The Possibility of a delayed (2015) release

Does anybody really still care about missed release dates? With the kind of things Blizzard and Valve have been pulling for years now? :p

Yes.  Blizzard and WoW get passes because of their droves of braindead fanboi, I stopped caring what either of them release years ago.  If Sawyer doesn't deliver on time I am going to ... going to.... going....  Well it is going to be bad so he better make good!

• Like 1

a delayed release for a infinity engine like game? I doubt it. All you got to do is design a bunch of maps. Just pop up unity rpg maker 2014 edition and git gud. 

Not sure if serious.

Someone should try making a infinity engine game in rpg maker. Somehow make it work or even surpass the original game in entertainment lol. Copy all the maps and make them rpg maker style or knights of chalice like. Icewind dale would be a good choice. 

I wouldn't mind if they delayed it to 2015 really. Lost of KS games are doing it im more or less used to it. So long as the outcome is a damn polished product. Now if they gonna delay it to 2016+++ then, all hell will break loose.

I haven't had a decent rpg since Baldur's Gate or something... I can afford to wait a bit more...

In all honesty who here isn't going to be replaying this game several times? I've replayed all my favorite rpg's at least twice and this game, for me, is long anticipated. At this point, I'd wait an extra few months to know that it was completed and all possible content was added. It'll save me having to dl a patch later and/or waiting 13 years for a sequel like I have for Arcanum.

In all honesty who here isn't going to be replaying this game several times? I've replayed all my favorite rpg's at least twice and this game, for me, is long anticipated. At this point, I'd wait an extra few months to know that it was completed and all possible content was added. It'll save me having to dl a patch later and/or waiting 13 years for a sequel like I have for Arcanum.

I myself have gone through BG2 multiple times over the years to the point that I've lost track of just how many playthroughs I've had, so I'm with ya' there; I don't mind waiting on the off chance that there is a delay, because I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

Does anybody really still care about missed release dates? With the kind of things Blizzard and Valve have been pulling for years now? :p

I wouldn't use Blizzard as the Everyman Example.

I most certainly would not use Valve.

• Like 1

I wouldn't use Blizzard as the Everyman Example.

I most certainly would not use Valve.

Yeah... at least use a good example, like Duke Nukem Forever. 8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Actually i guess im one of the few that thought the 60 dollar wasteland 2 price was very honorable. The only reason it was that price was so that it was just a lil higher than if someone backed it in kickstarter. They were not trying to disrespect those people who helped with their wallet when nothing was offered against someone who comes along who didnt back it and make it possible and charge them the same price or less.

The 60 dollar pricetag wasnt there to slap in the face of the person who bought the early release, it was that price not to slap in the face the people who backed it in kickstarter.

Be very very careful with early access though.

you do realise they also put the game on discount during the most recent steam sale.....soooo

True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends but in the worth and choice

Actually i guess im one of the few that thought the 60 dollar wasteland 2 price was very honorable. The only reason it was that price was so that it was just a lil higher than if someone backed it in kickstarter. They were not trying to disrespect those people who helped with their wallet when nothing was offered against someone who comes along who didnt back it and make it possible and charge them the same price or less.

The 60 dollar pricetag wasnt there to slap in the face of the person who bought the early release, it was that price not to slap in the face the people who backed it in kickstarter.

Be very very careful with early access though.

you do realise they also put the game on discount during the most recent steam sale.....soooo

AFTER the beta access was given to all its orginal backers ;-) so while people who buy it through steam at a discount, a good one there for a min, the orginal backers got a nice bonus of free beta access.

so in my eyes it was still done in a good way :-)

AFTER the beta access was given to all its orginal backers ;-) so while people who buy it through steam at a discount, a good one there for a min, the orginal backers got a nice bonus of free beta access.

That is great and all, but if it releases for real (supposedly soon) at a 60 dollar price point they are going to find out no one will be buying their game.  I have played it, it isn't worth 60 dollars.  Honestly I would say it is a 20 dollar game at best.

Karkarov, on 13 Jul 2014 - 1:48 PM, said:

redneckdevil, on 13 Jul 2014 - 04:31 AM, said:

That is great and all, but if it releases for real (supposedly soon) at a 60 dollar price point they are going to find out no one will be buying their game.  I have played it, it isn't worth 60 dollars.  Honestly I would say it is a 20 dollar game at best.

The 60 dollar version includes additional goodies (OST, concept art etc.), as well as Early Access. There was a 30 dollar slacker backer option for just the digital game, available via inXile's own store, so I guess that's what the non-EA version (without the goodies?) will cost...?  60 dollars after release would indeed be way too steep, even more so if the full game is released in an unfinished state.

I can't help but think that playing a game before it's actually done is what beta access is for. If it's released on time just for the sake of being on time, then you're going to have to wait for post-release patches and stuff anyways.

This statement is false.

That is great and all, but if it releases for real (supposedly soon) at a 60 dollar price point they are going to find out no one will be buying their game. I have played it, it isn't worth 60 dollars. Honestly I would say it is a 20 dollar game at best.

Its not gonna be released at a 60 dollar price, but if it is then yes i agree 60 dollars would be to expensive imo for just a base game.

While i agree W2 isn't as good as they promised, what a game is "worth" differs from person to person.I agree W2 would be a 20 dollar game for me, but for someone else it could be worth the 60$ price. Mass Effects are "worth" 10$ max for me, and TES 0$, but there are many people who would consider an 150$ Collector's Edition money worth spent.

So even if W2 came at a 60$ price, i have no doubt it would sale. Not as much as if it were 40$, but that is true for all games.