What you did today

Rosbjerg

^We're finally having great weather over here, but I agree. It was still ice cold in April over here. Now I don't even have to wear a jacket. We skipped spring and went from Winter to Summer. If only we could skip Autumn.

So my 10 year anniversary is next weekend, and some of my buddies surprised me by taking me out for a Giants game last night.  We are renewing our vows, so they thought that was a good excuse to have a pseudo bachelor party.  It was a great time, and the Giants won! 

• Like 3

Reading Labadal & Calax's posts make me realize how happy I am with my current profession. I don't have employees or managers. Only partners and I very rarely see any of them face to face.  Unless seeing them on a computer screen counts.

I'm going back to Oklahoma & Nebraska for the next few days. Time to wrap those projects up. I was thinking of taking a little vacation up in Wyoming at Medicine Bow National Park and do some fishing. We'll see how the weather looks. It's been pretty doggone cold for May. I think the Global Warming crown might have it backwards! :lol:

Could you hire me for low level online correspondence work?

Oh and fun thing to notice:

Thursday at work I saw a print out on the wall marked "Why good people leave" because apparently even my boss has realized that "Oh ****, everyone I had well trained is leaving as fast as they can"

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hubs and I stayed up way too late marathon-watching the 2nd season of Grimm episodes. :lol:

Also, changed my mind ... if I felt like spending $1000 I'd probably buy one of those Acer Iconia's. But I don't feel like it, so I won't. ;) Mostly, I like the fact it has actual Windows on it, and the display is largeish/so nice. Has a USB mouse dock on it too. Definitely like it more than the iPad/typical tablet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm flying back to Johannesburg from  Cape Town tomorrow night. I have enjoyed my week in Cape Town but I have to say I have really, really worked hard for this particular customer so they got there money worth. I finished work on Friday night at 3 am and worked on Saturday from 4 pm till 1 am Sunday morning. Its been a good project but lots of environmental issues that effected the software I was configuring and upgrading.

I did get to have dinner with my sister and see some friends for drinks and breakfast so at least it wasn't all work 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Looking at this snow, thinking it better not be like this next weekend. Booked some time off to go camping on some little island I can never remember the name of for the long weekend. The last time I went there was before my first son was born, and it was fudgin' cold then to.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Looking at this snow, thinking it better not be like this next weekend. Booked some time off to go camping on some little island I can never remember the name of for the long weekend. The last time I went there was before my first son was born, and it was fudgin' cold then to.

Where do you live Baba that you can go to an island, it sounds fun :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bought a new grill and built it. I'll show you the result tomorrow.

Is this going to be a pic of a large, manly grill, or a pic of some mouth-watering BBQ that's immediately going to make me want some of my own?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bought a new grill and built it. I'll show you the result tomorrow.

Is this going to be a pic of a large, manly grill, or a pic of some mouth-watering BBQ that's immediately going to make me want some of my own?

It's going to be a picture of a pathetic looking grill with no meat on it. :(

I'll be sure to post a pic of it in use at some point.

Got a slight ear infection and a mild fever.. then I decided to take a nap - and I had the most "real" dream I've ever had, it was crazy. Zombie apocalypse (for some reason), but everything had a touch, smell, feeling, story - the people were so real, I remembered things about them as if I had known them for a long time (I feel like I do now). Man it was freaky. Why is that? Why do dreams feel more real when we are sick.. Strange.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

It's going to be a picture of a pathetic looking grill with no meat on it. :(

I'll be sure to post a pic of it in use at some point.

We bought a cheap gas grill when we moved into this house...used it a while that summer and haven't since. It works fine, but it's just not the same as charcoal BBQ. Mostly tho, I don't like cleaning the grill all the time. :lol: The old Webber, you'd fire up the coals and let the high flames burn the gunk off the grill and scrape it off with a metal brush ... the gas grill you have to scrub/wash.

But they're definitely great when you want to cook a lot of meat at once.

Where do you live Baba that you can go to an island, it sounds fun :)

I live in Grey County in Ontario. The island that we go to is so small, it doesn't even show up on and map we've ever seen. It's one of those places a friend discovers while fishing, and has (or was) been a regular spot (more or less) since.

258786.jpg

I usually help row everyone there and back, so dagnabit! I get to just fish.

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Yay for doubleposting v.v

Didn't get the job (curse) now going through the process of being a bus driver for Cyride (the local bus system)

Well, at least it sounds like a PMC from Deus Ex:HR... Belltower, Dynacore, Cyride, yep!

Back at work after a long weekend. 4 days is just long enough to get used to not having to work for a living. :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Actually, it's really easy to figure out.

Iowa State Cyclones

Our mascot is "Cy"

We "ride" a bus

CyRide.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That's a bit crap, Cal. Sorry to hear that.

Could you get a big poster of this set up outside their offices?

Judgecal.jpg

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As somebody who appeared in a community theater production of Fiddler when he was roughly middle-school-aged (as the character known only as "The Rabbi"), I have to wonder what is meant by the "Jr."?  Did they somehow re-write the story with no pogroms or something?  ("That guy Tevye sure is poor!  And his 3 daughters get married!  Mazeltov! Close curtain.")

:lol: You're not far off. The play was sanctioned by Music Theater International in New York and I think the Jr. designation just stands for a truncated version of the original that they distribute to middle schools. The whole thing ran ~1h15m.

EDIT: Fiddler on the Roof JR.

Well, there seems to be a new boxer (the dog) has moved in to a house across the street, and one of the houses out back from ours is doing some construction.. all of which is combining to set the two dogs in this house off a lot. So every 10-15 minutes it seems that I have to stop whatever I'm doing, go downstairs and deal with them getting set off and barking loudly.

And of course, the cat has decided to have lots and lots of manic moments.

He was a right bastard the other night and decided to stalk my hands as I was doing push-ups, so I'm currently healing up assorted claw scratches. As someone I know says "cat's sharpen their claws with salt and malice, and grow their muscles with pure hatred and pain"...

>_<

Edit: Hm, and I can never sit through Fiddler in an appropriate manner, ever since I listened to the H.P.Lovecraft Society developed "A Shoggoth on the Roof"....

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

He's a national hero here, not exactly sure why over other ones in the past but there you go.

A nice slow Monday today, am waffling on my decision to get a Kindle. I might just go half in with my sister and share it and see how it goes, if I like it I'll let her or someone else have it and buy one for myself.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wind blew a parts of my freaking house off. There's TV cable spinning around out there like a stripper's nipple tassels.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So, Chris Hadfield - what did you do today? "oh just made this tribute to Bowie.. in Space!"

Did you not notice I put that up in the music thread already? ;)

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."