PS:T style alignment system

(sorry if there was a topic about this already, couldnt find. also i am assuming here that we will have alignment in the first place)

do you think a planescape: torment style alignment system will do for you? i would like that but with a bit of more info: we should get some clues that where our alignment is going (before it changes).

• Like 1

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

@Kirottu is correct -- the developers have already confirmed that there will not be an alignment system of any sort, but some sort of measurement of the player's reputation with various factions.

With that being said, if there were an alignment system, I would support a "start at neutral, then evolve your alignment as you play" model over the "You choose your starting spot and your alignment is adjusted during play" or "Your alignment is static, regardless of actions" model.

@Kirottu is correct -- the developers have already confirmed that there will not be an alignment system of any sort, but some sort of measurement of the player's reputation with various factions.

With that being said, if there were an alignment system, I would support a "start at neutral, then evolve your alignment as you play" model over the "You choose your starting spot and your alignment is adjusted during play" or "Your alignment is static, regardless of actions" model.

i wonder how that "reputation system" would work...

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

Well, in other games it is pretty straightforward: Whenever you perform a public action that benefits / pleases a factions, you gain points with that faction -- whenever you do something that hurts / displeases a faction, you lose points. Only actions that the faction learns about matter, obviously, and it is very common for a single action to please one faction while displeasing another. A positive reputation with a faction functions as a key to enable access to better stores / prices, as well as enabling quests and the like. A low reputation with a faction may result in faction members refusing to sell to you, refusing to give you quests, or even attacking on sight.

I would expect the model in PE to work along these lines as well.

i wonder how that "reputation system" would work...

Fallou: New Vegas style is my best guess.

Edit: Oh, you were talking about the alignment... Nevermind.

Edited by Dem

Perhaps a character's soul is shaped by the actions they perform?

A self-sacrificng character would have a different 'flavor' of soul than a selfish one?

A character that commits random or violent acts has a soul that is 'cracked'?

Lots of ways that could go.

edit: I am not talking about a morality system... just the soul functioning differently when stressed continuously in certain ways.

Edited by Gurkog
Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.