On of the things that bothers me most is the question about the amount of content PE will have.

For what size of a game are you aiming for? Will the length be comparable to, lets say, BG2 SOA? Or rather BG2 SOA+TOB? Or simply give us a measurement of hours for a complete play-through.

Thank you.

I hope it's going to be big. really big. like, get declared legally dead because you haven't left your room for weeks big.

• Like 7

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I hope it's going to be big. really big. like, get declared legally dead because you haven't left your room for weeks big.

"You took the day off of work to play your new game? How cute... I went on MATERNITY LEAVE to play Project: Eternity, and I'm not even female!"

• Like 7

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I hope its at least the size of Baldur's Gate II, but for me there is no limit, the bigger the better.(Thats what she said, yeah I know) I just hate it when games are so short that when the lore, the characters and the world just slowly starts to seep in -BANG- credits roll and kthxbye. That happened to me with all the games I played in the last couple of years. 

Ok, lets stay realistic and say it should be Baldur's Gate II sized, though I'd love it to be as big as BG2 and ToB combined. That would be perfect. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

"You took the day off of work to play your new game? How cute... I went on MATERNITY LEAVE to play Project: Eternity, and I'm not even female!"

AKA laid off.

I dunno... a little Photoshop goes a long way. 8)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I will be more than happy if PE is relatively short if content is rich and well thought out. Filler content and trash mobs for the sake of 40+ hours would not enhance the game at all.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Bigger and longer doesn't necessarily mean better. Remember how much filler content was in the base NWN2 campaign before any of the good stuff started happening? And Shadows of Amn, as awesome and replayable as it is, opted for side questing and depth of the world over a richer, character focused narrative like Planescape: Torment had. It just depends on what the focus of the game is going to be. If it's going to be an experience similar to Morrowind or New Vegas where the world is the story, then make it as large and expansive as you can possibly make it. If it's supposed to be more character focused and allow for your character to develop, then focusing it and limiting side quests to the sort which explore a theme like Planescape or Knights of the Old Republic 2 would be preferable.

• Like 3

:grin: funny

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela