The Hobbit movie trailer has been released

Guard Dog

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/12/21/ra...d-nerds-rejoice

Looks pretty sharp. If the world does not blow up next year it goes on my "must see "list.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Never mind, you guys already know about it. One of the mods can delete this thread.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

How about just changing the title to "The Hobbit Movie" or some such?" You can always claim to have created the first thread later next year when interest starts really picking up :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thorin doesn't work for me as he looks way too big and non-dwarfy, but hey, looks good! I'm sure it'll deliver.

Looks great. Some of the dwarves were a bit too "cute" imho, but it looks promising.

Well, it's a kid's book and a kid's movie. Although i do think that professional child psychologists have a huge burden of guilt to shoulder for making children's entertainment

1) insane

2) insipid

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Looks great. Some of the dwarves were a bit too "cute" imho, but it looks promising.

Well, it's a kid's book and a kid's movie. Although i do think that professional child psychologists have a huge burden of guilt to shoulder for making children's entertainment

1) insane

2) insipid

As long as they don't turn them into teletubbies..

Maybe cute wasn't the correct word. They were.. pretty and well groomed. I always pictured dwarves to be a bit more rugged and scarred.

Of course the dwarves in a kid's movie can't be as crusty and gritty as Gimli. I tend to forget it's not LotR.

Anyway, looking forward to next xmas.

J.

Edited by Junai

It's just occurred to me that they could have all been black. I don't think Tolkein said anywhere that they WEREN'T. Plus, being black underground would have all kinds of survival benefits.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Looks great. Already a "must-see" in my book.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy