Diablothon for Project Eternity

Just putting this out there:

In the final week of the KickStarter the D3 players on this forum meet. We play Diablo 3 like crazy. We then donate all of our best items accrued in said games to a nominated person who puts them all on the Real Money Auction House. That person then donates it via their KS account (also a good way of helping out a fellow gamer who might not be able to afford to go up another tier independently).

I like D3, but also find it deeply ironic that we could use such a gonzo ARPG to fund something as beautiful as PE :sorcerer:

sonsofgygax.JPG

While I think it would be amusing to use a game I was fairly disappointed in to help fund a different game that I'm interested in, I have no desire to give D3 any more of my cash (the RMAH isn't actually free, after all).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone want to buy my account? I'll use the money to upgrade my pledge :p

Knowing EULAs I somehow doubt it's legal :)

Nobody cares about legality. Legality is moot. It changes from time and - especially - place. It's why most piracy discussions bog down to nonsense.

Let's discuss whether it's moral, instead.

I doubt he'd get it sold, though. It's still D3 we're talking about here. :D

t50aJUd.jpg

Nobody cares about legality. Legality is moot. It changes from time and - especially - place. It's why most piracy discussions bog down to nonsense.

Also knowing EULAs I doubt that they are legal either.

Say no to popamole!

Also knowing EULAs I doubt that they are legal either.

Yeah... morals are illegal in our society.

Their was a case not long agoabout this stuff.

I loved Diablo and Diablo II.

Diablo III on the other hand did nothing for me, I watched the videos and read the info like everyone else, but it just did not have classic dark gothic Diablo feel about it the others had. As such I never bought the game, hearing most peoples opinion it was obviously the right thing to do.

Edit - Torchlight is just too comical for my tastes.

Edited by Aedelric
  • Like 1

Their was a case not long agoabout this stuff.

I loved Diablo and Diablo II.

Diablo III on the other hand did nothing for me, I watched the videos and read the info like everyone else, but it just did not have classic dark gothic Diablo feel about it the others had. As such I never bought the game, hearing most peoples opinion it was obviously the right thing to do.

Edit - Torchlight is just too comical for my tastes.

So I got D3 as soon as it came out. Played it through and thought it was awesome....THEN I realized this is all about loot and getting super stuff. The story doesnt change, the outcome never changes and the runs will never change just the difficulty...I havent logged on since I beat it. My buddies badgers me about it since we co-oped once through and I just cant bring myself to replay that game. I've replayed Fallout 3 and New Vegas several times. The same with a bunch of my other games...heck I still have KOTOR 1&2 and have played both recently...sadly they dont work very well on the 360 but still...D3 sucked for replayability in my book.

Nick B

"YOU HAVE DIED OF DYSENTERY" - Oregon Trail