Russia passes more homophobia laws

BruceVC

For those of you who see no issue with the Neo-Nazi assaults against gays, I suggest you re-read the Russian constitution.

These Neo-Nazi are gays too, you are not tolerant to them, you are homophobe.

I believe in the inherent good of people and eventually countries won't have systemic laws that are bigoted. So I suppose I mean "eventually inexorable" as the movement for equality will win one day, even in the places like the Middle East. As people become more enlightened most will see that discrimination makes no sense, of course you will always have people with there own personal prejudices but you just won't see laws in countries that enforce those prejudices.

Also I don't see anything wrong with the US\EU beaking about in the affairs (I also like that term) of countries if they have the moral high ground. So yes intervention in Rwanda should have happened :)

Just wonderful! Proud South African exploiter ( from country where blacks can owe only 13% of land by Native Land Act and where police just massacre protesters by Submachine gun's ) want teach Russian's about equality! If you want equality we can give this to Humanity, but your butthurt must only increased from this.

Civil rights progress marches on. Calisodom just passed a law that boys who claim to be transsexual can use girls' locker rooms. My question is how can the girls' parents be such pussies?

Most schools have already implemented what the law legally requires. In terms of bathrooms, that means legally you are required to provide a transgender student with a place to change. My wife has had two transgender boys over the years, and she provided them with a third bathroom where they would be more comfortable getting ready. As you can imagine, a boy who feels like a girl and is taking hormones to physically change their body is not going to do very well in a crowded boys locker room.

Edited by Hurlshot

Walsie is correct Drowsy, its for the best that you accept this. You'll be a much less angry person when you realize that these "damn movements for equality" are not only the right thing to do but are also inexorable :yes:

Please insert a drill bit into your eye.

Anyway, I doubt this will have any major consequences for things in Russia. Gay athletes will go untouched up to a point if they go looking for it (Russia's not served by that additional embarassment) and all the groups wanting to beat up gay visitors will go quiet lest they get screwed to a wall. Heh, like a Potemkin village :lol:

I wonder if people will get on the case of nations with equally or worse treatment of gays being allowed to participate at all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Civil rights progress marches on. Calisodom just passed a law that boys who claim to be transsexual can use girls' locker rooms. My question is how can the girls' parents be such pussies?

Most schools have already implemented what the law legally requires. In terms of bathrooms, that means legally you are required to provide a transgender student with a place to change. My wife has had two transgender boys over the years, and she provided them with a third bathroom where they would be more comfortable getting ready. As you can imagine, a boy who feels like a girl and is taking hormones to physically change their body is not going to do very well in a crowded boys locker room.

The way it's been reported they're required to be allowed to use the same facilities, not separate facilities (which I don't think anyone would object to). http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/13/california-gov-brown-signs-transgender-student-bill/

Also I didn't realize they do sex changes on children now.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

What the...........?

I am assuming because these are underaged children that aren't physically and mentally fully developed a parent makes those decisions for them? Call me whatever but that **** just shouldn't be allowed.

...whole damnable world's FUBAR...glad I lives in the Canadian booneys... :getlost:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

With parents consent they at least do hormone block treatments that stop puberty phase to start and hormone therapies that start sex changing process. I don't know if they do actual sex organ change operations for underage persons even with parents consent.

"A nine-year-old transgender girl"

How is this even a thing?

...cuz this be the 21st century, where there be no sanity...more's the pity... :getlost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Transgender boys and girls face their most difficult time when they hit puberty.  The attempted suicide rates for transgender teens was estimated between 33%-50% in the past, in recent years with the aid of hormone blockers and hormone therapy that has dropped tremendously.  

If you guys have questions or concerns about this whole thing, your best bet is to listen to an actual transgender individual discuss what they go through.  This isn't a stage they are going through, most of them know from a very early age that their physical gender does not match their mental identity.  When they hit puberty it creates a huge crisis for them.

Now it is possible for people to go through stages of gender identity issues, and that is why it is strongly recommended that transgender individuals start with years of therapy, then move to hormone treatment, and use surgery as a last step in a long process.  

Here's a helpful guide that is not political:

http://kidshealth.org/parent/positive/talk/transgender.html

Did you even watch the video?

No. I read the article.

It's very hard for me to believe that a confused little child can know who they are at that age to such a definitive degree that you drug them to block their natural progression.

Edited by Fighter

No. I read the article.

It's very hard for me to believe that a confused little child can know who they are at that age to such a definitive degree that you drug them to block their natural progression.

How about watching the video before jumping to conclusions? Also, she hasn't taken any drugs, another example of you jumping to conclusions.

No, he's just saying watch the video.  It goes WAY more into detail than the article, as it talks about the girl herself.

He's also commenting that the presumption of drug use that you made was incorrect.

Edited by alanschu

The way it's been reported they're required to be allowed to use the same facilities, not separate facilities (which I don't think anyone would object to). http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/13/california-gov-brown-signs-transgender-student-bill/

I would be careful with how certain news outlets report anything that has to do with education.  My wife has taught PE for the last decade and sits on the board of the California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.  It is pretty much a non-issue for most schools, as they already accommodate students dealing with gender identity issues.  It is legally compelling any schools that still allow an atmosphere of gender discrimination to fall in line.  

I would be careful with how certain news outlets report anything that has to do with education.  My wife has taught PE for the last decade and sits on the board of the California Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.  It is pretty much a non-issue for most schools, as they already accommodate students dealing with gender identity issues.  It is legally compelling any schools that still allow an atmosphere of gender discrimination to fall in line.

Fine, since you're such an expert, are you denying that the new law allows any boy who claims he feels like a girl to use the girl's locker room?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

These Neo-Nazi are gays too, you are not tolerant to them, you are homophobe.

Oby, you're funny but also quite delusional. 

From the article:

Russian online newspaper Lenta met with those who have joined the "Occupy-Pedofilyay" campaign to learn more about the movement.

"We do not like homosexuals," the leader of one local gathering explained, according to a HuffPost translation. "If it was up to me, I'd kill them but the government doesn't allow that."

So you are claiming that the members of the group who profess to hate homosexuals and would like to kill them are in fact homosexuals themselves?   

No, I'm not homophobic at all.  I'm not threatened by gays in the least.  I simply believe that everyone deserves equal protection under the law, even your own Russian constitution guarantees that.  The fact that you are doing your best to justify the behavior of these thugs or to argue that the victims of the neo-nazis do not deserve that protection says far more about you than it does about me.   

I don't know what drugs you are taking Oby, but you seriously need to consider cutting back the dosage.

Interesting times we live in.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How about watching the video before jumping to conclusions? Also, she hasn't taken any drugs, another example of you jumping to conclusions.

You've got some kind of problem? Back the hell down.

The only problem I see is someone without all the facts. I would've thought reading the news article and watching the video to give it context is important than getting half the facts and jumping to conclusions. It's better to get all the facts and the context of what's being reported. The video gives the story context.