Xbox 720 Reveal

Big Brother is watching how you get your achievements, so we can see it too!

You too can see the moment I get 60% of all battle trophies in Star Ocean 4. Did i get it dealing exactly 555 pts of damage with Edge, or did I do it defeating a paralyzed enemy with Reimi? Now you will know with 100% certainty. Lucky you.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

As for Steam the best that can be said about is is that it works. Compared to the convenience and fairness of GoG though - its ****.

What does actually happen if a GoG game needs a patch? Do I need to re-download the whole client again? Doesn't sound as convenient as Steam to me...

They usually have patches available under your game downloads.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I wonder what is to stop you from just pointing it towards a wall? Or are they going to be that big of pricks wanting to see a person at all times?

That's so last decade man!

Yeah! Today is all about forcing patches so all your save games stop working!! So Awesoem you get to replay the game aghain!!! Oh Gabe, you sexy mountain of man... excsuer me Ill be bakc in five minutes

On3 looks like a disaster, nothing learned from Win8, too much focus on peripheral crap. MS aren't Apple or Valve, they can't offer an inferior product and expect it to be lapped up on name/ captive audience alone- even on PC any more, let alone somewhere there's competition.

Yeah! Today is all about forcing patches so all your save games stop working!! So Awesoem you get to replay the game aghain!!! Oh Gabe, you sexy mountain of man... excsuer me Ill be bakc in five minutes

On3 looks like a disaster, nothing learned from Win8, too much focus on peripheral crap. MS aren't Apple or Valve, they can't offer an inferior product and expect it to be lapped up on name/ captive audience alone- even on PC any more, let alone somewhere there's competition.

Man you must be angry...

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

I guess you have to connect your new XBox to the internet at least once a day. Congratulations. I can probably count your entire current POTENTIAL customer base of everyone in my county outside of the one "big" town of 500 or so people with all of my fingers and toes.

1.jpg

Well played, Microsoft. Well played.

Edited by babaganoosh13

I hope it comes with a mouse and keyboard, has upgradeable hardware, and can be played comfortably from a desk :fingers crossed:

If it does then I may actually buy it.......

Or just assemble a PC myself that could out perform it without having to use whatever abomination of an operating system Microsoft decides to go with.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That's so last decade man!

How dare you question Steam! Burn the heretic! Let no dissenting view exist!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So what are the benefits still remaining for console over PC gaming now?  I've been told console gaming is easier, you just put the disk in and play.  Not any more.  The process is the same as PC now, you have to install to HD and activate the game online.  PC games are cheaper than console games at the moment.  Unless console games will now drop in price with the crack down on used games, PC will still be cheaper.  The argument that a console is cheaper than a PC is less of an argument now that both Sony and MS have said they will stop subsidising the console hardware.  The price difference between console and PC is bound to be less now.  As for backwards compatibility, I can still play pre-windows games on PC, but both consoles are not going to support backward compatibility, at least until Sony implements it's game streaming service.  As for the games themselves, console hardware may have played a bit of catch up with current PC hardware, but 12 months from now it will once again start falling behind followed by the resulting 5 or 6 years of stagnation.

Are there any compelling reason for a console purchase over a PC upgrade anymore?

I get the feeling MS just lost a LOT of their marketshare. And don't realize just how stupid they're being.

Which seems par for the course for them, given Windows 8 and a few other things.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The really big problem is that their market is going at both ends- if you want a genuinely all purpose machine you buy a PC/ laptop, if you want something cheap or that you likely already own then you use a phone/ tablet.

It's a product for a shrinking market and all the 'TV is hard!!!' stuff from their presentation is tacit admission that a traditional console box designed to play games is going to need to be subsidised by Other Stuff*, even if that other stuff is pretty peripheral to a console's primary role. Their real problem is their insularity though, if you live in Redmond it's easy to assume that everyone wants what you want and has what you have- you're in an area where that is actually true so everything around you reinforces it, after all- but if you start losing 10-20% of your audience by requiring online access and 10% by wanting to have always on kinect camera (Steve Ballmer, watching you watching pr0n! Imagine the gifs!) then you're already starting from a lower level. While I don't think Orth was particularly serious with his tweets I do think that that is the prevailing attitude in such places- "someone doesn't have internet access 24/7/10+Mbps? Where are they living, in a cardboard box in Congo?". Anything that cuts down on install base is a bad idea for a console.

*which has always been the case with the xbox division, just that it has been the OS/ Office division subsidising it previously.

The more I learn (I didn't watch the reveal) the more I feel like Microsoft's PR division just went "people want a cable box? We can do that. People want to play games? We can do that. People want to watch movies? We can do that. People want to facebook and multitask? We can do that".

They're spreading themselves way to thin and are alienating to many people. It's a game system, not some incredible wondermachine, and they need to learn this.

Edit:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On a whim I went and looked at Microsofts "Jobs" page. One of the listings is "Technological Evangelist". 

Edited by Calax

just read all the news about the press event.

good. lord.

fail.

i'll have more thoughts on this later. 

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Will I be able to watch netflix on it without paying microsoft 10 bucks a month?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Will I be able to watch netflix on it without paying microsoft 10 bucks a month?

What... microsoft not being greedy ****? HAH!

In case you didn't see the whole thing, and want the minute and a half version:

In case you didn't see the whole thing, and want the minute and a half version:

So then ... Xbox: CoD Sports TV?

I didn't watch it or read the press notes, since I'm not interested, but I'm gathering from this thread that the announcement wasn't exactly ... thrilling. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts