Hoops 14-15

Rosbjerg

I'm eagerly awaiting the awkward Dan Gilbert/LeBron handshake, better yet, hug.  Please God, let it be an awkward hug!

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Egads! Lebron AND Johnny Football in Cleveland now.

It's The Center of the Sports Universe now.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I guess going back home and raising his family was enough to ignore the fact he is going to play for a wananbe slaver and ana round piece of crap like Gilbert. There's a part of me that kind of hopes CLE goes nowhere because Gilbert deserves crap all.. but, I like Lebron and if they stumble people will just trash him.

"On that note, will the owner of the Cavs apologize for that nasty letter calling James a coward 4 years ago."

I'm sure he has while he was begging for James to come back. Though, I'm surprised this guy would want a 'quitter' on his payroll. Of coruse James never quit. James doesn't know how to quit.  Gilbert is a friggin' coward, has no standards, no balls, is a hypocrite, and is an all around piece of crap.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My favorite team is the Knicks. Always has been. My favorite player amongst current players is Lebron James. there is no bandwagon jumping.But,s till, L0L.

You should have a form for bandwagon haters, too.

Immediate repercussions:

Looks like Bosh to Houston.

Houston will match Dallas for Parsons.

Lin to LA Lakers.

Cleveland is now going after Kevin Love.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

I thought Lin was going to PHI. that was quick to change.  I know Nash is an old geezer but that gives Lakers two capable (when healthy) starting PGs. Hmm..

Houston wants to trade Lin to LA to clear space for Bosh and Parsons. The Lakers can absorb Lin's contract.

Houston doesn't need to clear space for Parsons if they sign him before Bosh.

Yeah, but they'd have to give up Wiggins though. love is really good but  giving up a player who may end up a top 5 center is tough.

Some big moves in the west. Suddenly it seems like the Grizz are standing still.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This leaves D-Wade out in the cold, doesn't it?  He opted out and I highly doubt anyone will offer him a max contract or anywhere near that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

This leaves D-Wade out in the cold, doesn't it?  He opted out and I highly doubt anyone will offer him a max contract or anywhere near that.

I think he is a Heat lifer anyway. He'll get more from them than anyone else because suddenly they are going to have attendance problems. The Miami sports fans are VERY fickle about supporting teams that fall on hard times. Not a lot of loyalty there. Keeping Wade in house will help even if his contributions are more about perception than reality these days.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Immediate repercussions:

Houston will match Dallas for Parsons.

Still to be determined. Lorey was stupid for not picking up the team option for Parsons, though. But I REALLY hope they don't match.

Edited by Inyourprime

I gotta say, LeBron's move back to Cleveland is a pretty shrewd one.  If he wins even one championship with the Cavs every single piece of bad blood stemming from The Decision will be forgotten by everyone in Cleveland and Akron and the surrounding areas, much of it has been forgotten already just with him choosing to go back.  A title win in Cleveland makes him a hero and a legend in his hometown area forever and ever and ever.  He will be treated like a God there for the rest of his life.  Plus, it's a better basketball situation, frankly.  Cleveland, with LeBron, has a pretty doggone good team to put out on the court.  If they can get K-Love, they become a juggernaut.  They may have to give up Wiggins to do it, but if it was up to me and I couldn't avoid giving up Wiggins to get Love, I'd still do it in a heartbeat.  Wiggins may become a top 10 player in the league someday.  Love is a top 10 player in the league right now and in the prime of his career.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 1m

Meanwhile in Houston, I'm told the Rockets have not made up their minds on whether or not to match Dallas' offer sheet on Chandler Parsons

Hah. Your ****ed now, Morey. I know they don't want to pay Parsons that much money. It's an overpay, but not really a bad contract for the Mavs if they do get him. The bottom line is they need to get younger at the SF position.

Yep. Morey botched it.

Then again, if I was Pat Riley, Evil Mastermind, why the hell would I offer Bosh a max deal -5 years $118 million?? Dude is past his prime and even he admitted that he's gone soft in his "old" age.

Well atleast the real free agency period has started now that Lebron is no longer holding the 30 teams hostage.

Yeah, Bosh is not worth the max, he never was, even at his peak.  He's a star, not a superstar, player who's at the very tail end of his prime.  Now, in Miami, they have Bosh, presumably a broken down Wade, maybe the corpse of Ray Allen, and a bunch of nothing.  I'd be surprised if that team makes the playoffs, even in the East, next year, unless Darth Riley has some kind of Jedi Sith Mind Trick up his ass to get a big time player to come over and take less money.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ray won't be there for long. The only reason he hasn't retired yet is because he wants to play with LeBron. If he does end up playing next year, it's in Cleveland. And I think Riley is trying to save face now. Overpay for Bosh and the same might happen with Wade too. Haslem isn't even entertaining offers from other teams, so he's coming back as well. Melo isn't going there because LeBron isn't there. So yeah...

It was smart of Bosh to take that deal, though. With Bosh, the Rockets are better than the Heat. But still... even on a Houston team, the west is still loaded.