SW: The Old Republic Part 5

I wonder if this ties into KOTOR II?

Probably not, since it's deleted content, hell the game almost got forgotten. STILL Kristoffer Tabori is with you again!

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

It was nice hearing some of the Kotor II themes again. They seem to have "recycled" some of the tunes.

Having tried out all 4 staring worlds, I must say Nal Hutta is my favourite by far. Swamps everywhere, industrial waste and enough muck to make it an open sewer. Glorious! :w00t:

I suppose if I want to complete all starting assignments, I'm forced to group with somebody?

Who got the idea that getting a "Social Badge" was a good quest idea? :confused:

Unless there is a way to cancel quests. I'll have to check that out.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You can cancel quests.

Yay :grin:

Just a question for those who may have used the cartel store. I know if You buy inventory unlocks, you can pick per account or per character. How about the other stuff they sell? Is equipment etc. per character or per account?

Just trying to imagine splurging on a character to delete him again to try over with something else.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Think I might give this one final go-around before they get around to shutting down the Aussie servers. Given the circumstances though there's no way I'd even buy a single cartel coin. The line they're trying to sell us is that it would be less detrimental to force everyone off the servers because it would be better received than forcing PvP players onto a PvE server, or vice versa (as for the RP server, I was kind of surprised there was an Aussie one in the first place). It seems disingenous to claim that local players would trade an extra 400ms of latency for that, but that's the narrative they're pushing.

Meanwhile, the Oceanic UO server keeps on chugging along, 15 years later.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It was nice hearing some of the Kotor II themes again. They seem to have "recycled" some of the tunes.

KOTOR2 music is the most predominant music in TOR. Yes, even more so than their own KOTOR1.

I guess we should be glad they have atleast ignored something NOT of the game.

Just a question for those who may have used the cartel store. I know if You buy inventory unlocks, you can pick per account or per character. How about the other stuff they sell? Is equipment etc. per character or per account?

Depends on the unlock. But no, equipment is per character, not account. Combined with the insane pricing for it (around 1500 credits per set, so $15) I think it's a pure waste of money. Enough good orange husks drop during regular play to buy "horse armor" (even if you're the horse instead of the horse... you know what I mean)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Have they removed the account unlock then? Because I know those are still being sold on the GTN for fairly absurd prices. But they could just be leftovers from earlier.

But I will add that getting equipment unlocks is a bit of a waste unless you're going to take part in end game content. And if you can put artifact mods in orange gear and be able to equip that w/o the unlock, it's even more so.

Edited by Spider

No, there are account unlocks.

But the question was about equipment. And, as far as I know, that's all just bought for one single character (you can send it over to other chars, but once used it binds. It's not like you get a set for all of them).

Yeah, artifact unlock is for endgame. And if you add a purple mod to your orange gear, you wont be able to use it without the unlock.

Exception is that all items which you had when subbed are automatically "authorised", so the need depends on wheter you want new (better) gear someday. Which probably is the case :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

That's a pretty good price actually, they usually go for about 2 million (Red Eclipse).

So if someone got some spare cash, you can save yourself a lot of CC (and thus, real money)

^

Thanks guys. I tried just for kicks, two of the "small" packs for my imperial agent, just to satisfy my curiosity. Got some level up junk, a "jawagram" etc. but the moddable purple sniper rifle was excellent for my agent. Got a "speeder" thing too, but can't use it before he gets the skill (at level 15 I think, trying to remember from my other character).

Oh, and a credit box with fifty grand credits which is not shabby for a level 13 character to go shopping for. But, been there, tried that now.

Out of curiosity, can I actually transport gear between my characters? For some reason, my Sith inquisitor ended up with a bunch of armstech blueprints and my smuggler with a bunch of synthweave blueprints :huh:

Check for an item. If it says "bound" you can't. "Bind on equip", "bind on use" or nothing you can.

"Bind on Legacy" (special items) can even be used and then send to your other characters. Those are the only ones that can do that.

More questions? :)

^

Hehe, thanks. No more questions at the moment (other than where do I find the time for it) :grin:

That's a server name? I think down under have a trio of servers, defaulting to a RP server (and optionally, people can select a PVE or PVP server).

Not for much longer though.

“We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically: Mastar Dar’Nala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP). Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE). Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE).”

http://games.on.net/2013/03/bioware-to-shut-down-apac-servers-for-swtor-merge-into-na-servers/

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Gorth what server you in?

Gav Daragon (I think), on the Asia Pacific screen. Having no clue what the acronyms meant when I created my first f2p account, I just stuck with the defaults :)