They should cast voice actors based on character appropriateness, not to service fans.

I think Imoen had pretty good v/a though, even if the character wasn't very good.

Edited by Zed
  • Like 5

Get Steve Blum, he has a pretty wide range of voices.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Her voice worked for the character. The voice actress may or may not work for characters in this game, who knows? It also depends on the talent, too. For instance, we all know Jim Cummings can do many types of voices, inflections, etc., whereas I'm sure there are some who are more limited (but good at what they do) in range.

All the voice actors for the BG games are twelve (12) years older. The voice does change as you mature. Plus I would rather see money spent on other things than "stars". This is a new game even if based on old ways. I don't want a clone of BG or PS/T or any other game. I just want the things that made those games so outstanding. Story, depth, challenges etc. New voices for a new game is my vote.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I always found Imoen's voice to be incredibly annoying.

Also, to the people suggesting famous names for voice actors - NO. This adds nothing to the game experience at all. All it does is waste money that could be spent elsewhere. Besides, in a fantasy game, who the hell wants to hear an NPC speak and think "that's [insert Earth celebrity]". :mellow:

I'm actually in favour of no voice actors at all, but if they insist on having some voices in the game, they should use unknown professional voice actors and limit the voiced dialogue to very basic greetings...

• Like 2

Melissa Disney has a remarkable voice!

How much would she cost, though?

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

They should cast voice actors based on character appropriateness, not to service fans.

I think Imoen had pretty good v/a though, even if the character wasn't very good.

I think IGN employers should voice every character. Somehow that's fanservice to someone.

Edited by Delterius