Pictures of your games part 2

Rosbjerg

I wish they would let you record longer videos.

PC: Fraps.

Console: oh well. ;) (actually it can be done, just kind of a pita maybe)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I always stay in Chernarus, though it looks worse than Takistan. Need to download more units for ArmA

I don't like Chernarus for two reasons: can't enter most buildings, and too few urban areas. My favorite map to play on is Zargabad, but the FPS suffers a lot on it usually.

the cool thing about new units is you can install client-side mods that will replace existing units with custom ones on the fly when you play in multi-player. For example I have 3 replacement configs: one for swapping low-res BAF units with hi-res Australian Special Forces ones, one for swapping vanilla US Special Forces with US Army Rangers, and one that swaps vanilla ACU US Army Units with those Multicam 82nd Airborne on the pic.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't like Chernarus for two reasons: can't enter most buildings, and too few urban areas. My favorite map to play on is Zargabad, but the FPS suffers a lot on it usually.

the cool thing about new units is you can install client-side mods that will replace existing units with custom ones on the fly when you play in multi-player. For example I have 3 replacement configs: one for swapping low-res BAF units with hi-res Australian Special Forces ones, one for swapping vanilla US Special Forces with US Army Rangers, and one that swaps vanilla ACU US Army Units with those Multicam 82nd Airborne on the pic.

Yeah that is true, only two real urban areas on Cherna, I think. But it has that nice Soviet aesthetic to it. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wish they would let you record longer videos.

PC: Fraps.

Console: oh well. ;) (actually it can be done, just kind of a pita maybe)

I know, but Fraps will mean a performance hit while the in-game recording in GRID 2 is convenient and doesn't impact performance at all. Unfortunately it only allows you to record 30 second snippets.  It doesn't make any sense, since the game records the entire race, from multiple angles to boot, since you can switch the camera freely during replays, and Youtube allows much larger uploads than 30 seconds.  

[rant]Really, while the racing is good, which is the most important part, there is a lot about the game that's mind-numbing in how poorly it was designed.  For example, if you Alt+Tab out of the game to get to the desktop it automatically drops into a 800x600 window and you have to go through the menus to put it back into your desired resolution and full screen.  The vast majority of games out there just minimize when Alt+Tabbed out of and go right back into full screen.  Also, speaking of the menus, the menu hell you have to go through to do ANYTHING is ridiculous.  Games in the 90s didn't even have menu hell this bad.  Literally anything you want to do, whether it be career mode, a quick race, changing settings, etc, is at least 4 menus deep.[/rant]

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.”

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Guest Slinky

Game of Thrones.

The setting would be awesome for a game (even if it has dragons :x) Too bad that one is a steaming pile according the reviews.

I get this sort of comment a lot....even moreso if I have my black panther summoned. :biggrin:

NWO-0121a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts