Godus

NOK222

So Godus is like the first game I funded that I have now. And it kind of blows, even if it is in Beta. 

You have to wast points in order to move so much land just to get that one treasure chest in order to progress. It's difficult to destroy houses so they can built more modern ones. Town Center's rising prices are ridiculous. 

So yeah, they need to make moving land free so the game can be fun and not frustrating. The other grievances can be dealt with. Hopefully this game gets better once it's off beta

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

So Godus is like the first game I funded that I have now. And it kind of blows, even if it is in Beta. 

You have to wast points in order to move so much land just to get that one treasure chest in order to progress. It's difficult to destroy houses so they can built more modern ones. Town Center's rising prices are ridiculous. 

So yeah, they need to make moving land free so the game can be fun and not frustrating. The other grievances can be dealt with. Hopefully this game gets better once it's off beta

I watched TotalBiscuit's take on it, he pretty much said the same thing. It doesn't look like a bad game concept though, the idea seems pretty sweet but it needs a touch-up and a massive speed-up.

Isn't Beta about player opinion/feedback as much as it is about bug removal?

Yeah, I already sent them my opinion.

One good critique. There are these "battles" that happen and they don't take place in the same open world you've been working on. These are fun, it's like the game but sped up. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

That's another one that I looked at on Steam's early access. When I watch the preview video, it looks awesome, but at this point I know it's best - at least for me - to wait until there's a finished product/reviews.

I still believe Molyneux could/can make good games, if he could reign in his personal ambitions/visions just a little bit to fit into more realistic boxes. Or something. Hopefully he listens to the feedback. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, I imagine we will see this in certain KS projects. Question from my side, why would you want to play a game like this in Beta. Aren't you guaranteed to experience bugs?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, I imagine we will see this in certain KS projects. Question from my side, why would you want to play a game like this in Beta. Aren't you guaranteed to experience bugs?

Strangely, no real bugs as of now, just frustrating game features that could theoretically be fixed. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I think the last Molyneux game I bought and played was Populous on the Amiga, late 80'es/early 90'es. Great game. Never really associated his name with until many years later though.

There always seemed to be a bit of controversy around the guy (and what's his name, the other fella, Derek Smart or some such, doing a game called Battlecruiser).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Strangely, no real bugs as of now, just frustrating game features that could theoretically be fixed. 

Okay I see what you mean, I suppose that's worse as the bad game design is by choice :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think that they start sculpting level too low. Because when you get all sculpting god powers that they have in beta sculpting becomes much faster and easier as you can move ten levels of terrain at same time.

What I most dislike currently is digging, because it need dozens of clicks to get through several levels of terrain which is just annoying as you need dig up those resource chests.

Another thing that is bit frustrating is how fast your followers die when they are exploring if you don't have totem up, which of course is emphasized by all the bugs that currently obsess totem system (like pathfinding bugs, totem disappearing when you go in multiplayer, story mode or restart the game).

But overall I have enjoyed my time with beta. Hopeful this weeks content patch make it possible to get bronze age without dozens multiplayer matches (multiplayer is fun but currently there is too few players, especially as you can only play with your friends in steam) and fixes some of those pathfinding bugs.

I think that they start sculpting level too low. Because when you get all sculpting god powers that they have in beta sculpting becomes much faster and easier as you can move ten levels of terrain at same time.

Really? I didn't know this was possible. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Really? I didn't know this was possible. 

Yup, you get better level sculpting powers when you get  5000 and 7000 followers. Which is reason why it think it should be easier to get in bronze age, so that you get better houses faster.

Edited by Elerond