Kids react to interracial Cheerios commercial controversy

alanschu

You don't see too many in Alberta.  Though our racial minority of issue is the various First Nations tribes.  A looot of corruption coming down from the top in those circumstances and gang violence is so extreme in some of the towns and reserves.  Tragic for younger kids growing up to basically find themselves forced to affiliate with a gang for their own protections.

How are things in South Africa? Are there a lot of interracial couples/families?

Growing up where I did in Arizona there weren't a lot of us

Good question, you don't see many but they are on the increase. But the difference in South Africa is it is completely unacceptable to say interracial relationships won't work due to fact people are different races, in other words religious differences are more of a barrier. This is due to our past and how many South African's really believe in the importance of racial integration and equality

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Firstly its irrelevant in the struggle for equality if interracial relationships have been televised for the last 50 years, we can never have enough discussions or condemnation from any source opposed to bigotry. Until bigotry doesn't exist anymore there will be always " a fight"

Yes we can.

Those kids were really cute, especially the little girl with the green shirt and the freckles. She made some of the most adorable comments like "racists are stinky bullies",  "stand proud by who you are " and " we won't hang around with racists because they mean and nasty "  :biggrin:

Meh. I'm willing to bet that 99% of everything you see is fake.

Fake smiles, fake lines, etc...

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

What if they weren't?

Then it might be moving to watch, change one's perspective, force a shift in ideas.

Ew. Doesn't bear consideration.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Kids React is a mixed bag. And I'm 100% certain the Fine "Bros." aren't actually brothers. Also they have a weird fixation on Miku Hatsune.

Uhhh... Cheerios. Post relevant.

In all seriousness, I have biracial family members, so yeah, racists are ***holes, news to nobody.

Edited by AGX-17

What if they weren't?

What if they weren't?

Then it might be moving to watch, change one's perspective, force a shift in ideas.

To me it doesn't matter if there responses are staged, the message is true and relevant

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What if they weren't?

What if they weren't?

To me it doesn't matter if there responses are staged, the message is true and relevant

Be careful, young one. That way The Guardian lies.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What if they weren't?

What if they weren't?

Be careful, young one. That way The Guardian lies.

:biggrin: Do you mean the newspaper? I was thinking about what you meant and using Yahoo I realised it was the Guardian that broke the Snowden and Prism scandal and if that's what you meant then you are right, truth and relevance doesn't always apply. As you know I am opposed to what Snowden did. But racism is a social issue and Prism is more about how countries choose to  protect themselves. But I do see your point :) 

John Milton 

No I mean that (quite literally) insufferable mother****er who got caught out making up interviews with famous people, who asserted that since the message he ascribed to his interviewees was trendy left wing it was therefore BETTER than being strictly true.

I have mentioned before that I knew BBC correspondent Donald Milner. I am afraid that even when he was dying of cancer, he would have dragged himself upright, carrying his morphine drip and kicked said arsehole very VERY hard in the balls.

It is a point of personal shame that my toecaps have never rearranged the trousers of half the bastards I hate.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

About this ? I doubt it. It is just kids, after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

About this ? I doubt it. It is just kids, after all.

Kids have a far greater capacity to surprise than adults, generally.

Well, in real life, anyway.

Adults in real life tend to be terrifyingly conventional.  They have to be or they scare each other.

-Elwood Blues

They have a greater capacity to give me the urge to put their head through a window than adults, well at least the ones in my area. Anyway, kids saying this stuff wouldn't really shake anyone's views if they thought racial purity is the way to go, kids being simple or naive, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wait, people pay attention to youtube comments?  Actual "controversies" can be started by those?  I always just considered them the lowest form of communication on the planet, well below guttural grunts and slightly below the gibberish that comes out of someone's mouth when they're intoxicated at borderline emergency alcohol poisoning level.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks