SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

On a completely unrelated note, finally got the datacrons on Tattooine yesterday (for my Sith Warrior). Whoever came up with those ideas has a perverse sense of humour. Shared first part of the balloon ride with a pair of jedis. At least I think they both were. Both got tired after only a few minutes (I suspect it must have been night time whereever they were). Anyway, found a relative safe "procedure" for my Sith Warrior to jump down to the strength datacron. There was much relief not having to do that one again anytime soon. Still haven't found a single one on Nar Shaddaa (I know where one is, but I just can't find a foothold on the floating thing).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was on Nar Shaddaa tonight and grabbed three of them.

What floating thing are you talking about? The Kiosk in the Corella sector?

Yeah, tried it three times so far. I get up on top of it, but it seems like you have to land on the edges of it. My character lands on the little "spire/antenna" thing in the middle of the kiosk, do some weird on the spot animations and is magically teleported down to ground level. Didn't have the patience to wait for it to float by a 4th time to see if I could hit the flat parts better ;)

Edit: I assume it's the kiosk I have to jump onto, but that's based on what I overheard on general chat. I think I got the Taris ones and the Balmorra ones except one. Never figured out how to get the one in the Colicoid queens nest. It just sits there and mocks me with being plainly visible and not accessible. I assume its some round about way like the one under the medical center on Taris. Some day, I'll stumble upon the start of the path it.

On Alderaan, I need to get to the one that looks like it's up on the dam wall. Haven't found any on Belsavis or Corellia yet (spent too little time there being the noob I am).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That's interesting. You shouldn't be falling through it at all. The entire thing is solid so you should be fine wherever you land. 

If you're talking about the Republic side Balmora for the Queen's Nest, the entrance is in the same building. There's a little gap in the wall hidden behind an alien goo pile. Next time you're there, just hug the wall as you walk around the building and you'll find it.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I've landed on top of it 3 times so far. Did this weird "jittery" animation thing (like when you get stuck between rocks) for a second or two and then "poof!" was standing in a nearby location on the street again. Then I gave up :(

Wrapped up my Consular's class storyline, finished it at 51st level..  Not going to stress about pushing along to Ilum or Makeb or the like just yet. Although as a healer, could probably start up flashpoints and potentially ops on the group waiting list. I still haven't actually run in any operations yet on any toon.

Think I might take some time to focus on my Imp Agent for a bit now, ready to hit Nar Shadda for that one. Although also have a Rep Trooper about to hit Taris I could work on.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm in a slightly similar situation Raithe... no burning urge to go on to those places yet, rather finish some of the other character story lines.

Next time you're there, just hug the wall as you walk around the building and you'll find it.

Next time??? I think I'm going to send my trooper and my smuggler girl back on a visit. I can't remember if I need to pick up a heroic to get access to the room, but even if, it should be easy enough, being level 53 and 44 respectively :)

Hm, as I recall you don't need to pick up any mission to get access to that room. But the final stage of a mission bonus leads you there, but you can access it at any time. The trick is that in the room with the queen there's an entrance on the left hand side (as you enter) that is pretty much a secret hideaway. Or it's a trick of perception so it's bloody hard to notice it there unless you're practically on top of it. It leads to a corridor that winds around, but it's annoying because unless you have stealth it's a gauntlet of strong colicoids ever few feet. Kind of like the Willpower datacron on Tattooine with it's series of strong Tusken Raiders along a narrow route.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There's a similar trick in the Alderaan palace... not sure if you got that one.

For me, YouTube was my friend for all XD. Still have to do the 2 Makeb ones though...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Nice. Got a little pet droid and a speeder in the mail today. The speeder actually looks like something out of a Star Wars movie :)

While surfing high on nostalgia and watching old KotOR and KotOR II-videos on youtube, i stumbled upon this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfZ6NjRSrk

I never followed the story on ToR and gave up the moment i heard it was a MMO, but seriously what kind of hack wrote this ****? I mean jesus....was this always known in the ToR community?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

While surfing high on nostalgia and watching old KotOR and KotOR II-videos on youtube, i stumbled upon this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfZ6NjRSrk

I never followed the story on ToR and gave up the moment i heard it was a MMO, but seriously what kind of hack wrote this ****? I mean jesus....was this always known in the ToR community?

What are you specifically mad about? Revan's characterization? 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

The foundry bits don't tell the whole story either afaik. There's a flashpoint on the republic side, maelstrom prison I believe, that takes place before it and has more of that story. Haven't actually played that one myself though.

I know they were optional flashpoints, but yes, they did make me cringe a bit ;)

A shame, as they were otherwise quite well done with some interesting encounters and "bosses" right up until the end. I guess they belong to the category "thought experiment" or better yet, "pretend it never happened".

I find Colonel Daksh more of a pain to fight than HK as more often than not, people are not aware of the purpose of the crates (to break LOS when he starts targeting people with laser optics). You can try to explain it to people and still wipe a few times before they grudgingly start taking cover behind the crates.

I thought the Revan part was rather well done in republic side flashpoints, even if he looked like Space Jesus. It was the Exile's part that was crap: buxom force ghost that is in love with Revan and nothing else.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

What are you specifically mad about? Revan's characterization? 

For someone that had trancended the dark and light side of the force, it was written as he had just read a book about the subject. But yeah, the characterization, being in statis for 300 years, the relationship with the exile, uuuuurgh. 

The writiing quality was more like a fan fiction than anything.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Anyway, it cost me some credits, but I got the rest of Marka Ragnos robe.

Congrats, that can't have been cheap. Not sure I would have done it if I hadn't already gotten the majority of the parts in the hypercrate (IIRC, I only needed the gloves for a complete set).

I would like to just try an operations some day. As usual, timezone is a major stumbling block (not something I would try first time through GF) :)

Another Red Eclipser here... now you only need... 5 more XD

Also Ops should never be done through the GF... Sadly, Fleet general chat is the main place. Also for everything you don't want to hear.

Sadly, even after all this time in development, they never had the wisdom yet to seperate fleet generic chat and the ops-recruiment chat. I even made a suggestion for it to be server-wide, since that could allow people 55 just to go wherever they want, then teleport back if they have a group.

Alas, general chat it is :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I would love to take you up on your offers guys, but back when we got kicked out of our home, we could chose to move characters to any (non Apac) server. I started out with sending a low level character to a bunch of servers, US West Coast, US East Coast and Europe (including Red Eclipse). Sadly none of them had good latency (i.e. "lag"), but the west coast servers were the least bad. Even if I wanted to, I don't think the normal character transfer allows for intercontinental transfers (the Apac migration being abnormal as it allowed migration of any and all characters, even those below level 10) ;)