RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

My my, this may be the second worthwhile thing to come out of NWN2. (MotB was the first)

It'll probably be nice, BG1 is suitably generic in style and simple in structure to get a good fan made remake.

I think the BG2 remake in the DA engine is a fool's errand though.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Thank goodness they got rid of those black blobs in that Xcom shooter.  It looks decently interesting now.

My thoughts exactly.. The new approach suits the genre.

Fortune favors the bald.

Shadowrun Returns looks pretty nice on Steam

What's the verdict on XCOM. Quite a bit of time has passed and I still see people disliking features and complaining about issues on the forum. That's not the usual state of affairs with a Firaxis game

wait, what the hell, this Bureau game is a FPS?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I see Skyrim is only $30 on Steam, do you guys think  it means that the GOTY edition is coming out now or should I buy it?

I wanted to wait for the GOTY so I'm not sure what to do as $30 is a good price?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think a GOTY version of an ES game is inevitable and will probably cost about as much. I don't know what else you might get in it though.

Guest Slinky

Yeah, Skyrim Legendary edition will be released on june, and it has all the DLC's on it.

Going to buy it once I get it less that 20€.

What's the verdict on XCOM. Quite a bit of time has passed and I still see people disliking features and complaining about issues on the forum. That's not the usual state of affairs with a Firaxis game

Xcom, like the original, has its flaws.  But it is the best turn based game since JA2, and it scratches a gaming itch for me that rarely gets attention.  I loved it and will probably replay it regularly for years to come.

I still see people complaining about Civ 5, so I don't think Firaxis is immune to criticism.  Not that I get it, I played the heck out of Civ 5.

The Bureau game is loosely based on the Xcom mythos.  It bothered me a lot more before we got a quality remake of the original, but now I don't mind if they do a spin off.

XCOM was ok, gets a bit too much of a procession towards the end, but I suppose that is inevitable with the kind of game it is. Hopefully it's patched up better and the infinite Alien turn bug is gone :p. The handholding tutorial is annoying on replays as is the alien spawning, but nothing to make it really terrible.

Grab it on sale.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, Skyrim Legendary edition will be released on june, and it has all the DLC's on it.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, that is awesome news !!!

But how do you know this?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

XCOM was ok, gets a bit too much of a procession towards the end, but I suppose that is inevitable with the kind of game it is. Hopefully it's patched up better and the infinite Alien turn bug is gone :p. The handholding tutorial is annoying on replays as is the alien spawning, but nothing to make it really terrible.

Grab it on sale.

You can skip the tutorial though, there's an option when you start a new game.

Personally I loved XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I was set on beating it on iron man (or what it was called) and classic difficulty. It took me some 40 restarts to do that. Any game that keeps me hooked for that long while still being utterly frustrating is doing something right.

As for the fps, I'm looking forward to it with catious optimism. It sounds like it could be a nice game. And if it's not, at least we got the Firaxis game, so all is good.

Edited by Spider
  • Like 1

CD Projekt Red has released a beta version of REDkit, to allow people to mod Witcher 2.

http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/

I can't wait to play around with this.  I'll download it when I get home.  Hopefully you can make someone else the main character besides Geralt.  I want to make an adventure starring Triss Merigold. 8)

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/skyrim-legendary-edition-outed-by-retailer

OMG, that sounds awesome :dancing:

John Milton 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/25/skyrim-legendary-edition-outed-by-retailer

Welcome back Dee Dee

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

From the perspective of those who were jonesing for a Meier Kickstarter of course.

Personally I have mixed feelings about 2K - I appreciate that they've given Firaxis pretty reasonable creative freedom (XCOM!) compared to many other developers in a similar ownership situation. Their DLC is mostly disgraceful though, particularly in reference to the Civ5 nickel-and-diming.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G