I know, but you can't turn it in until you complete all four, right? Can't turn it in after one to get 1000?

No you can't, but it's not like it expires.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

But...but...if I did it over 2-3 days/don't complete it every single day, it's not max. potential efficient! I can't have that. Must be efficient! *wild-eyed, glazed, numbers-obsessive stare*

:-

...I'd just rather they have kept it 1 quest/1000 and made it repeatable twice a day than four times a day.

Side note: due to some extra luck of task timing, I think my cleric is going to hit that 24k per day refine rough AD limit for the first time, today. Number efficiency, man, numbers! *drool*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is it just me, or are uncommon, rare, and epic leadership assets completely useless?  Well not USELESS, but they don't have any advantage over their mundane counterparts.  I mean, is there any advantage to using a green or blue or purple sword over the mundane rusty sword, or green/blue/purple armor over basic rusty armor?  Can you even get a "better result"?

In other news, I got my greedy paws on a dragon egg, but I'm reluctant to use it until I get at least blue tools.  I'm also closing in on getting a rank 7 dark enchantment and rank 7 azure enchantment.  At the moment I have 3 rank 6 dark and 2 rank 5 dark, just 2 more rank 5 dark and I'll have enough to fuse a rank 7.  I have 1 rank 6 azure, and 3 rank 5 azure, so a bit further to go with that.  I'm not even going to attempt to fuse a rank 8, that will just take forever.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Is it just me, or are uncommon, rare, and epic leadership assets completely useless?  Well not USELESS, but they don't have any advantage over their mundane counterparts.  I mean, is there any advantage to using a green or blue or purple sword over the mundane rusty sword, or green/blue/purple armor over basic rusty armor?  Can you even get a "better result"?

Since Leadership has no tasks that seem to have the % to get something better, they seem pretty useless. I've wondered if you used purple sword/armor if you'd sometimes end up with, say, more rough AD's then stated, but I rather doubt it, and it wouldn't be worth it anyway. The rare/epic workers are useful at least, considering Leadership takes so much longer to lvl up.

Btw, do you have any idea if Leadership can get that last slot for "a Rank 3 result?" I read creating t3 purple items for the other professions can work, but nothing like that for Leadership, unless getting a high resource out of a purple chest counts. The only possibility seems to be creating a purple worker from 4 blue workers (which I have a ton of), but I have yet to attempt it to see if it works, because I'm still not...quite...18 in Leadership yet. All my other professions are 20 w/the alts all working on Leadership and half way through a 3rd profession yet I STILL don't have a max Leadership, even using almost all blue workers. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can't say for sure, but I doubt you can open up that slot using leadership.  I plan to do it and make a spiffy slotted purple pair of pants (or a shirt) in one foul swoop.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've read there's a better chance of getting the slot/t3 result via "Finish Now" than waiting for it to finish (which seems to rarely result in what you want, even with highest chance in the task list). The claim was something about the way the game calculates something, but I don't know the details/how true that is.

I've read there's a better chance of getting the slot/t3 result via "Finish Now" than waiting for it to finish (which seems to rarely result in what you want, even with highest chance in the task list). The claim was something about the way the game calculates something, but I don't know the details/how true that is.

Sounds like someone wanting me to burn AD.  :p

Anyway, I could always try to get the rank result on a lower level blue item since those burn cheaper, more common assets.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

They're running an event starting now and through the weekend:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=929631

Personally, I don't much care for fireworks or the stupid looking star mask, but I'm down for some free dye packs and double AD.

In other news, I finally got around to making another character, a dwarven control wizard (because ironic or whatever).  He's there simply as a laborer to run jobs through the gateway and get me more AD.  I got him up to lev 10 so he can do jobs, now I just need to get him 1 more level so he can invoke his deity and get free AD.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

NooOOOoooOOO! Tiger mounts! They had to bring those out this soon. Dangit!!

Edit: the double-diamonds for even praying and crafting is nice, but does that mean we can refine twice the rough diamonds per day, too? :p

And yeah...don't care about this Event. Sounds boring.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I've run into the dreaded daily refine limit myself.  I suppose it's not a bad problem to have.  :p

The dye packs would make my main character's armor look horrifically gaudy, though it works on my laborer wizard's outfit nicely:

FcpQ6GJ.jpg

I'll hold on to the rest of the dye packs and a month or two down the line, when people have used them all up, sell them for a nice premium on the AH.

bag_of_money-3607.gif

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4th of July dye packs? Hehe...colorful. But yeah...my wiz might like that.

I've yet to really like any of the dye "packs" because they feel too generic. I keep meaning to use one then see if you can re-color aspects with the single-dyes while keeping some of the pack coloring. They need more colors.

Btw, I have a bunch of dyes and packs I got one time and still haven't used. Did you have an idea what you wanted on your main? Maybe I have it. There seems to be a limit to how many different selections I can see in the "pick what dye" drop down, too (6 or 7?), which is annoying, because then I can't select the one I want, hah.

I'm using the nightmare dye packs on my main.  I've already dyed my chest piece and helmet, just need to do the greaves and gauntlets.

TNX3UUH.jpg

It's more or less the same color scheme as the default look of the armor, but a lot more vibrant and pronounced.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I hit Reply on the last game mail exchange we had to send you a dye pack, which seemed to just use your @ name, no chr. name. Did you get it? I'm still not confident about this mail system. Haha.

...I wish it was double-diamonds all the time. I'm just raking it in. Now, if people would stop asking for quite so much for AD to Zen exchange ... just a little bit lower, that's all I want ... I could get that tiger mount and still have a decent amount of diamonds left over. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it worked, I got the email and the dye pack.  Thanks LadyC.  I went ahead and dyed the gauntlets.  Pretty soon I'll have enough AD to convert to Zen to get that last dye pack and complete the outfit coloring process.

:biggrin:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I still can't get over those thigh pauldrons.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I still can't get over those thigh pauldrons.

I think of them as gun holsters.  Now I just need some guns. :p

This is what the gauntlets look like once dyed:

iAoKMLs.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Whoa, it's not just a myth!  I actually got a coalescent ward from a coffer of augmentation (along with a rank 4 azure, which is perfect since azure and dark are what I'm after).  This will let me fuse a 3rd lesser lifedrinker enchantment.  Then I'll need 3 more lifedrinker shards (I'll have one left over after this fusion) and 2 more coalescent wards and I'll be able to fuse a 4th lesser lifedrinker enchantment then fuse the 4 of them into a lifedrinker enchantment and slot that badboy into my axe.  A lesser lifedrinker adds 4.4% extra damage and gives you the same amount as healing, I'm guessing a regular lifedrinker probably does around 7 or 8%.  Add that to my current 9.5% lifesteal and that kind of thing really adds up when you're damaging 4 or 5 enemies at the same time with wide sweeping slashes.  If I slot all my defense slots with rank 7 dark enchantments (that will take quite a bit of time and effort), I think I can get lifesteal close to 15%.  Add to that the boost I get from the Acolyte of Kelemvor and the lifedrinker enchantment and, outside of massive damage boss special attacks, I'll be nearly invincible since I'll heal faster than enemies can damage me.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've wanted a high life steal (mine's still sitting at around 11% I think) and a shorter cycle time on Sunburst (Recovery). eg, I'd love to be able to spam Sunburst...not as much dmg of course, but with its own skill-healing effect + lifesteal, it might be...fun. :lol:

...still need lots more AD's to really experiment with that sort of thing tho - it's never enough since I buy everything on the AH at this point. At least I have a good chunk of time before the expansion (which I think will have new soloable campaign areas?) to stock up.

...I didn't realize/notice that dye pack was Zen-shop available, either. I just noticed it in the lockbox merchant. :)

I've hit the dreaded refine limit again today, probably will again tomorrow.  These double AD events are great.  :biggrin:

Once I dye my boots and once I get purple slotted pants and shirt, I'll buy some black dye and dye the shirt and pants black.  I think that will go good with the color scheme I have going on now.  I basically have nearly enough to get the final nightmare dye pack now, but I'm waiting to get Zen at a good price.  The key to the AD to Zen exchange is patience.  If you can wait a few days then someone will come along that's desperate enough for AD and has no patience that you can get them at a low price.  For selling horses, a staple of Keyrock Astral Exchange Enterprices, LLC*, it's finding the sweet spot buyout price that will entice someone with no patience to scoop it up while you still get good profit.  Set your buyout price too high and no one will jump at it and while people will get into a bidding war over the regular buy price, you'll almost always wind up with significantly less profit.  Set the buyout price too low and you're leaving money on the table.  I've pretty much got that price dialed in to where my horses always sell within a day or two for the buyout price and I earn mucho dinero.

:dancing:

*Keyrock Astral Exchange Enterprises, LLC. is a subsidiary of Keyrock Global Domination Corporation (KGDC on Nasdaq).  All rights reserved.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I have over a million AD between all my chrs and another 1.1 million AD sitting in the AD exchange waiting for the price to come down so I can get a tiger mount. Bah. If it doesn't come down where I want it in a few weeks, by then I may cancel the exchange offer and put it back up for a bit higher/spend more.

The only thing I buy on the AH, most of the time, is blue Leadership workers (when they're 60-65k) to eventually turn into Hero's (the faster to make AD with...) and the occasional profession resource (like ores in bulk, time-saver). The rest is saved for Zen exchange or for when my alts finally reach 60 (highest is only 43 I think) and I feel like buying them some cheap purple gear.

I haven't even been doing any dailies. I'm tempted to make another few Leadership alts but was trying to save those slots for the new race/class. Imagine if you had the max 50. A month and you'd have 30million or something. :lol:

I started messing around in the foundry and creating a quest.  This quest will take place on 2 maps.  I have the layout of the first map mostly set, now I can start populating it with NPCs, then I can do scripts and encounters.  The first map is an Orcish camp built around some ruins.  This process will take a good while before I even have a rough draft since I don't want to go super generic.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well, when you finish it, let me know the title so I can play it. :)

Well, when you finish it, let me know the title so I can play it. :)

Will do.  This first one will likely be fairly short and tame, since I'm just getting my feet wet.  In the future I may do other chapters in the series and get more deep (luckily I'll be able to mostly reuse a map in future chapters).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I is sad that there are no more double-diamonds :( even if it means I can go back to being more efficient about actual profession leveling instead of AD-collecting.

At least I only have 1.5 levels to go and I'll finally have one chr. with maxed Leadership! Those last 3-4 levels really do take an eternity.

It's going to take me eons to max out Leadership.  I'm about halfway to lev 16 right now.  I can also get back to leveling Tailoring now that the 2XAD event is over.  During the event all my slots (6 on my main, 2 on the laborer alt) were dedicated to pure AD gathering, now that it's over I'm dedicating 1 or 2 of my slots on my main to Tailoring (currently lev 8 ).  

The nice thing about the event being over is that Zen prices should come down on the exchange, I hope.  During the last couple days of the event prices shot up, I'm guessing due to the surplus of AD that everyone got from the 2XAD event and their unwillingness to wait to buy at a lower price.  Naturally a surplus of spending AD coupled with demand for Zen, likely to buy that spiffy new mount, drove up the prices.  Now that the event is over I expect the prices to normalize.  I'm willing to sit on the listings I made a few days a go for a good while, I'm not in a hurry.

Also, I'll be shopping around the AH for a good price of preservation wards.  I have enough rank 6 dark to fuse a rank 7, but I'll likely need at least 3 or 4 preservation wards to do the fusion since the chance of successful fusion is only 30%.  My laborer alt will get a preservation ward later today once I get that 7th celestial coin and trade it in for a coffer of augmentation (or alternatively a coalescent ward, but that's highly doubtful) so I can trade that to my main and cross my fingers that that 1 preservation ward (no way I'm wasting a coalescent on fusing regular enchantments on the off chance I get one) gets the job done.

Lastly, I'm glad those stupid looking star masks from the event don't bind on purchase, but on equip.  I've got 1 stashed on each of my characters to sell at a later date.  I've got a bunch of the fireworks too, but I doubt I would be able to fetch much of a price for them.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸