Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

BruceVC

Amnesia was one of a very few games that would make me stop a play session because I've had enough.

Heh, same here. I actually never finished the game. I loved what I played through...the atmosphere, the graphic/gameplay design. But after awhile I just couldn't take the constant tension anymore. I usually prefer games for relaxation or stress relief, not to increase my stress. :lol: So it's become another of those games that I mean to get back to "one day." During a bright sunny day, perhaps.

Me too. It was too stressful so I quit about half way through. I don't generally enjoy survival horror much anyway but Amnesia was particularly terrifying compared to Resident Evil, Silent Hill etc.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Guys for those interested this game has been delayed again for few months. Oh well I would rather have a finished product than a rushed and buggy game.

Watch this video again on the IGN link that will show  you some of the tantalizing horror that awaits us when this game is released :w00t:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs-delayed-again

It only makes sense to release it around Halloween anyway.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Amnesia was one of a very few games that would make me stop a play session because I've had enough.

Heh, same here. I actually never finished the game. I loved what I played through...the atmosphere, the graphic/gameplay design. But after awhile I just couldn't take the constant tension anymore. I usually prefer games for relaxation or stress relief, not to increase my stress. :lol: So it's become another of those games that I mean to get back to "one day." During a bright sunny day, perhaps.

Me too. It was too stressful so I quit about half way through. I don't generally enjoy survival horror much anyway but Amnesia was particularly terrifying compared to Resident Evil, Silent Hill etc.

I find most Survival Horror to be frustrating more than scary - I'm more worried about conserving ammo than surviving. Amnesia, however, is a different story. Ever since I played it, no other horror game or film has scared me.

Yeah, Amnesia and Penumbra are some of the very few survival horror games that actually manage to capture the horror part of survival horror.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's by The Chinese Room, the Dear Esther folks.

Now that I know stuff will jump out at me, it would probably freak me out less that what Dear Esther just did by not.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Looks like I have to wait to cower in the corner.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Now that I know stuff will jump out at me, it would probably freak me out less that what Dear Esther just did by not.

The first Amnesia had a few jump scares but the main focus is definitely not things jumping out at you.

The first Amnesia had a few jump scares but the main focus is definitely not things jumping out at you.

Yeah, it was mostly about a constant feeling of tension and foreboding weighing down on you, plus some quality mind****s.  I still think Penumbra: Black Plague had the single best mind**** (speaking strictly of Frictional Games' games) toward the end of the game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸