Jagged Alliance Flashback on kickstarter

LordCrash

Tribute Sector 

As a thanks to our friends at Obsidian, we’ve decided to make a special sector in their honor. The 5000 backer sector will be an Obsidian mine, where a secret cult of scientist resides and are trying to develop a new formula to become immortal, called “Eternity”. We thank the community for coming up with these awesome suggestions :D As Jesper is still hard at work finishing the diorama the visualization of the sector will have to wait, but we’ll get it up as soon as possible and also come up with the 5500 sector.

Made me laugh :)

• Like 2

That's pretty awesome.  It's cool to see how they've worked with the community to get them involved in the game, definitely give me hope about the project.  They really won the Bear's Pit over and that's huge.  

I'm not against the game getting made (on the contrary) but I wish they (and others) had something more to show when they decide to make sequels to famous games. The thing that's selling the kickstarter is the JA name, not the reputation of the development team which is the ass backwards way to do it if you ask me.

I could register a company and make a kickstarter tomorrow, whip up a few concept art pics and get my buddies to make a video but that doesn't mean I know what I'm doing or that I deserve the money. Its not the fear of losing 30 bucks I'm worried about, its the principle of the thing - you have to have something to show before asking people to drop the cash - either have a reputable name or company behind it, or at least a demo of some sort to show if you're an unknown developer. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Boo, if you look at the first page, quite a few of us shared your reservations.  Over the last few weeks Full Control has done a very good job of communicating with fans and engaging people like Ian Currie, the original creator.  Obviously there is still some risk involved, but they've earned my confidence at this point.

I wonder whether this will make it. Other similarly sized games have made the amount flashback needs in their last 2 days, and KickStarter is biased in funding projects, if it's close people will pledge to push it over. I still think that putting the digital game, no thrills, at $15 will get you more money than at $20 or in this case $25.

Not sure... I liked the JA2 (although the lack of to-hit% kinda of is annoying) ii was somewhat disappointed with JA:BiA and I am on the fence with this one... I probably would rather see a finished product before I'll put my money on it... I know little to nothing about the guys behind this project and KS is all about putting trust in someones ability to make the game happen

Woot!  It's funded.  I never dou...  Okay, I did doubt and worry a bit, but Hurlshot never doubted, so kudos to him.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Woo hoo!

With paypal (currently at $8k) they should be in pretty decent shape.  I still think it is going to be a fairly small game, but hopefully they can nail the combat and inject some of the personality.  

I'll be happy with a game as big as JA1 if its done properly. Then we can talk about grander proejcts.

I always though JA1 was a bit overlooked by most.  It had some brilliant moments.  You had no night missions, you had to get your soldiers back to a safe sector before it got dark, but overnight some pretty funny stuff would happen.  I had a somewhat irritating girl on my squad, and one morning she just disappeared.  Fidel swore he had no idea what happened to her or why he had a bloody knife on him.

Also, I miss the deadly eels.