What about hunger ?

an hunger system ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interesting with an hunger system ?

• Yes (food, drink, and rest )
    • No (My barbarian never drink or eat)
    • maybe (tell us what you want)

Hi,

have you plan to create an hunger system.

That's very interesting, system with rest, food, and drink with buff and debuff if your character drink a good water or poisoned water same with food.

three level in food, basic, cooked food, and higher cooked food.

What did you mean ?

.:: Dual Waraxe Only ::

.:: Dwarf Power !!! ::.

Have it be automatic though. My character should have enough sense on his own to eat and drink on his own.

Traditionally, food and drink in a tavern would only cost a few copper pieces, have that automatically deducted if you speak to a bartender.

Allow rations to be carried and a water flask, and just let the player know when they're empty instead of having to think about eating them.

If someone in the party has a high enough "survival" check, allow them to find food and water on their own without having to carry these things, and just change the check required based on the environment they're in. If they have a really good check, they can find such things for the other companions as well.

Have priests know orrisons that allow them to summon food or purify drink for the party that they simply use automatically when necessary.

Lastly have some special items that give you an endless source of food and water.

As long as the player doesn't have to constantly worry about who has eaten and who hasn't, it should be fine and add a little depth to the game.

I dont mind food mechanic, but if you ever played utima series you will know feeding 6 or so people every time they get hungry becomes somewhat of a chore. If your party had a regular breaks where they sat down and ate food you had available and engaged in meaningful dialogue, haha or deep brooding in front of a camp fire if you are going solo that may make it more interesting and less of a chore.

They could even reference the food, eg expect feedback if there is no food or it has gone off or burnt.

I voted "maybe - tell us what you want", and though a poll is nice, I think one thread is enough. I don't wish to bother repeating myself in multiple threads.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I went and voted yes, I'd go further and say 2 things, 1 regardless of settings it would be nice to have an hour or 2 of 'well fed' after eating 'depending' on what it is, and where you are. Example, if you goto an inn and nab some food auto-well fed cause, its food from an inn, good stuff. If your not in town, out in a dungoen somewhere then survival skill of some kind kicks in and not sucking with that will result in well fed, otherwise you just aren't starving (wood/water meters like FO:NV).

And, of course, 2, it being tied fo that hardcore setting cause, srsly, some folks don't wanna deal with that **** like I do. And hey, sometimes even I don't want to and I love that kinda crap.The well fed thing keeps inn feeding useful at any difficulty, as does using food with a good survival skill in non-hardcore mode outside of a town. As a side note on that inn keeper, as per someones suggestion... I don't thinkt he inn keeper should be automated, least not entirely. I don't wanna talk to him and have it auto spend money. Maybe im saving money and ill feed my self from crap I got off a kill/food I already have. Should be a dialog option with Inn keeper/waiters in taverns and.. yeah you pay 2c and that's the auto-part, fills your meters and your well fed.

Def Con: kills owls dead

Sorry to the double thread i don't have seen the first :(

If an moderator can merge or delete my thread.

Thank you :)

Can do.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."