Hoops 13-14

Leferd

"If there was ever a team that gets more snubs or disrespect when considering how good they truly are, it's the Spurs."

Sure you did.

I know I surely respect the Spurs for what they've accomplished and no one snubs them.

If anything, MIA is the one constantly snubbed, slighted, and disrespected. I mean, IND was the 'favorite' to beat them before the season started, Durrrrrrrrlosssssssss is somehow MVP and somehow 'better' than Lebron all of assudden.

People go on about how OKC has won without the true OKC MVP but let's not forget Lebronnnnnnnn has led his Heat mates to a 11-1 record  in the last 13 games without Wade. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bah, point is moot. Warriors will end the Spurs streak tonight and claim the Championship belt.

Streak Level = 19  ;)

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hahahaha! I knew there was a reason why I like Marcin Gortat.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

And OKC has stripped San Antonio of the Championship Belt!!

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

Spurs Win

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!  

Thunder Win

:biggrin:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Look at that. The 'favorites' get beat up. And, even though he had 28 points, Durant didn't even shoot well.. yet SA still lost. HAHAHAA!

'Favorites'... :p

• Like 1

More important than the W, the Thunder got Reggie Jackson (who was only out a few games) and Kendrick Perkins (who's been out a month and a half) back tonight.  Thabo Sefolosha is still out.  Hopefully he comes back before the regular season is over.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Huskies looking good against the Gators so far.  UCONN's defense is playing at an incredibly high level.  Long way to go still, though.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Huskies win!  The Huskies win!  BAH GAWD the Huskies win!

UCONN was down 16-4 at the start of the game, from that point forward UCONN straight up dominated Florida.  Their defense was magnificent.  Florida had 3 assists...  as a team...  for the entire game.  3 assists.  Total.  How is that even possible?

Now for the late game.  Let's go Badgers!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Man, that Kentucky/Wisconsin game was exciting.  Not the result I would have preferred, but it was a really fun game to watch.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It was interesting listening to Rex Chapman's blatantl pro-Kentucky homerism. At least they were upfront about it. Hahaha.

It's a weird case now of two relatively low seeded teams meeting in the championship that arrived at those seedings in completely different ways.  Kentucky is a team loaded with raw talent that thoroughly underachieved all season long, to the point that there was a question a few weeks before the tourney of whether they would even get in.  Based on perceived talent they were seeded much too low, based on their performance during the season, they were seeded too high.  UCONN, on the other hand, is a team that was perceived to be fairly devoid of talent beyond Shabazz Napier, but it's a team that performed pretty well during the season.  Based on perceived talent they were seeded about right, based on their performance during the season they were seeded much too low.  Of course, all that seeding business doesn't mean anything anymore.  Might as well be two #1 seeds playing, after all they're still here while everybody else is watching at home.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

THE HUSKIES WIN!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  NATIONAL CHAMPS BAYBAYYYYYYY!

UConnHusky-Logo.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Huskies are now unquestionably the best team of this generation:  National Champions 1999, 2004, 2011, 2014.  That's one helluva 15 year span.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So, I guess Timofey Mozgov had a pretty good night:

timofey-mozgov.jpeg

29 rebounds is super impressive, but never mind that, check out the 93 points!   :lol: 

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

With the NBA season in its final week or so, here are my season awards:

MVP - Kevin Durant  He's had a MONSTER season.  He's been statistically better than LeBron (I'm going to keep comparing him to LeBron because, quite frankly, no one else is even in KD's or LeBron's league right now, those 2 are in a separate category from every other player) in the vast majority of metrics.  Both have had to carry big loads this season (LeBron with Wade missing many games over various stretches of the season and KD with Westbrook missing half the season) but LeBron has done it on a team that could take nights off and coast since they were going to get a top 2 seed pretty much no matter what (looks like they'll stumble into a 1 seed because Indiana's engines are on fire and they are nosediving into the side of a mountain) while KD has had to do it in a ultra competitive Western Conference and with a tougher strength of schedule and they will still wind up with a better record than Miami.  Durant has been heavily defended the entire season (especially in the absence of Russ), being double teamed pretty much constantly, and has still put up an insanely efficient 51-40-87 split while scoring a mind boggling 32 points a night.  Even LeBron himself has said that KD has been more consistent this season in what fell just short of a concession speech.

Coach of the Year - Gregg Popovich  Guided the Spurs to the best record in the NBA despite Kawhi missing about 15 games and with Duncan and Ginobli now in their late 30s.  Incredible.  Just Incredible.

Defensive Player of the Year - Joakim Noah  The guy is just all over the floor, pestering players and messing up the opposing team's offensive flow.  The Bulls rank at or near the top of many defensive categories, and he's the main reason why.

Rookie of the Year - Michael Carter-Williams  While he's cooled off from his blazing hot beginning of the year, he's still been the best of the rookies over the course of the year.  My only hesitation is because he plays on such a horrendously bad team, but he's been so much better than everyone else that I have no choice but to give it to him.

Most Improved Player - Anthony Davis  I went back and forth between him and Lance Stephenson, but the Pacers made it easy for me when their reactor overloaded and they went into meltdown mode.  The Unibrow's improvement this year has been staggering.

First Team All-NBA - Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Joakim Noah, James Harden, Stephen Curry  KD, LBJ, Noah, and Harden are no-brainers.  While Steph is a defensive liability, he's been a MONSTER on the offensive side of the ball and has played the entire season, whereas CP3 has missed too many games for me to give him the final spot.

Second Team All-NBA - Blake Griffin, Paul George, Al Jefferson, Goran Dragic, Chris Paul

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

James is true MVP though he won't win it because theyw ere never gonna allow him to win 3 in a row. His 'concession speech' is a joke. And, how is Howard not best defensive player or on either all NBA team? Yeah, he's been injured for a little while but he's clearly the best defensive player. James should have won this award the last 2 seasons but undersatndable he won't get it this time. I think the Toronto coach should get Coach of the Year. Pop is a great coach but he also has some fantastic players. Raps not so much.

Dwight Howard can't be the DPOY when the Rockets' overall Defensive Rating is 13th in the NBA at 106.1 per 100 possessions.

The three best defensive players this year are Noah, George, and Bogut and it's close.

The defensive player of the year has to have enough of an impact to at least make his team a good defensive team.

The KD v Lebron watch: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=duranke01&y1=2014&p2=jamesle01&y2=2014