Collectibles Minigame?

Hey all,

just wanted to plant the seed of this idea for other people to build upon.

How would you guys like to see some sort of mini-game to play around the world in Project Eternity? I'm talking along the lines of Triple Triad and Blitzball. You couldcollect cards/players from all over the world and take a break from the story/action to have a game of cards.

Just a thought that came to me, but I don't have much time to develop it further at the moment (work!). I must admit I haven't (yet) played any of the games that inspired PE, but did any of them have this sort of thing?

The dice poker mini-game in the Witcher was at least entertaining and it added to the character of the setting. If they do have a mini-game, something comparable to that would be good.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I hate mini-games.

This. They are extremely hit or miss.

Pazaak was fun, but got stale fast too.

Can't really think of anything better 0_o

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm not against typical gambling parlors, particularly if there's more utility to them than a place to lose money.

I've never been crazy about the "walk up to random people and play minigames in the middle of the street" approach.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Also lack of printing press makes cards difficult, at least in a collectable sense (as anyone who had cards would have presumably made the deck themselves).

Dice games don't seem all that collectable.

Marbles?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hey all,

just wanted to plant the seed of this idea for other people to build upon.

How would you guys like to see some sort of mini-game to play around the world in Project Eternity? I'm talking along the lines of Triple Triad and Blitzball. You couldcollect cards/players from all over the world and take a break from the story/action to have a game of cards.

Please leave those in the FF games that birthed them. If I wanted to play a card game, I will go play a card game.

The only "collectibles" I want are lore books and scrolls scattered everywhere.

Or gold ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee