The NFL 2013 Thread

Keyrock

And yet, since 2010 he has an above .500 record as a starter and more playoff victories than Peyton Manning.  Just sayin'...

:-

:p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

And yet, since 2010 he has an above .500 record as a starter and more playoff victories than Peyton Manning.  Just sayin'...

:-

:p

And so does Mark Sanchez with twice as many playoff victories (as Tebow) and an above .500 record over the same time ....  :)

:biggrin:

Yeah, but Sanchez was he projected starter until he got injured. So, it isn't the same thing. Tebow is healthy, and teams are passing over him for guys who have been proven to be losers. In Sanchez's case he had a horrible season last season and was (imo rightly) going to get another shot at starting (despite being benched late in season).

P.S. Damn those Giants..  Any  ace sure fire HOFers in this year's draft at #1? L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm pretty shocked that no one wants to start Tebow, since there are some terrible teams with bad QB's out there.  But I also understand that coaches have certain systems that they are comfortable running and Tebow is not suited for most of those.

Any  ace sure fire HOFers in this year's draft at #1? L0L

#17?  The Giants are going to be drafting way before that.  Possibly in the top 3.   

Bad news for Giants fans ...  every year for the last 10 years, the Giants have had a worse record in the second half of the season than in the first half.  Without fail.  At least one more loss and on the average two.  I

True Giants fans must be catatonic, probably don't feel like going to White Castle. Makes me feel better about SD trying so hard to lose to Oakland last night.

Naturally our AFC West is the only division with two undefeated teams remaining. Playoffs are just for fair-weather fans, anyway.     

All Stop. On Screen.

True Giants fans must be catatonic, probably don't feel like going to White Castle. Makes me feel better about SD trying so hard to lose to Oakland last night.

Naturally our AFC West is the only division with two undefeated teams remaining. Playoffs are just for fair-weather fans, anyway.     

As a Cowboys fan, I can relate to Chargers fans at least a little bit, because my team also has a recent history chock full of underachieving, blowing leads, and losing games in the most painful ways imaginable.  Mediocrity and disappointment is what I've come to expect.  On the bright side, the Cowboys will finish around .500 like they do every year, just bad enough to not make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a good draft pick, and the cycle of mediocrity and disappointment will continue.

/headbutts wall

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

As a Cowboys fan, I can relate to Chargers fans at least a little bit, because my team also has a recent history chock full of underachieving, blowing leads, and losing games in the most painful ways imaginable.  Mediocrity and disappointment is what I've come to expect.  On the bright side, the Cowboys will finish around .500 like they do every year, just bad enough to not make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get a good draft pick, and the cycle of mediocrity and disappointment will continue.

/headbutts wall

There was a great article about Tony Romo in ESPN.  Of all the QBs in the NFL Romo has the third highest QBR in the fourth quarter - higher than Drew Brees and just behind Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.  On the flip side, he also leads all QB's for most interceptions (8) thrown in the 4th quarter when his team has been tied or leading by 7 points or less.  Matt Schaub has 6 (Surprisingly, Brady and Matt Ryan have 7 each).    And Romo's QBR in the first 12 minutes of the 4th quarter is 80 (second best behind Peyton Manning) but in the last three minutes, it drops to a below average 44. 

The NFC East is so bad that I could see the Cowboys finishing under .500 and still making the playoffs.   The Giants are just a total train wreck and Washington isn't a lot better.    

Looks a bit like the best thing that could happen at Washington would be for RG3 to sit a few out and give Cousins a chance to play. Might not help the skins, tbh, but might help Cousins at least, who based on his few flashes last year would certainly beat the snot out of Gabbert, at the very least. As a more traditional QB, he might be a better long term solution than some of the gimmicky new guys from the spotlight of last year.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Eli threw 3 more picks and the Giants are now 0-6.  Eli now has 15 interceptions on the season.  15!  I know the NFC East is putrid, but at 0-6 they're definitely done.  There's no coming back from 0-6.

As for my team, the Cowboys, Tony Romo, as expected, has been getting a lot of hate since that crushing defeat.  Now, I'm not trying to excuse that late game pick he threw that lost the game, but there are some things to consider.  With any other quarterback in the league, not named Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers, the Cowboys are never even in that game and are getting blown out by multiple touchdowns.  Even with the interception, Romo had one of the greatest performances by a quarterback ever.  He's been terrific this season:  71.8% completions 1523 passing yards 13 TD 2 Int 114.3 passer rating.  The much bigger issue for the Cowboys is that the defense isn't stopping anyone.  If you keep putting Romo in a position where he constantly has to sling it to stay in the game, yeah, he's going to throw a crushing pick sometimes.  The guy makes spectacular, head turning plays, but being a gunslinger type quarterback also means throwing crushing picks occasionally.  Anyway, they play Washington this week, a game they should win.  A game they better win.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, at least your gunslinger is a scrambler. Ours is incapable of turning around, much less escaping the pocket. When Romo throws an interception, he's running like a mad man, or being tripped by his own guy--Philip Rivers just gives it away to the secondary like a case of herpes. The Dallas/Denver game was the most excited I've been for a comeback in forever. Romo and the team should hold their heads high, I think. 

It must be a ghost town in the Meadowlands. An 0-6 apocalypse. Zombified fans roaming the streets. I don't like the Giants much, but no one deserves a season like that.        

All Stop. On Screen.

All I know about American football comes from Varsity Blues.

I don't want your life.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

New England scores with 5 secs left  to beat New Orleans 30 - 27.     Great game.  

New Orleans should have been able to put this game away and the offense couldn't do it. 

I've only managed to watch the first half due to time differences, and that wasn't particularly enjoyable. :p

Good news:  The Cowboys won a game they should have won (for once) and got back to .500.

Bad news:  Their already patchwork defense continues to be decimated with injuries.  The latest victim: DeMarcus Ware.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"New Orleans should have been able to put this game away and the offense couldn't do it."

L0L They scored 27 points. The loss wasn't the offense's fault. It was the defense's fault as they gave up 30 points yet you have the gall to blame the o.  Just like how it was Romo's 'fault' last week that  Dallas gave up 50+ points. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"New Orleans should have been able to put this game away and the offense couldn't do it."

L0L They scored 27 points. The loss wasn't the offense's fault. It was the defense's fault as they gave up 30 points yet you have the gall to blame the o.  Just like how it was Romo's 'fault' last week that  Dallas gave up 50+ points. :p

Saints needed one extra first down to run out the clock with 1:13 to go and New England out of timeouts and couldn't get it.  One extra first down and the defense doesn't even get back on the field.   And before that they had two chances to put the game away with a touchdown and came away with field goals.     Did you even watch the game?  Probably not.

Romo's interception was the turning point of the Dallas-Denver game.  And it does matter if the score is 10-10 or 48-48 when Romo throws his pick.   What does matter is that his pick gave Denver's offense the opportunity to run down the clock, kick the winning field goal and give Dallas no chance to come back. 

Pity that those points were lost on you with your simple "Duhr, duhr, New Orleans gave up 30 points ....".

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

That Pats comeback was beyond belief. After the interception I flipped over to the 49ers/Cards game. Then had to hurry back when they reported the Pats were driving with 30 seconds to go.

Tampa is just in ruins. Schiano was a terrible hire, the organization is literally eating itself and now staph bacteria is literally eating the players. If that pirate ship in the stadium were real it would be sinking right now. I don't see a way out of this other than blowing the whole thing up and starting over with a new coach, staff and GM.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Did you guys see Texans fans were cheering when Schuab got hurt? I guess that's no surprise since they were harassing him in his home last week.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Saints needed one extra first down to run out the clock with 1:13 to go and New England out of timeouts and couldn't get it.  One extra first down and the defense doesn't even get back on the field.   And before that they had two chances to put the game away with a touchdown and came away with field goals.     Did you even watch the game?  Probably not.

Romo's interception was the turning point of the Dallas-Denver game.  And it does matter if the score is 10-10 or 48-48 when Romo throws his pick.   What does matter is that his pick gave Denver's offense the opportunity to run down the clock, kick the winning field goal and give Dallas no chance to come back. 

Pity that those points were lost on you with your simple "Duhr, duhr, New Orleans gave up 30 points ....".

I'd say it's a little bit of both, pats no huddle worked well against saints and the offense failed to deliver in the crucial last minutes. High points include 2 guys scoring their first nfl touchdiwns when graham was first invisible and then injured.

Hope the bye week is enough to get as many guys as possible back. Anyone heard anything about Vilma, I believe his dfr tag would allow him to join the squad after the bye week, too.