Yager Games

Katphood

I think that reinforces the idea of silent judgements and choice in direct judgements. You and I reacted differently, came to different conclusions, but both felt they fit well with the narratives and themes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Are we to discuss Yager, of which we have little detail or knowledge of their next project, or are we to create from whole cloth FPS game ideas we'd like to see?

Both...or none.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Are we to discuss Yager, of which we have little detail or knowledge of their next project, or are we to create from whole cloth FPS game ideas we'd like to see?

It's pretty clear from the OP that this thread's actually "this obscure company should make my ideal dream FPS, let me tell you all about it."

It's pretty clear from the OP that this thread's actually "this obscure company should make my ideal dream FPS, let me tell you all about it."

I see no reason why not to derail this thread, after all when has a thread stayed on point? With the one about pictures of pretty girls being the exception.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Did you guys had been spoiled before or why the refuse of using white phosphorus bombing? I didn't know what would happen afterwards, so I did it without any moral doubt. After all I am using stuff like nuclear bombs and such in other games as well, so why should I rage-stop the game here now? Seems a bit hypocritical.

It was only after everything was done that I realized what exactly happened, but before that, it never crossed my mind to stop playing simply because I had the task to mortar the shait out of them.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I tend to be spoiled on plots of games before I play them. But I don't know if I was spoiled on white phosphorous in advance or not.

I do know that I don't tend to do things blindly. I've been trained against attacking everything just because it's red (or white in this case). And the way the game was set up you could clearly see who were soldiers firing at you, then you see this trench of people who are just standing there. And I noticed it wouldn't let me progress until I hit them. You even hit them a little and the entire trench goes up.

It was kind of awkward yeah. But like I said, I felt I'd give them the chance to do something interesting with that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Shot jokes but nobody makes one about their first game literary being called Yager.

I still have my Yager CD, I really liked that game

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

, after all when has a thread stayed on point

True dat

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oh I did. It's really nothing special.

You obviously didn't get the deep themes.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh I did. It's really nothing special.

You obviously didn't get the deep themes.

:biggrin:

It's one thing to say the themes fell flat, but to deny their existence is not a good sign for Morgie.  Comparing it to Gears of War is quite a stretch. 

...a many splendored thing
it's the April rose
that only grows in the early spring...

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I just finished Spec Ops The Line.

I chose to shoot Walker at first, and that was pretty satisfying.  Then I played through the other ending (Or is there a third?) where Walker survives and gets rescued.  

I gotta say, this is the best shooter I've probably ever played.  I'm not a fan of the genre for the most part, but this one told a story that I found compelling.  It helped that it wasn't long.  

• Like 1