Fever! In the morning

Walsingham

I'm told that this fever I'm running is common to whole swathes of the country. Who else is down with lurgi? And who else is schlepping into a high tech office which is how they got it in the first place so that they can infect everyone else?

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Most of hubs main client office is down with a cold, including hubby. I think he said there's one healthy person left. No big fevers tho...think it's just cold, not major flu. Hubs staying home/working remotely so he can make sure to infect his wife. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fever down, but joints aching all day, and dog tired. Judged my utility to work was nil so stayed at home in bed.

Listened to the radio. Luckily BBC radio 4extra seems to be producing the audio equivalent of teddy bears at the moment.

Hope I recover soon. I can't afford to be off too much just now.

EDIT: Hope your husband doesn't catch whatever this is. Doesn't seem too serious, apart from the shaking. But it has made me very short tempered.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

High fevers are horrid. Glad it's down, hope it stays that way.

Also..."audio equivalent of teddy bears" is an awesome phrase.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I get migranes worse than any feevers I've ever had. The up side to those is that they are usually over in a day. Feels like someone scooped out my eyeballs and rolled them gently over synthetic grass, sprinkled the sockets with hotsauce and then plopped them back in.

If I don't get my heavy duty painkillers in time I spend the better part of said day leaning against a wall, or shuffling about aimlessly like the walking dead. Even sitting down results in more blood, and pain, transported to my head. My doctor wont prescribe more than 10 at a time because he's worried I'll turn into an adict. That's how badass the pills for that are.

It doesn't happen more than once or twice every other month, but I've got the lot of you beat for pain. Just saying.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Doing that twice a month does indeed sound awful.

-Elwood Blues

@Gorgon - I think my husband has you beat. No migraines but constant headache - moderate to severe - every day for 25 years. They started around age 21 and he spent his early 20's going to doctors, brain ppl, chiropractors, and acupuncturists trying to figure it out but nothing got rid of them. Now he just OD's on Advil and has learned to live life with them. These days you wouldn't realize he suffers like that ... unless you're his spouse. ;)

My grandmother had migraines tho...they were pretty bad, so I know how terrible they can affect a person.

I actually function fairly well with even very high fevers, but give me a bad tension headache (the kind that makes you feel nauseous when your head moves) and I'm taking a nap immediately. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson

Fever seemes to have burned it out. Green mucus all day. Bug corpses, so I understand. Pretty tired, but cheery.

-Elwood Blues

Exhausted, but like Monte I'll be off to work tomorrow. No option.

-Elwood Blues