The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 5

Dark Chocolate: Lawful Good

Milk Chocolate: Neutral Good

White Chocolate : Chaotic Good

OMG RACEST!!1! :p

Some dark chocolate is just vile on the tongue and throat.

I love making white hot chocolate. <3

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!

WHITE CHOCOLATE!

Gyahaha!!

I don't think white chocolate is chaotic neutral... its very lawful evil in my book...

I mean seriously, theres no chocolate left in the product, just cocoa butter...

So those evil marketing people stretched the truth, saying "Well since cocoa butter is a part of chocolate, we will call this "White Chocolate" Muahahahahaah!!*"

*Evil laugh added for dramatic effect

:D

I don't think that any chocolate is evil. Except artificial chocolate, that is just an abomination.

Since chocolate is good, then the alignments for chocolate must be good.

Interesting take... but I see things a little differently

White Chocolate (Cocoa Butter) = Lawful Evil - See my explanation above

Milk Chocolate = True Neutral - it can go with anything :)

Dark Chocolate = Chaotic Good - Not everyone likes it, but it has the best intentions (most health benefits)

• Like 2
Gensou_Banner.jpg

OMG RACEST!!1! :p

Some dark chocolate is just vile on the tongue and throat.

I love making white hot chocolate. <3

Wouldn't this technically be foodist? Or more specifically chocolatist? :p
Gensou_Banner.jpg

Dark Chocolate = Chaotic Good - Not everyone likes it, but it has the best intentions (most health benefits)

Now THIS is a list I can get behind! (Esp since I'm a lawful evil person(studied and worked in the legal profession even!) and haaaaaaate Dark Chocolate...)

And yes... I think it is safe to say we're crazy. Isn't that... you know... expected? o_0

• Like 1

Finishing first is only impressive in a race, my dear.

dragonlady.jpg

Now THIS is a list I can get behind! (Esp since I'm a lawful evil person(studied and worked in the legal profession even!) and haaaaaaate Dark Chocolate...)

And yes... I think it is safe to say we're crazy. Isn't that... you know... expected? o_0

Hey Fluffle. I found you a snack! =))

JK :)

Gensou_Banner.jpg

Morning all, and welcome to our new Orderlings :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

Hey Fluffle. I found you a snack! =))

JK :)

Haaaaaahahaha. Try it. >:}

• Like 1

Finishing first is only impressive in a race, my dear.

dragonlady.jpg

Haaaaaahahaha. Try it. >:}

Ooh, this one's got feistiness in her bones!

I approve.

• Like 2

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

Maybe we should move all of the talking over to another thread and leave this just for people wanting to join.

Good point.

But... where. D:

I don't see any other "talk about whatever pops up" thread around.

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

So would that make you our resident Devil's Advocate?

Maybe we should move all of the talking over to another thread and leave this just for people wanting to join.

Actually, at least speaking for myself, I think the discussion and attitude represented in the threads is part of what helps people decide that they wan't their contribution be for the Order and not just a random addition...and since the rest of the add-ons do still cost Obsidian a little money for the reward (even if only an opportunity cost), the OO pledge "reward" of being a member of the group is the best "reward" in terms of %value going straight to developers...

Edit: that said, hopefully the OO forums will be live on the new webpage by the time the membership drive closes :)

Edited by RaccoonTOF

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Actually, at least speaking for myself, I think the discussion and attitude represented in the threads is part of what helps people decide that they wan't their contribution be for the Order and not just a random addition...and since the rest of the add-ons do still cost Obsidian a little money for the reward (even if only an opportunity cost), the OO pledge "reward" of being a member of the group is the best "reward" in terms of %value going straight to developers...

Edit: that said, hopefully the OO forums will be live on the new webpage by the time the membership drive closes :)

I agree. The fun going on in this thread was what made me join. Some of the other threads tend to stir up emotions too much.

Edited by HeedlessHorseman

So what's all this talk about a website for the Obsidian Order? What's it supposed to be, specifically... just a fan site? An exclusive message board? Or something that will eventually develop into much more in the future once P:E is done... sort of like the modding communities for Infinity Games?

Edited by TCJ

So what's all this talk about a website for the Obsidian Order? What's it supposed to be, specifically... just a fan site? An exclusive message board? Or something that will eventually develop into much more in the future once P:E is done... sort of like the modding communities for Infinity Games?

Currently it's likely to be sort of our "guildhall" I guess, there will be forums for members of the Order, a live IRC chat http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ObsidianOrderofEternity, suggestions of an "In Character" section so that we can start fleshing out our "roles" in the Order even before we know more about the game, etc etc. I'm sure as the game comes closer to completion, it is likely to develop into more, perhaps hosting collections of mods (likely at least some "Order Centered" mods - there is already an "official" site for the game mods which will be available on release), etc etc. Really it's going to be what WE make of it in the long run...

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Currently it's likely to be sort of our "guildhall" I guess, there will be forums for members of the Order, a live IRC chat http://webchat.quake...OrderofEternity, suggestions of an "In Character" section so that we can start fleshing out our "roles" in the Order even before we know more about the game, etc etc. I'm sure as the game comes closer to completion, it is likely to develop into more, perhaps hosting collections of mods (likely at least some "Order Centered" mods - there is already an "official" site for the game mods which will be available on release), etc etc. Really it's going to be what WE make of it in the long run...

Yeah, exactly! The website will be what WE, the order members, want it to be. As racoon said, at the beginning it will offer a member section, a chat section, a forum section, a news section, a gallery section and some links to the wiki and the PE site. If we have the feeling that there should be something more we will add that, too. In the long run, it could be a fully sophisticated fan page, but dedicated to the Obsidian Order! :)

As the entrance to the order membership closes on Sunday I think (and hope) we can publish the site right afterwards with the final number and titles of the members included.

Edited by LordCrash
  • Like 9
35167v4.jpg

Look at that, I don't look at this topic for a full day and we're at 25 pages... You silly flooders!

Edited by The Mist Devil

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Welcome to our newest entries:

• vodka, Official Beverage of the Obsidian Order
  • Shiroco, Desertstorm of the Obsidian Order

You are on my next update list (this evening UTF+1). :)

I've sent PMs to Floren and Silver Night, because their titles have been already taken, but no answer so far.

• Like 1

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

Look at that, I don't look at this topic for a full day and we're at 25 pages... You silly flooders!

I know right? We need a "friendly people doing friendly things" board or something like that...

I was thinking of making a thread in the 'Way Off Topic' Board and directing all of 'us' there, (ya'll know who you are! ;3 )...

But uh... we don't get post counts for posting in there, huehuehue :d

It's not the number under your avatar that matters, anyway. It's the number of people who click on that green button on the bottom right of your posts. Quality over quantity. That way, people won't have to consult said number to know you're someone to keep track of around here... people will already be talking about you.

• Like 5

It's not the number under your avatar that matters, anyway. It's the number of people who click on that green button on the bottom right of your posts. Quality over quantity. That way, people won't have to consult said number to know you're someone to keep track of around here... people will already be talking about you.

That's quite insightful. I didn't really think about it like that :U