US debt default

Rostere

“I think Barack knew that he had God-given talents that were extraordinary. He knows exactly how smart he is. . . . He knows how perceptive he is. He knows what a good reader of people he is. And he knows that he has the ability — the extraordinary, uncanny ability — to take a thousand different perspectives, digest them and make sense out of them, and I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. . . . So what I sensed in him was not just a restless spirit but somebody with such extraordinary talents that had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy. . . . He’s been bored to death his whole life. He’s just too talented to do what ordinary people do.”

See, Obama isn't incompetent, he's just can't be arsed to worry about the trivial problems of mere mortals.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/362203/obamas-valerie-jarrett-often-whispered-about-never-challenged-john-fund

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

“I think Barack knew that he had God-given talents that were extraordinary. He knows exactly how smart he is. . . . He knows how perceptive he is. He knows what a good reader of people he is. And he knows that he has the ability — the extraordinary, uncanny ability — to take a thousand different perspectives, digest them and make sense out of them, and I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. . . . So what I sensed in him was not just a restless spirit but somebody with such extraordinary talents that had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy. . . . He’s been bored to death his whole life. He’s just too talented to do what ordinary people do.”

See, Obama isn't incompetent, he's just can't be arsed to worry about the trivial problems of mere mortals.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/362203/obamas-valerie-jarrett-often-whispered-about-never-challenged-john-fund

Is it just me or is her gushing praise of him just a little too much like something the North Koeans say about the three Kims?

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sorry. wrong topic!

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is it just me or is her gushing praise of him just a little too much like something the North Koeans say about the three Kims?

According to the article, it's the key to longevity in the current White House. I guess it's also the key to longevity in NK.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Hurlie, I think it is far, far worse than you are willing to admit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFC1qFCgyA

Thomas Sowell

Hurlie, I think it is far, far worse than you are willing to admit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJFC1qFCgyA

This is just as scary :p

http://youtu.be/2ucv1-PJVT4

Actually I think Obama is better as a symbol than he is as a president.  It's still a huge deal that we have a minority in the White House, it's a tremendous step forward compared to where we were 50 years ago.  Presidents come and go, and their legacy is usually only clear after a couple decades, but in 200 years it will still be a huge deal that we finally had a black president.

Just as bad. As for him being a symbol, screw that. He's a lousy president who has damaged his country in ways that few of his predecessors can match. The fact that he's black or that he's the first should not in any way taint what his real legacy would be. When people at the VFW, men who have taken up arms in defense of this nation are openly talking about state secession you know things are going poorly. I do not know how history will remember Obama, but if the country does fracture at some point I think it will be said he presided over a big step in that direction.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I think the thing I despise about Obama is that he's not a million miles away from me. he's better educated, and more driven, and he's overcome racial prejudice. But he's basically intellectual and motivated to achieve public good.

But the really important thing he's not accepted is one simple truth: the man who won't make enemies has no friends.

Being President is not a popularity contest, and it's not a debating forum. But he treats it as both. Consequently he has failed to cancel domestic programs like the NSA tapping, or Gitmo, which go against his ethics just because he doesn't want new domestic enemies. He's also refused to back countries like Britain on the Falklands for fear of making new enemies. All this does is lose people who are already friends.

Yet who has he actually converted? I'd challenge anyone to name a single new US _ally_.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just as bad. As for him being a symbol, screw that. He's a lousy president who has damaged his country in ways that few of his predecessors can match. The fact that he's black or that he's the first should not in any way taint what his real legacy would be. When people at the VFW, men who have taken up arms in defense of this nation are openly talking about state secession you know things are going poorly. I do not know how history will remember Obama, but if the country does fracture at some point I think it will be said he presided over a big step in that direction.

The Patriot Act is what has damaged this country.  I blame him for not appealing it, but it existed before he got in office.  The guy couldn't even get an assault weapons ban to go through after Sandy Hook, he's no mastermind of political power.  

The only other thing he even has going on is the health care system, and that is totally overblown as an issue.  

I also am not going after Bush about the Patriot Act.  It was a response to a terrible incident.  It just shouldn't be a permanent measure. 

At the point where something is called The Patriot Act I get ****ing suspicious.

If it is clearly and coherently something that patriots will support then it doesn't need to have that in the title.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As Walsh said, he hasn't really done anything definitive. His only legacy, the healthcare plan, was a result of downright idiotic compromise. Compare to FDR, who left office atleast with such a legacy that could leave his idealogic opponents wrothing for a lifetime. 

Fun fact: When Jessie Owens won his four gold medals, he waved to Hitler, and Hitler waved back at him. FDR refused to meet up with Jessie or even acknowledge him.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But he's basically intellectual and motivated to achieve public good.

No Wals, he is not motivated to achieve public good He is motivated to advance an ideological agenda. If we have ever had a president who actually gave a damn about the public good I sure couldn't name him. What Obama wants is to create a permanent underclass that can be made dependent on government handouts and can then be exploited for political purposes and ensure electoral victories for the left. Case in point, his next "big thing" will be immigration reform. Or in other words amnesty and citizenship for illegals. If I were congress, and I offered him a bill for signature that gave him amnesty and instant citizenship for every illegal immigrant in the country with the only caveat that they would not be permitted to vote, do you think he'd sign it? No, he would not because he doesn't give a f--k about them except how they can be used for electora; proposes.

But the really important thing he's not accepted is one simple truth: the man who won't make enemies has no friends.

Being President is not a popularity contest, and it's not a debating forum. But he treats it as both. Consequently he has failed to cancel domestic programs like the NSA tapping, or Gitmo, which go against his ethics just because he doesn't want new domestic enemies. He's also refused to back countries like Britain on the Falklands for fear of making new enemies. All this does is lose people who are already friends.

Yet who has he actually converted? I'd challenge anyone to name a single new US _ally_.

Not only has he not cancelled the surveillance programs he's using them to spy on his own people n now. He's spying on reporters, raiding their homes, seizing their notes. He has the IRS persecuting his political enemies, especially the Tea Party. He has practically turned them into his own secret police and to date, despite being caught red handed at it, there has not been a single firing or resignation. He's been caught spying on the leaders of Brazil & Germany and his administrations response has been the height of arrogance. And that is not even getting into the domestic "data mining" that is going on right here at home. Instead of Big Brother we have Barack Obama watching us. His DHS puts out a memo stating them me and people like me, veterans and patriots, were likely terrorists deserving of special scrutiny by the police. Meanwhile he refuses to call actual terrorists what they are. He sat on his ass and watched an embassy get sacked and ambassador and his security staff get murdered by people he won't call terrorists and then blames, arrests and imprisons an American citizen who had nothing at all to do with it. Then he stonewalls the investigations and threatens everyone who knew anything about testifying. He wants to negotiate with Iran and refuses to negotiate with his own countrymen when it came to the budget.

He has certainly made enemies, and most of them are right here. And I can happily count myself among them. I would not piss on that despicable man if he were on fire.

Everything I've listed is true and while he may not be the one responsible for doing it all, it was all done in his name and 95% of it with his personal approval. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The Patriot Act is what has damaged this country.  I blame him for not appealing it, but it existed before he got in office.  The guy couldn't even get an assault weapons ban to go through after Sandy Hook, he's no mastermind of political power.  

The only other thing he even has going on is the health care system, and that is totally overblown as an issue.  

I also am not going after Bush about the Patriot Act.  It was a response to a terrible incident.  It just shouldn't be a permanent measure. 

Do you know why we (speaking for all gun owners here) will not tolerate a "reasonable" gun control bill to pass? Because there ultimate goal is to take every gun away from us. That is why we will fight every single one tooth and nail no matter how "reasonable" it sounds.  

As for the Patriot Act, every member of Congress who voted for that should have been dragged out of the Capitol and the end of a rope. The day that passed is one of the darker days in our history. More so for the way it is being used against us today.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

At the point where something is called The Patriot Act I get ****ing suspicious.

If it is clearly and coherently something that patriots will support then it doesn't need to have that in the title.

America runs on literality. Every word in the bible is literally true; every word of the Constitution is literally applicable; every dollar of national debt is a literal representation of incompetence; there is literally an invisible hand guiding capital markets; bills, laws, ideas and intent are all literally good for the nation if they have a simple, positive title. Context, nuance, and translation have literally no place in America.   

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

America runs on literality. Every word in the bible is literally true; every word of the Constitution is literally applicable; every dollar of national debt is a literal representation of incompetence; there is literally an invisible hand guiding capital markets; bills, laws, ideas and intent are all literally good for the nation if they have a simple, positive title. Context, nuance, and translation have literally no place in America.

That is very negative. Unfortunately, it is also very true.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, yeah, every word in a law has to be literally applicable, else the law is meaningless, and you don't have rule of law (another thing Obama doesn't care for, I'm starting to think he really is a Marxist).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point here, but the law isn't literally applicable, it's interpretive.

In our Common Law system, yes. If we had a Civil Law system, that wouldn't be the case.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No, dance is interpretive. Law has to be interpreted, but you do have to apply every word, you can never say "don't take the law literally", you can say it's ambiguous how the law applies to a given situation.

Edit: New 60 minutes report on Benghazi : http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/10/60-minutes-confirms-benghazi-is-a-real-scandal-and-youve-been-lied-to/

transcript here : http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57609479/60-minutes-benghazi/

About 30 minutes into the attack, a quick reaction force from the CIA Annex ignored orders to wait and raced to the compound, at times running and shooting their way through the streets just to get there. Inside the compound, they repelled a force of as many as 60 armed terrorists and managed to save five American lives and recover the body of Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. They were forced to fight their way out before they could find the ambassador.

Any of you still contemplating voting for Hillary, what the hell's wrong with you?

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

...waiting for the day when the legal system becomes fully automated and works without human intervention! :disguise:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

...waiting for the day when the legal system becomes fully automated and works without human intervention! :disguise:

That day will be when cars also become fully automated. I'm sensibly direct with most issues, but when the self-driving Neo Prius horde takes over, I will literally Hulk into a loud-mouthed internal combustion alarmist.  TAKE BACK THE WHEEL 

All Stop. On Screen.

No, dance is interpretive. Law has to be interpreted, but you do have to apply every word, you can never say "don't take the law literally", you can say it's ambiguous how the law applies to a given situation.

I'll cheerfully defer if our legally trained members disagree, but I was always taught that the law HAS to be interpretive in order to deliver justice. Because laws cannot possibly be drafted to account for every circumstance in which they might apply.

If WoD does in fact attempt to apply the law without conscience or referring to circumstance then I can only pray nightly that I never have to work with him or for him.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

That day will be when cars also become fully automated. I'm sensibly direct with most issues, but when the self-driving Neo Prius horde takes over, I will literally Hulk into a loud-mouthed internal combustion alarmist.  TAKE BACK THE WHEEL 

Oh man, I can't wait until driving is automated.  I'm in my car about 2 hours a day, most of it highway.  I could do so much with that time.

About 30 minutes into the attack, a quick reaction force from the CIA Annex ignored orders to wait and raced to the compound, at times running and shooting their way through the streets just to get there. Inside the compound, they repelled a force of as many as 60 armed terrorists and managed to save five American lives and recover the body of Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. They were forced to fight their way out before they could find the ambassador.

Any of you still contemplating voting for Hillary, what the hell's wrong with you?

So. Obvious warnings of an attack were ignored, requests to arm security personnel was denied, and once the attack was happening the CIA crew on the scene were denied to intervene.

So do you attribute this to incompetence, or...?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"