreamin; you *become* apprentices, fools!

Will there be more than one apprentice per gender?

So you think you'll have apprentices, huh? That's interesting speculation. B)

-Akari

Zwangvolle Plage!

M