What you did today

Tale

It was about the same here actually. I've heard talk about thunder but the weather service has been really... unreliable lately, shall we say - hence me asking.

I really want a proper thunderstorm here, from now until tonight. I can live with unpugging all the electronics. Just. Clear. The. Air.

My father has gotten cataracts, so I've been lent his camera and tripod. I managed to get a few(Out of 300 attempts... >-< ) snaps of lightning a few days ago, but I'm hoping to get some better ones if there's a proper nighttime thunderstorm again. :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Spent a chunk of the afternoon reading Shadowrun books. The rpg sourcebooks and suchlike, not the novels. I was given a bunch at christmas that I never really sat down to read because I haven't been in the right mood for cyberpunk since then. Since I've been dabbling at Shadowrun Returns the past couple of days, I thought I would...

We actually had rain break last night which was great. Of course, we're still in the high 20's but the humidity has dropped some.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I drank a huge amount of vodka and passed out in a bathtub.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Spent a chunk of the afternoon reading Shadowrun books. The rpg sourcebooks and suchlike, not the novels. I was given a bunch at christmas that I never really sat down to read because I haven't been in the right mood for cyberpunk since then. Since I've been dabbling at Shadowrun Returns the past couple of days, I thought I would...

We actually had rain break last night which was great. Of course, we're still in the high 20's but the humidity has dropped some.

Heh, I dug my old sourcebook out of storage last night and I'm using it while playing with the editor.

I drank a huge amount of vodka and passed out in a bathtub.

I've done similar, with those purple aftershock drinks. I couldn't climb out of the bathtub for 12 hours. Pretty sure I didn't drown.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've done similar, with those purple aftershock drinks. I couldn't climb out of the bathtub for 12 hours. Pretty sure I didn't drown.

What you've never realised is we are all the form of your own Purgatory....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Mending my own hangovers (mostly just exhaustion and dehydration, I don't really get hangovers) - and then a friend send me this video... It's awesome and I need to find that book it's from.

Fortune favors the bald.

Spent considerable time today playing Skyrim. Thanks to the steam workshop I was able to run around murdering vampires using an incredibly fine-wrought teaspoon.

...While singing along to Whistle While You Work, from Disney's Snow White.

~~

Gaming expostulation of the day:

While being flung off cliff by dragon priest spell.

"Queens of the Stone Aaaaage!"

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My cousin visited over the weekend. Hadn't seen him for a few months, so that was fun. I might visit him in a week or two since the planned vacation to Greece got cancelled. Stockholm is nice during the summer.

Today I helped a friend move, spent time with the girlfriend, and am now going to play SRR.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

My brother-in-law and I are fairly certain that the gentleman we saw having lunch at an outdoor cafe here in a trendy DC suburb was in fact Neil Gaiman. 

We were too dignified (and restrained by the presence of our wives) to approach him. 

• Like 2

My brother-in-law and I are fairly certain that the gentleman we saw having lunch at an outdoor cafe here in a trendy DC suburb was in fact Neil Gaiman. 

We were too dignified (and restrained by the presence of our wives) to approach him.

I don't think I could show that level of restraint.

I don't think I could show that level of restraint.

I'm pondering this over my breakfast toast.

We know that Neil Gaiman likes reckless enthusiasm, because he's crazy about his wife, AFP. We also know that the strong characters in his books are usually effortless and suave. We may assume therefore that he is a little shy, and not always self-composed. You were therefore correct. He should not be disturbed while he is eating.

I suggest - somewhat idly - that the correct approach would be to bribe the waiting staff to inform you when he is getting up to leave. This is a moment of setting forth, with a confidently full stomach. In addition, if he looks irate at the intrusion then you can apologise and deftly offer to pay for his lunch.

-Elwood Blues

The sequel is here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: