Obsidian's (rumoured) next kickstarter, what would you want to see?

Arcoss

Next KS  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Original or licensed property?

• Original IP
    • Licensed IP
    • I don't mind either way
  2. 2. Which Combat system would you prefer?

• Real time with pause
    • Turn based
    • I don't mind either way
  3. 3. Which setting would you most like to see

"And Wild West or Weird West would be cool"

we has asked for similar in the past. but is no need to limit to the west... or even the traditional late 1800s "wild west" period. in retrospect, am actual preferring the mid 1800s US. underground railroad. us-mexican war. pony express. plains indians wars. civil war. california gold rush. utah war. transcontinental railroad. etc. a relative brief period from 1840-1870 offers extreme rich options for a setting in what is now the continental US. throw in magic and/or steampunk... maybe alter history a bit, and you gots limitless possibilities. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh yeah, there's more out there than just the 1880-1890 period (although a game during the Klondike Gold rush could be interesting now that I think about it).  There's some good story material to mine possibilities from in that western history.  The Mexican war for independence followed by the Texas Revolution followed by the US Mexican-War period would make a good lengthy backdrop period too (1810-1846)

Actually makes me wonder...1800s-1830s in South America could be interesting as well (Brazil becoming an independent kingdom, then Portugal trying to regain control, Argentina civil war, Peru initially as a staunch colonist and then the Bolivar revolution, Chile, Bolivia and Ecuador all fought for independence during this time, IIRC).  Throw in the ancient cultures, contemporary ethnic cultures, the descendants of the Conquistadors and you have a pretty interesting period to work with.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A post civil-war alternate history game set in the Confederacy as they attempt expansion into Mexico and Cuba would be interesting.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A post civil-war alternate history game set in the Confederacy as they attempt expansion into Mexico and Cuba would be interesting.

we would prefer 1860 pre-civil war as most o' the conflicts exist w/o any o' the resolutions.  that being said, US anywhere/anywhen 'tween 1840 and 1870 would makes us happy with the setting.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

we would prefer 1860 pre-civil war as most o' the conflicts exist w/o any o' the resolutions.  that being said, US anywhere/anywhen 'tween 1840 and 1870 would makes us happy with the setting.

HA! Good Fun!

But, but....how can anyone be the chosen one, destined to save the world in that setting?  ;(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Not using American history would be even more interesting! :p

• Like 3

I voted Original IP and Cyberpunk, with no preference to the combat style. 

People have mentioned Cyberpunk 2070 and Shadowrun Returns as reasons not to do a Cyberpunk RPG, which is fair I suppose. Sadly though, I thought SRR was very shallow, short, and linear... Plus, while I know Shadowrun is cyberpunk, all of the fantasy stuff really makes it feel silly to me. I am definitely excited to see more about 2070, but I'm not one of the CDP faithful. I thought the first Witcher game was awful, and the second while quite good, still had tons of things I disliked.

I just think cyberpunk feels like something Obsidian could do well. But really, I would be happy with pretty much any setting... Other than "traditional" fantasy. :)

Edited by Noviere